PDA

View Full Version : So we did the company Xmas lunch

Mandelon
12-16-2005, 03:36 PM
First we stopped off at Boot world, where the guys got their choice of boots. The 9 pairs totaled over $1100 even with a 10% discount. Then off to Joes Crab Shack where lunch was $400 including lots of Newcastles Ales, then the 10 all cash envelopes that some got $250 and most got $500 each......
RB is out the majority $$$ of a new Rhino, so I hope they are happy..... :cool:

ROZ
12-16-2005, 03:41 PM
First we stopped off at Boot world, where the guys got their choice of boots. The 9 pairs totaled over $1100 even with a 10% discount. Then off to Joes Crab Shack where lunch was $400 including lots of Newcastles Ales, then the 10 all cash envelopes that some got $250 and most got $500 each......
RB is out the majority $$$ of a new Rhino, so I hope they are happy..... :cool:
Wow, Mande.... I'm sure your guys really appreciate having a boss like you ! ..
Any fishing trips scheduled? :D
P.S. What do you think the most comfortable work boot at a reasonable price is?

Ziggy
12-16-2005, 03:59 PM
Wow, Mande.... I'm sure your guys really appreciate having a boss like you ! ..
You need flops to be a pool boy, not boots. :p
Nice going Mande.....can I work for you?

77charger
12-16-2005, 04:43 PM
how about your subs :D :D
Forgot to mention your guys probably had a day off with pay also?

Mandelon
12-16-2005, 04:50 PM
1/2 day....off today, next couple of weeks are slow so they'll get some comp time I suppose... I take em to Dream Girls now and then for beers and lapdances too. That's not a bad perk.
We are not some big $$$$ company so no one gets mega $$$$$$ not even me. LOL Some of my guys have been here 10 + years, in a small shop that says something about the environment.
You subs......get called for more work! If you're good. :p
See you RRLers tonite! :boxed:

cola
12-16-2005, 05:05 PM
P.S. What do you think the most comfortable work boot at a reasonable price is?[/QUOTE]
Whites or Wesco, not cheap $300+ but worth every penny. :cool:

chub
12-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Whites or Wesco, not cheap $300+ but worth every penny. :cool:[/QUOTE]
I like Red Wings.
Mandelone, when is that "golf tournament" coming up. I'd like to get a foursome for it. The tournament that is! :)

ROZ
12-16-2005, 05:14 PM
Whites or Wesco, not cheap $300+ but worth every penny. :cool:
I'll check them out, thanks... I want to treat my dogs right :)

phuggit
12-16-2005, 05:30 PM
That's very cool of you Mandie. The cash you gave them will probably help out their xmas more than you think.

Mandelon
12-16-2005, 06:49 PM
The best work boot for me is Wolverine. I don't remember the model, but its got a Durashock sole. The light color doesn't leave skid marks on floors, and the sole pattern is pretty mellow so I don't track mud and dirt everywhere. They run $140 or so, but are super light, water resistant suede finish and last me over a year per pair. The laces wear out before the boots do.
I know what I give them is not a lot, but better than most.

thesunking
12-16-2005, 07:20 PM
In the 16 years of being in the trade, I've just about tried every work boot and I keep going back to my durable Chippewa Sportility Logger Boots!
http://www.chippewaboot.com/images/26376.jpg

SDLifesaver
12-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Richard, what a great boss you are. I have seen your work crew in action both on the job, on the golf course and at the strip club. Those guys are worth every penny you spent. A Rhino would be nice though. That is pretty cool that you do that. By the way, when is the next tournament? NJ