PDA

View Full Version : Hey Boatcop

djunkie
06-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Do you know what was going on saturday in Parker? I was cruising up river and saw the fire/rescue boat and a fire truck on the az. side I think just past Roadrunner. Hopefully nothing real bad.

Kilrtoy
06-26-2006, 11:56 AM
They heard there was a fire sale on armoral :boxed:

djunkie
06-26-2006, 12:37 PM
I guess I'm a little slower than usual today Kilr. WTF are you talking about? :confused:

slink
06-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Heard it was PWC vs Boat. A lady on a PWC pulled up to our beach at Castle Rock screaming for someone to call 911. Said a man was hit and stuck under a boat. She couldn't give any more details, not even to where it was at, just "Down There". I called 911 from the pay phone and the dispatcher said they had help already on scene.

phebus
06-26-2006, 12:58 PM
That doesn't sound good....

JB in so cal
06-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Heard it was PWC vs Boat. A lady on a PWC pulled up to our beach at Castle Rock screaming for someone to call 911. Said a man was hit and stuck under a boat. She couldn't give any more details, not even to where it was at, just "Down There". I called 911 from the pay phone and the dispatcher said they had help already on scene.
Wow. those PWC riders sure keep their wits about them, huh? :rolleyes:

djunkie
06-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Wow. those PWC riders sure keep their wits about them, huh? :rolleyes:
I had a couple close calls with them myself. I finally just parked the boat and gave up.

2Driver
06-26-2006, 01:16 PM
on a Polaris across from Echo (AZ side north of Sundance) weekend before last. At first I thought he was just getting wet and swimming next to his ski. He made no eye contact for help as we passed, then I realized I better to a U-turn and go check him out.
By the time I got to him his eyes were the size of Frisbees and he was up against the rock cliffs in the water off the ski being pushed against the rocks on the AZ side. Tricky but we managed to get him off the rocks and tow him out. Another minute and I think the ski would have stuck to the cliff and the current would have tumbled the ski. Why didn't he yell for help? :rolleyes:

JB in so cal
06-26-2006, 02:17 PM
on a Polaris across from Echo (AZ side north of Sundance) weekend before last. At first I thought he was just getting wet and swimming next to his ski. He made no eye contact for help as we passed, then I realized I better to a U-turn and go check him out.
By the time I got to him his eyes were the size of Frisbees and he was up against the rock cliffs in the water off the ski being pushed against the rocks on the AZ side. Tricky but we managed to get him off the rocks and tow him out. Another minute and I think the ski would have stuck to the cliff and the current would have tumbled the ski. Why didn't he yell for help? :rolleyes:
see my above post :rolleyes:

OGShocker
06-26-2006, 02:25 PM
see my above post :rolleyes:
OMG! I just spit my Ice Tea all over my new laptop! The first post made me chuckle but this made me laugh!

Boatcop
06-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Do you know what was going on saturday in Parker? I was cruising up river and saw the fire/rescue boat and a fire truck on the az. side I think just past Roadrunner. Hopefully nothing real bad.
Don't have all the minute details as of yet. But from preliminary info, a PWC rider wasn't watching what he was doing and came directly across the River and slammed into the side of Dougie Peter's boat, Honcho.
Doug tried evasive action, but couldn't keep from getting hit.
PWC a total mess. Operator (only one aboard) went away with possible broken ribs and fractured vertebrae(s). No injuries on Honcho, but suffered some damage to the chine and strake area on the port side, including a minor hull breach (that's a "hole", for you I.E. folks). Bilge pump kept up with the flow and was able to get it on the trailer without sinking.
Looks like total PWC fault. No alcohol/drugs involved. PWC operator got a few tickets out of the deal.

JB in so cal
06-26-2006, 02:38 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hardin18454
06-26-2006, 02:45 PM
They would sell those damn PWC's to monkeys if they had money. Hell I think half the people riding those thigs are a step behind in evolution. Its getting to the point where I almost get hit by a PWC every time I go out now. Its getting pretty scary on the river with these morons out there. The only PWC riders that are safe are the ones that own or have owned a boat.

tamalewagon
06-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Don't have all the minute details as of yet. But from preliminary info, a PWC rider wasn't watching what he was doing and came directly across the River and slammed into the side of Dougie Peter's boat, Honcho.
PWC a total mess. Operator (only one aboard) went away with possible broken ribs and fractured vertebrae(s). No injuries on Honcho, but suffered some damage to the chine and strake area on the port side, including a minor hull breach (that's a "hole", for you I.E. folks). Bilge pump kept up with the flow and was able to get it on the trailer without sinking.
Looks like total PWC fault. No alcohol/drugs involved. PWC operator got a few tickets out of the deal.
Would love to see a PWC ban at Parker. In my dreams.

little rowe boat
06-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Does it never end ? :rolleyes:

Hardin18454
06-26-2006, 02:47 PM
They should make a drivers liscense (sp.?) for PWC's.

