PDA

View Full Version : bow steer

havasu boat builder
02-17-2002, 03:23 PM
does anyone own a lavey 23 tunnel? I Just curious about the handling.......mine seems to porpoise at low speed unless you tuck all the in and then it bow steers like a big dog..........have bennet tabs......help a little.......once the boat gets over 40(as long as I trim up the prob lessens) but is still scary with quatering water...............any thoughts.........drive height, bottom ? The boat is a 92 running about 575 hp.......anyone with this boat have same probs?

Tinkerboater
02-17-2002, 06:00 PM
From what I have seen and heard is that most all cats porpose at low speed.

cougar27mtr
02-18-2002, 08:29 AM
Tinker... Not all tunnels porpoise I have a 27 mtr and at no speeds does it begin to propoise.. I know that most smaller tunnels tend to porpoise... just my .02
27mtr

HBjet
02-18-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by havasu boat builder:
does anyone own a lavey 23 tunnel? I Just curious about the handling.......mine seems to porpoise at low speed unless you tuck all the in and then it bow steers like a big dog..........have bennet tabs......help a little.......once the boat gets over 40(as long as I trim up the prob lessens) but is still scary with quatering water...............any thoughts.........drive height, bottom ? The boat is a 92 running about 575 hp.......anyone with this boat have same probs?
HBB, I have a question for you, if your a boat builder in Havasu, why are you driving a Lavey? Nothing wrong with that, I would just think you would drive one of your own thats all.
HBjet

Doug The Jeweler
02-18-2002, 10:37 AM
Lets stir up some more shit HB Jet.It's your duty.right.I for one am tired of jungle drums.This is the way it starts

HBjet
02-18-2002, 11:01 AM
DTJ, I'm just asking a question. Relax. Wouldn't you wonder if say Bob Leach was driving an Ultra Shadow instead of a Daytona? I know he doesn't I'm just asking. HBB may build boats that are not performance boats, they could be water bikes for all I care. I was just wondering that is all.
HBjet

RiverToysJas
02-18-2002, 11:09 AM
What years did Lavey make a 23' tunnel? Is it a cat style or is it a Mod VP, like the Sebring they've been offer for years? I thought the Sabre was their first cat. Since they've been around the 60s, there's much I don't know about them. I'm just not familier with your hull. NOT starting shit, that's HB's job - J/K (HB has a good point too).
RTJas http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Doug The Jeweler
02-18-2002, 11:50 AM
RIGHT.............
Originally posted by HBjet:
DTJ, I'm just asking a question. Relax. Wouldn't you wonder if say Bob Leach was driving an Ultra Shadow instead of a Daytona? I know he doesn't I'm just asking. HBB may build boats that are not performance boats, they could be water bikes for all I care. I was just wondering that is all.
HBjet

playdeep
02-18-2002, 07:42 PM
hbjet,regarding hbb in a lavey,from what I understand Wayne Miner part owner of Group1 marine (conquest) has a 26 daytona being built.He recently sold his 28 daytona to a friend of mine.I bet advantage isnt thrilled w/an employee floating in somthing else.maybe they dont care.

sofaking
02-19-2002, 08:46 AM
Wayne's is a 30 Daytona with twin 575's and the new Merc ITS drives.