PDA

View Full Version : Low head oil volume

wannabe
06-27-2006, 05:35 PM
I have a '91 gen V BBC and I am getting a very low volume of oil up to the heads, anyone seen this before.
I, as well as, my machinist are stumped. I am heading out right now, will post more infor later, just wanted to get it on the board!!
Thanks

FASTRAT
06-29-2006, 01:18 PM
I have a '91 gen V BBC and I am getting a very low volume of oil up to the heads, anyone seen this before.
I, as well as, my machinist are stumped. I am heading out right now, will post more infor later, just wanted to get it on the board!!
Thanks
a possibility could be: a low volume pump or a dirty p/u screen on the pump...just my .02 cents
fastrat

wannabe
07-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Thanks fastrat, after much deliberation it turned out to be a shit oil pump. I thought I was doing good by getting Morosos "blue printed" piece-o-shit, changed the pump and had tons-o-oil.
Got 528hp @ 5300 and 555 ft/lbs at 4600, even with my low 8.5:1 comp!!
Iron Eagle heads
Dart manifold
Just an FYI to all, I was VERY impressed with the stock cast quality and fit of the Dart heads and manifold!!! Looked and work very nice.
Thanks for the reply Fastrat

77 Hawaiian
07-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Which pump did you replace it with?
Just curious. I was under the assumption Moroso made top notch stuff.

wannabe
07-08-2006, 08:27 PM
So was I!!! That's why I went with them. I went with the old standard high volume Melling, worked like a charm.