Hardin18454
06-26-2006, 02:49 PM
AND they should have to renue them every year when they get there stickers.

djunkie
Thanks for the info. Glad no one was killed, but sucks it had to happen.

djunkie
They should make a drivers liscense (sp.?) for PWC's.
I've seen quite a few boaters that need the same.

Parker Dreamin
06-26-2006, 02:54 PM
thanks for the details Alan.

Kilrtoy
06-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Does it never end ? :rolleyes:
Its a joke....... :boxed:

little rowe boat
06-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Its a joke....... :boxed:
I know. :boxed:

RiverDave
06-26-2006, 03:35 PM
That sucks.. :( Sorry to hear Doug had to deal with all that B.S.
RD

BLOWN HOWARD
06-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Hey Djunkie i didnt see ya out there were did you stay at?? Only saw 1 bullet the whole weekend.

3 daytona`s
06-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Now after we read the facts ,the Comedian must feel? :rolleyes:

XtrmWakeborder
06-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Is that the big Apache? If so i haven't seen that boat in years! Glad nobody was killed...this time.

Boatcop
06-26-2006, 08:07 PM
no it's actually (i think) a 97 hallett that he bought from a dude he, the kempers and herbst's used to ski race with - keyes (and the old "honcho" has retired, thank god :cry: )
Isn't it the one that's 1/2 Hallet and 1/2 Advantage, Sleek or something like that?
I seem to remember that it burned and he couldn't get the cap to replace the original Hallet and got another make for the topside.

djunkie
06-26-2006, 09:46 PM
Hey Djunkie i didnt see ya out there were did you stay at?? Only saw 1 bullet the whole weekend.
I stayed at my house in Havasu but came down to my buddies house for the day on saturday. Took a couple boat rides but got tired of dodging yahoos so I parked the boat and started drinking.
Oh and I don't have a Bullett. :cry:

BLOWN HOWARD
06-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Yeah makes two of us that wish we had bullet's!!!! And your right there were some idiots out this weekend in parker. Could not believe how many PWC'S its nutz!!!!!!

djunkie
06-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Yeah makes two of us that wish we had bullet's!!!! And your right there were some idiots out this weekend in parker. Could not believe how many PWC'S its nutz!!!!!!
Ya it was pretty crazy for a non holiday weekend. You going to the Howard regatta? That reminds me, I need to bump a thread. :rollside:

Mrs. casean
06-27-2006, 02:25 PM
It was filled w/ PWC's! We did the same as djunkie... went back parked the boat and drank safely on the beach :D Saw lots of stupid people, two in mind... one chick floating on her PWC w/o a life jacket, gotta look good I guess, and the other was a chaparral or something like that w/ one of the big swim steps that is huge and girls just drinking and sitting on that while driver was in motion... helloooo!!! Oh and another, an open bow something boat w/ 4 kids standing up in the bow as they were driving along... what are people thinking! We just went to the sandbar on Saturday for a bit then went for a ride to the bouys at bluewater then headed back to drink :D Too many crazies not paying attention. Lets hope this weekend is better :rolleyes: we can hope at least!

OCMerrill
06-27-2006, 04:41 PM
We were there from last Thursday and just got back a few hours ago. My sister got married at the Bluewater on Saturday morning so we did not even turn the key until nightfall. I dig evening runs.
It was crazy busy last Thursday and Friday as well as what you guys are saying Saturday was like.
Just a PWC note...we were sitting idle INSIDE the boat bouys at Echo visiting with some freinds on the front row up from the gas dock and a group of PWC morons split inside the boat bouys and inbetween us and the sea wall which could not have been 20'. They never broke stride. This is out of control.
The freaking PWC things are out of control.
Sunday we hung at the beach in Glass Alley most all day.
Water was way up this weekend. Even on Thursday.

Kilrtoy
06-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Now after we read the facts ,the Comedian must feel? :rolleyes:
I just finished laughing at my joke, So does that tell ya how I feel :rolleyes: