PDA

View Full Version : IN MEMORY OF HTM INCIDENT

sleepster
01-15-2002, 03:35 PM
We here at Hot Boat Magazine & Hot Boat On-line are very saddened to hear about the tragic accident involving HTM. Hot Boat Online is planning to post a memorial paying tribute to these men. If you have any photos, or personalized stories of these men that you would like to share with us, please forward them to Alan Kritzer, c/o: Hot Boat Magazine, 3620 N. Rancho Drive, Suite 102, Las Vegas, NV 89130 or e-mail: alan@***boat.net. thank you for your support.

RiverDave2
01-15-2002, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know if this is Steve's boat or not?
***boat, I will e-mail you the rest of the pics I have.
http://www.havasubarney.com/genesis/web_pages/images/riverdave/HTM2.jpg

Chestah Cheetah
01-15-2002, 04:02 PM
I'm not positive but it looks like the one that was featured in Family & Performance for their 143MPH pass - driven by Steve. Don't quote me though!

Jrocket
01-15-2002, 04:05 PM
Hey Dave.Barney has a picture over at his site.....John

James'SS-24
01-15-2002, 04:06 PM
That's Roy Ayres' (sp?) boat. Steve's latest was white with blue similar to Chet's The one that pulled the 143 was the route 66 boat (grey with green waves). It has been sold.
[This message has been edited by James'SS-24 (edited January 15, 2002).]

RiverDave2
01-15-2002, 04:08 PM
James, is it this one?
http://www.havasubarney.com/genesis/web_pages/images/riverdave/HTMBacking1.jpg
RD

RiverDave2
01-15-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket:
Hey Dave.Barney has a picture over at his site.....John
Jrocket, I posted all those pics over there and I have a bunch more on Archives but I want to make sure I send ***boat the right ones..
***boat, if you go through your Archives there should be a thread with a whole bunch of pics of HTM's Racing Team from Firebird. I can't remember the title but I started it and it was in the cats and tunnels section I'm pretty sure.
RD
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited January 15, 2002).]

James'SS-24
01-15-2002, 04:12 PM
No! That's Mrpumps. Steve's ran a procharger, so no hole in the hatch.

RiverDave2
01-15-2002, 04:14 PM
James Mr.Pumps boat is Yellow and Purple. I have a whole bunch of pictures of his boat etc..
I'm just not sure which boat is Steve's.. I'm pretty sure it's one of those two..
RD
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited January 15, 2002).]

sleepster
01-15-2002, 04:26 PM
Hey guys, the response is great, does anybody have individual photos of the guys for our online tribute? please forward to us, thank you so much alan.

RiverDave2
01-15-2002, 04:29 PM
Unfortunately when I was with Mr.Pumps I just took pictures of the boats.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif
RD

DMB
01-15-2002, 04:31 PM
Its not Mr pumps, mr pump had purple and yellow Flames, that was the paint design steves new ride,
The last time i saw ken at the lake about four weeks ago, witch was the last time we talked, he told me they put a 14/71 on steves boat to prove they could make the same speed without the procharger.
So that could be his boat.

RiverDave2
01-15-2002, 04:46 PM
DMB, I have lots of pictures of Mr.Pumps boat.. I also have pictures of the other HTM Racing boats I'm just not sure which one was Steve's.
Is it either one of those two?
RD

DMB
01-15-2002, 05:45 PM
Roys boat is the red and blue one running the liquid mile,
The boat backing up is the same exact paint scheme as steves drag boat, so im almost positive thats it.

James'SS-24
01-15-2002, 06:09 PM
RD2 I dug out my pictures of Steve's new boat that I took when I picked mine up in Feb. If they put the 14-71 blower on it like some one said that's it. We need to contact HTM lady for a positive ID. I could be wrong cause I've slept since then, but I'm sure that first picture is Roy's boat.

Chet 17
01-15-2002, 06:33 PM
Here it is, Yes that is Steves boat, the blue one at Firebird, and yes Mr Pumps is the purple and yellow flame, and last that is Roy Ayers with the shopping cart handle on the back, Roy's was the first SS made.
Ohhh bye the way the old Route 66 boat that Steve took to 143mph is now owned by Darin Elliot and he was a real close friend of Steves.
I love Boat trivia keep em coming
Chet
[This message has been edited by Chet 17 (edited January 15, 2002).]

