PDA

View Full Version : Outward Bound.....

boatsnblondes
06-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Well, the time has come, Chris and I are signing docs tomarrow afternoon for our new home up near Modesto, Ca. After 17 years with UP, I have accepted a position as an Engineer for Amtrak, Northern California. the vector is nearly done, and we are looking forward to some great laketime up there in August, as soon as I finish my schooling in Wilmington, Delaware. Here is a shot of our new home.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14961&stc=1
Of course, the flags and the fencing are gone, the house was the model for the development, and even though I wanted to keep the flagpoles, Chris said no.
While I am new on here, I feel like I have really gotten to know you guys, and gals, and wish I could have gotten to know you all better. You always have a place to stay if you ever come up. For those of you in Northern Cal, I am looking forward to meeting a lot of new friends up there, our home is in Riverpointe off Yosemite in Waterford...look forward to some great times. Thank you all for being the best group of people I have ever met on a mesage board....take care and the Lord Bless and keep you all.

jbone
06-26-2006, 11:17 PM
Don't you get ***boat on the internet there?LOL
Just because you move doesn't mean you have to sign off.
Unless I'm missing something.
We haven't met, but good luck.
J

RitcheyRch
06-27-2006, 04:11 AM
Nice house and good luck on the move.

deltarat
06-27-2006, 04:21 AM
Congrats on your new house and job. I quess you will now be able to join us for some Delta Lunch Runs and such.

DelawareDave
06-27-2006, 04:57 AM
If you need some assistance while in Wilmington, De, send me a pm.
DD

Burn Out
06-27-2006, 06:05 AM
Good luck!
Do you still keep the benefits, still same union?
How fast does the Amtrak train run out there?
Congrats!
:)

JB in so cal
06-27-2006, 06:30 AM
Go to Lake Tullock! Good!

boatsnblondes
06-27-2006, 07:36 AM
I'll still be on here, but from up there....is the Sacramento Delta salt or fresh water???

boatsnblondes
06-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Burn out, yes, I still keep all the benefits....all the vacation, the health, dental, vision, pl days, and retirement stay the same. All that starts over is my seniority. But, in a few years all be home at night and have weekends off, something that I'll never get in frieght till my last five years, and that is on a local somewhere, and I HATE locals. So this is a good move, I can watch the kids play little league...when we get around to having them.... :rollside: As for speed, someplaces are 79, others are slower, just depends on where you are. I'll be running out of Sac. to San Jose, south to Bakersfield, and North to Klamath falls, or from Jack London to Sparks of south to Bakersfield also....lots of variety...I'll mostly run out of Sacramento though.....hope to see you aboard!!!!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
06-27-2006, 09:28 PM
...is the Sacramento Delta salt or fresh water???
Fresh to Brackish to Salt!
:)
In that order !!!!
CJG
:p

Hardin18454
06-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Nice house! I live in So. Cal. and do most of my boating on the colorado river. I do go up to the Sac. area a lot do to that my mother lives up there. The delta is a very fun place to go boating. Get a map and a good GPS when boating on the delta. It is real easy to get lost.

boatsnblondes
06-27-2006, 09:49 PM
That's a bitchen looking crib. I would have kept the flagpoles though. ;)
I tried Bob, they said no deal. Thanks for the compliment...1000' to the right side of the house, maybe a little less, is the Tuolumne river, take the woggies down there to chase around and play in the water a little bit...love it up there.....

Chubby4Life
06-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Boat's, you should have come further north! For what you paid for a track in Modesto, you could have built the same size house and 5-10 acres! Only downfall is we are near Yuba City, but hey, I hear their building a Chili's! Congrats. on the move though. :D

boatsnblondes
06-27-2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks Chub, I'll be sure to wave to ya as I head through there on my way to Klamath..as for moving up that way...sorry, too many bigfoots...I don't like bigfoots....

deltarat
06-28-2006, 04:25 AM
I'll still be on here, but from up there....is the Sacramento Delta salt or fresh water???
Dirty fresh water, if you guys need anything once you get up here feel free to get in touch with me I can probably answer most of your questions.