PDA

View Full Version : Color Sanding & Buffing

BLOWN HOWARD
06-27-2006, 09:15 AM
The boat below the rub rail is looking a little dull from the balls that it sits up against on the dock. What is the best way to wet sand and buff the lower half of the boat?? Thanks

EXTREMEBOATS
06-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Color sand it with 1500 wet/dry , use a rough compound first. I like Perco, its like rocks in a can...Great for gel coat. Then I go over it with a medium finish compound with a new buff pad. Then i'll use 3M Finessit glaze to seal it and remove any buff marks. If you have deep scars you can blend them in if have enogh gel without hiting glass. Make sure you wax it when your done. I found it holds up longer with regular waxing's. Need any help give me a call...
Mike

BLOWN HOWARD
06-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the info Mike. As soon as it cools down i might attempt this if i havent already sold it by then. THanks CHris

EXTREMEBOATS
06-30-2006, 08:00 PM
HOT????? Man come on over... Its been 94 plus, the this time of year afternoon storms and 200% humidity!!!! At 10 o clock this morning it was 102 in the shop... My home land of Michigan is sounding pretty good.... Were looking for land some where between Tenn. and Ark. now. I should be moved up that way in a year or so. Some say were nuts, But Moms retiring in a year and I have to get her out of the great white north. Insted of a 1350 mile trip home she'll be 1350 feet down the drive way!!! Good luck with it and like I said give us a call if you have questions.
Mike & Kristina