James'SS-24
01-15-2002, 06:41 PM
Yeah Chet, the Route 66 boat was at the regatta but, I didn't know who bought it. When I made the deal on mine in December a year ago it was the day after Steve ran the 143. That boat is really the one that sold me on HTM. When I looked at it after that history making run and heard the history of the boat and saw what kind of shape the boat was still in (Steve called it his "Dyno" at that time) after all of the abuse it had seen I figured that Steve and His team made one helluva boat, so I had to have one! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Route66
01-15-2002, 08:04 PM
The second picture is Steve's new boat with the "Roots Blower" and his old boat is receiving a new engine for this year that him and I where going set the 150 mark with. Obviously things have changed.

MrHavasuCat
01-17-2002, 01:58 PM
When I saw Steve at the parade of lights in Havasu last December he was driving the boat in the second photo.

tbanzer
10-08-2006, 08:32 AM
I can only say that I hope to God some of you people have learned from this disaster. There are no Federal guidlines, state guidlines, anyone can go start building boats and selling them to the general public.
One would think at least a College degree would be appropriate with some studies along the line of this. But it seems there werent even High school diplomas. Car racing along Van Nuys Blvd doesent qualify one to build boats.
It is absolutely mind boggleing why someone would go that fast in 4 ft chop with strong winds, with nothing in the boat to sit on. except a bare hull, and not think something bad was going to happen.
True, shit happens. And the fact that had the driver he lived would have been cited for manuslughter, and multilple other charges tells the story a bit better. Thats an ugly Industry down there. Just my 2 cents worth, of course.
I dont think that any of your comments were worth 2 cents. Why drag this up 4 years later, what is gained be this disrespectfull post?

THOR
10-08-2006, 08:33 AM
I.
One would think at least a College degree would be appropriate with some studies along the line of this.
I am very well educated and that statement about having a degree is absurb. Get real.

Beer-30
10-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Yeah. Whopper of a first post. Good goin'. :rolleyes:

ECeptor
10-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Yeah. Whopper of a first post. Good goin'. :rolleyes:
+1

LUVNLIFE
10-08-2006, 08:48 AM
You have to figure that this is someone else from the boards that finally figured out after fours years of not being able to say what was on his mind, he could just come up with another name. Really must have been tearing him up on the inside to dig it up from so long ago :yuk: :yuk: :rolleyes:

buzzaro
10-08-2006, 10:00 AM
I can only say that I hope to God some of you people have learned from this disaster. There are no Federal guidlines, state guidlines, anyone can go start building boats and selling them to the general public.
One would think at least a College degree would be appropriate with some studies along the line of this. But it seems there werent even High school diplomas. Car racing along Van Nuys Blvd doesent qualify one to build boats.
It is absolutely mind boggleing why someone would go that fast in 4 ft chop with strong winds, with nothing in the boat to sit on. except a bare hull, and not think something bad was going to happen.
True, shit happens. And the fact that had the driver he lived would have been cited for manuslughter, and multilple other charges tells the story a bit better. Thats an ugly Industry down there. Just my 2 cents worth, of course.
Well, I dont normally post on heavy issues like this but this one I will. I dont know anything about the incident or any of the people involved. In fact what you are saying has nothing to do with this incident either. Its this attittude that is the reason I have to wear a seatbelt and a helmet. While these things may be a good idea it should be for me to decide, since I should be the one held accountable for my actions. If someone is building a fast boat for sale to the general public shouldnt it be the publics decision to buy it and then also to go fast in it? While the machine may or may not have been capable of doing whatever, isnt it still the pilot that makes it do those things? Its my responsibility to take care of myself and my family and to teach my kids to do the same(if I ever have any). It doesnt take a college degree to know when something is dangerous.

unleashed
10-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Wow, name me all the top mfg's that have college degrees so I can go buy a boat....what an idiotic statemen! :rolleyes:
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)