PDA

View Full Version : NJBA /BUSBY ........... 40 Boats????????

Klass Klown
06-27-2006, 08:43 PM
WTF...... Who is this Klown running NJBA
>45 Boats at the June race
>NJBA scheduling races on the same dates as all other organizations
>All the NJBA board members pissed of at their president
>1 round of qualifying on SAT. due to Busby making the decision on his OWN to call the race at 4:30.
Simply running the sport into the GROUND!

lil man wayne
06-27-2006, 08:51 PM
>1 round of qualifying on SAT. due to Busby making the decision on his OWN to call the race at 4:30.
You know Klass i agree with you here.I was there to see some racing ended up leavin early on saturday.Kinda like the circus

pce680
06-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Don't blame Mr Busby.

cyclone
06-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Maybe you should do a little FACT CHECKING before trying to be an internet tough guy. You haven't got a clue what you are talking about and if you truly were worried about the NJBA you'd call or email the president instead of starting a stupid thread about him.
dumbass. :rolleyes:

sdpm
06-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Brian, don't even answer this meathead! It's not worth your time and he's not worth the board space.

BUSBY
06-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Brian, don't even answer this meathead! It's not worth your time and he's not worth the board space.
I know ... obviously, he nor little man were educated on what was really going on.
Again, guys with nothing better to do ... maybe they'll volunteer to make it better since they have the time?

Klass Klown
06-28-2006, 05:50 PM
The boat count speaks for itself. Numbers don't lie.
When ALL the board members are talking shit as well, you know theres problems.

cyclone
06-28-2006, 06:28 PM
And once again you are talking out your ass. All of board members are not talking shit.
you've got a board member right here telling you.
i just love armchair quarterbacks. If you think the NJBA is so messed up why don't you volunteer some of your time just like the rest of the good people who do already? Oh wait, is it because you're too busy complaining? :rolleyes:

Boss.Hogg
06-28-2006, 06:33 PM
The boat count speaks for itself. Numbers don't lie.
When ALL the board members are talking shit as well, you know theres problems.
isn't cyclone a board member? dosen't seem like he's talking shit.
how do you know so much about who was saying what?
sounds to me like you've got issues.
if you live in Virginia, why do you care anyways?

Boss.Hogg
06-28-2006, 06:36 PM
And once again you are talking out your ass. All of board members are not talking shit.
you've got a board member right here telling you.
i just love armchair quarterbacks. If you think the NJBA is so messed up why don't you volunteer some of your time just like the rest of the good people who do already? Oh wait, is it because you're too busy complaining? :rolleyes:
I thought you were
thanks for the verifying that

moneysucker
06-28-2006, 08:02 PM
I was there down from Sac. with a team who spent a lot to get there and despite the delay on Sat, and the horrible heat, everyone had a great time and accomplished what we came for to get everything in order on the boat and get some testing time in. As far as the choice to call the race, the Ambulances are only booked for a set # of hours per day as well as the security detail. I think the organization has come a long way in the past couple years. The dedication to Jay Wallace was a great thing to do on the part of IHBA and to come out and bash someone who helped to put this together to honor him and his family as well as to give us a place to race at all is just chicken $#it. Say what you want but there are quite a few boaters/ racers that appreciate the NJBA and what they are doing to revive a previously dying sport who's prime was when the boats participating were new.

flat broke
06-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Off Topic, but Busby, did you get my PM?

Klass Klown
06-28-2006, 09:03 PM
I think the organization has come a long way in the past couple years. Say what you want but there are a few boaters/ racers that appreciate the NJBA and what they are doing to revive a previously dying sport who's prime was when the boats participating were new.
What has Mr. Busby done for the sport?
Since his arrival, complaints are up, the boat count is steadily dropping, the prices are steadily increasing, and NJBA is slowly dying. Thank GOD for CDBA.
Once again, numbers do not lie!

bp
06-29-2006, 05:33 AM
Since his arrival, complaints are up, the boat count is steadily dropping, the prices are steadily increasing, and NJBA is slowly dying. Thank GOD for CDBA.
done for the sport?? what makes you think that's his responsibility?? he's only been pres since, like, february?? so what's one guy supposed to do, solve world hunger?? since then, there hasn't been any price increases, and the boat count for march, april and may was just fine to sustain njba, and racing at ming. if you knew anything at all, you'd know that the june race is historically a lower in count than other dates.
cdba is a also a good club that does a lot of good things, especially if you live in oregon or washington.
i haven't heard any complaints at all. what's your complaint? with the elimination of the no sandbagging rule, there's nothing to complain about... membership votes, and the board runs the club, not one guy.. get a clue.

