PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Electric Acuator

river runner
06-27-2006, 09:12 AM
I know this should be in the "How to" section but I need to know before the weekend. My acuator is stuck down the motor still tries to unstick but it's not. I diconnected the hatch and it just spins. Is my only option to pull it apart or is there any tricks? Appreciate any help. I'm pretty sure my son closed it last so who knows how long he held the switch down. :220v:

ChumpChange
06-27-2006, 09:16 AM
There is a manual release switch right next to the flux capacitor.

river runner
06-27-2006, 09:29 AM
There is a manual release switch right next to the flux capacitor.
THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

JetBoatRich
06-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Chris have you tried the BAM BAM technique :rolleyes:

voodoomedman
06-27-2006, 12:13 PM
I diconnected the hatch and it just spins.
I don't know what the problem is but just so you know. Even if the actuator is not broken it just spins when the hatch is not connected. Like it needs the pressure from the hatch or something.

Chadman!
06-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Sounds like a faulty actuator. I get them all the time. Just flip the switch back and forth a bunch of times quickly and it should free up.

Member: 7673
06-27-2006, 10:04 PM
It doesn't need pressure, it needs something to stop the top from spinning freely. It's a clutched screw drive. But, good call, that type definately won't go up unless it's attached.
What he said...Btw river runner nice avatar :)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar10327_1.gif

Chubby4Life
06-27-2006, 10:13 PM
I had similar problems on our old boat. Here's a few things that I've had go wrong. Maybe one of them is your problem:
1) Are the batteries charged enough? Low batts. may have enough to turn the screw without a load, but not with one.
2) Is the momentary switch not returning to off? Ours would start to stick over time and it would overheat the actuator motor.
3) Do you have a Rex accelerator hooked up? Have you checked the connections?
Hope this helps,
Chris

voodoomedman
06-27-2006, 10:14 PM
It doesn't need pressure, it needs something to stop the top from spinning freely. It's a clutched screw drive. But, good call, that type definately won't go up unless it's attached.
Yeah I was thinking that but couldn't put it into the right words. Hope he gets it fixed.

river runner
06-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks everyone i'm going to look at it in the morning hopefully it's an easy fix.