PDA

View Full Version : blowing white smoke

axkiker
06-27-2006, 04:49 AM
Ok I was out this past weekend and noticed that on acceleration I was blowing a descent amount of white smoke (or steam). It had never done that before so im kinda worried. My guess is that it may be the riser gaskets or something leaking water into the heads. Now what has me confused is that after I made it out of the hole and on plane it seemed to go away. I also started it on the hose yesterday and didnt get any smoke. do you all think it could have just been the humidity.
ohh yeah its a standard 454
thanks

kp216
06-27-2006, 06:27 AM
What was your engine temp? How about the water temp (lake, river, whatever you were on)?
When the lake temperature comes up and I've been running fairly hard and drop back to idle, I get more steam. Then once I take off again, I don't see it.
I also started getting more steam at idle this past weekend after I adjusted my water flow to build more heat in my motor.
If it's something new, you might check and make sure that you're getting full water flow from the jet to the logs.

axkiker
06-27-2006, 06:50 AM
well lake temp i think was around the 70 degree mark. Engine temp was around the usual 170.
how do i check if im getting full flow to the logs
thanks