PDA

View Full Version : place diverter question

smiggley
06-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Looking to get a diverter for my jet. Having a hard time finding a used splitbowl...
Can I run a place diverter on my stock Berkeley bowl (JC-A) for the time being. and then add a split and droop later?
I also think I might have some clearance probs with my stock swim deck and cable so I plan on going with the hydraulic setup but it looks like the forward/reverse arm on the place diverter is higher than my stock one, plus its on the opposite side which I am not sure is going to give me some probs. I saw that there is a new type of cable (33c) "Supreme" that instead of the standard 33c having a minimum 8" bend radius, the "Supreme" has a tighter 4" radius. Has anyone ran this type of cable?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mr. Crusader 83
06-26-2006, 04:22 PM
you can run a diverter on a non-split bowl pump. if you wanna add a droop snoot you will need a split bowl. i might be wrong but i dont think there is a diff. between the split bowl and non split bowl diverter.
i had a non split bowl on my boat and i found a split bowl from a place in el cajon for $100 and my diverter worked just fine.
good luck

smiggley
06-26-2006, 09:43 PM
anyone have a good pic of the low clearance place diverters? any drawbacks to these units?