PDA

View Full Version : What to do at Loto

beyondhelpin
06-27-2006, 06:28 AM
Going to head up to Loto the week after the 4th I think. What is a good place to stay. Just need someplace clean and not to expensive, dont think we will be in the room to much! . Any particular area of the lake should I stay at? First time up just need to check and see what the comotion is all about!!!!
Heading up with another couple and not kids. No kids, wow. Might just have party like rock stars!

rlj676
06-27-2006, 06:54 AM
Well, I'm assuming you want to go to party cove, as that is the main "fun" on the lake. It's around the 19 mm in the state park there. You can launch your boat right there. I don't know any specific hotels to stay in, but look for something near hwy 54 and it shouldn't be too far to the state park launch ramp. As far as bars, it kinds of depends on age bracket maybe, I like Topsider (Fri night is big there) and the Horny Toad is big as is Shooters 21, on the 21 mm. If I'm off here someone feel free to correct me.

kcvega
06-27-2006, 07:06 AM
You might try www.midwestboatparty.com.

beyondhelpin
06-27-2006, 07:19 AM
Hows the water there for a 24' boat. Is it much worse than Grand?

kcvega
06-27-2006, 07:38 AM
I haven't been there, but a friend of mine with a 31 Cig says it's pretty rough and yes worse than Grand. I believe he is going up there that weekend too.

beyondhelpin
06-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Wonder if the trim tabs might help?!! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

rlj676
06-27-2006, 10:06 AM
The water is very rough, it's a total washing machine on the weekends. The lake is fairly narrow, with cliffs bordering on at least one side most places. This combined with 50 ft Sea Rays cruisin around results in a rough ride. A 24 ft boat can make it, just not very fast. Also, alot of the area towards party cove is no wake anyways, so you won't be going fast around there. I have been in a 21 ft Bryant on a busy weekend, it is doable, but not ideal.

SUBPRIME
06-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Best place to stay: anywhere with a dock most all places have docks for visitors so you don't have to pull in and out everyday (this I never understood about havasu why does everyone pull in and out everyday? someday someone will build a huge marina I hope)
best bars: friday-topsider big dock so if you stay close go buy boat but get there early around 9ish on the 19th mile marker (also right by the arm that leads to party cove, you go under the bridge)
saturday: gotta go to Shooters 21 a couple miles down from topsiders also huge docks gotta go buy boat. some of the best partying happens on the docks trust me! (horney toad is good but if this is your first trip gotta go to shooters!)
After hours: don't know if it's still open but aqua pizza used to stay open 24hrs a day and everyone went there for after bar party!
Daytime: must go to Party cove!!! huge raft ups with hundreds of boats (best part no pasties!!! just don't take your bottoms off! )
Man just talking about it is getting me fired up!! I've been to Fla, Tx, Mo, and now west coast and LOTO is the best place to boat by far!!

beyondhelpin
06-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Best place to stay: anywhere with a dock most all places have docks for visitors so you don't have to pull in and out everyday (this I never understood about havasu why does everyone pull in and out everyday? someday someone will build a huge marina I hope)
best bars: friday-topsider big dock so if you stay close go buy boat but get there early around 9ish on the 19th mile marker (also right by the arm that leads to party cove, you go under the bridge)
saturday: gotta go to Shooters 21 a couple miles down from topsiders also huge docks gotta go buy boat. some of the best partying happens on the docks trust me! (horney toad is good but if this is your first trip gotta go to shooters!)
After hours: don't know if it's still open but aqua pizza used to stay open 24hrs a day and everyone went there for after bar party!
Daytime: must go to Party cove!!! huge raft ups with hundreds of boats (best part no pasties!!! just don't take your bottoms off! )
Man just talking about it is getting me fired up!! I've been to Fla, Tx, Mo, and now west coast and LOTO is the best place to boat by far!!
This is what I was hoping for. Leave the boat in the water and have fun. Just gotta keep from letting the bigg old mean lake in boat. Probally wont be making many speed runs that weekend. Cant wait!