cyclone
06-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Dear Klown,
Since you seem to be on a quest for knowledge please allow me to enlighten you on a few things. First, the NJBA is a non-profit organization staffed by a group of dedicated and hard working VOLUNTEERS, including Brian Busby.
Second-While you are at home thinking about what to do your boat before the next race, these VOLUNTEERS take valuable time out of their lives to meet late at night and work to put together the next race. They recieve no paycheck for doing so. What they do get is the satisfaction of keeping this sport going in our part of the state and of course, they get to hear people bitch and moan if they don't think things are going their way.
Third-The board makes decisions as a group with a voting process. Brian Busby does not arbitrarily make decisions on his own-the board does.
Fourth- Brian has personally given up more of his free time to the NJBA than any single person i can think of.
Fifth- The boat count at the June race is no reflection on Brian's short time in the president's role.
So the next time you feel like taking a shot at him or any other board member you better get your facts straight or at the very least join the board and volunteer some of your own time. Without VOLUNTEERS like him there wouldnt be an NJBA anymore to race with.
Oh that's right you dont even live near or race with the NJBA.... :rolleyes:

BUSBY
06-29-2006, 09:31 AM
I'm not going to get all worked up by this clown. he hasn't a clue of what is for real.
For all of those looking from the outside, as Mike & Bob have said ... I do not make changes "by myself" ...
As far as this past Saturday goes ... we didn't get the boats started in qualifying until 1pm or so due to the heat (112 degrees) and it causing computer problems with the lights. As we finished the first round, it was after 4pm ... what time do we normally finish racing on Saturday? About 4pm ...
Two things need to be said about continuing racing on Saturday, 1) we didn't have enough time in the day to finish a full second round of qualifying, it would have run at least another 3 hours ... which takes me to my second point ... all of the volunteers and paid workers had been in the heat from 8am working the event regardless of passes or not. I wanted to get them out of the heat. I called a board meeting at the trailer at 1pm about the lights when they came up and it was decided then that there was only going to be one round of qualifying ... not by me alone ... bu by informed board members that were present.
As far as me doing something for the sport ... whatever. These guys don't know me or what I do, that's obvious from their ignorant/uneducated posts. They speak of what other orgs. (CDBA & IHBA) are doing and how they are better ... I guess I should stop making and/or taking calls from Charlie Fegan about how to make it better for the dual club racers.
If they would read other threads, they would know that the NJBA requests dates away from the known IHBA dates, but Kern County sets the availble dates of the lake and lets NJBA rent the lake on the dates they say, not us.
At the IHBA World Finals, I was in the tower with Charlie going over the dates we (NJBA Board Members) had already set for 2006, there were no overlapping dates ... Kern County changed the available dates and that was that ... how is this my fault?
As I said, I am not going to get all worked up ... I didn't nominate myself or vote myself into this position. Members of NJBA did. I realize that I will get guys that will gripe if it isn't perfect ... whatever.
I can remember boat counts of over 200 in the 80's & early 90's ... so that must be my fault too ...

bp
06-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Fourth- Brian has personally given up more of his free time to the NJBA than any single person i can think of.
not taking anything away from what brian has given to the club, but you must not have known randy johnson. i'd just say that -anyone- agreeing to take on this position is gonna have his hands full.. no time is free.

cyclone
06-29-2006, 12:13 PM
not taking anything away from what brian has given to the club, but you must not have known randy johnson. i'd just say that -anyone- agreeing to take on this position is gonna have his hands full.. no time is free.
Bob i'm not sure what that has to do with good ol' Flyte Risk taking cheap shots at Brian but like i said, he's put in more time than anyone i can think of. I never knew Randy.
oops did i say Flyte Risk out loud?

FLYTE RISK
06-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Bob i'm not sure what that has to do with good ol' Flyte Risk taking cheap shots at Brian but like i said, he's put in more time than anyone i can think of. I never knew Randy.
Listen up Cyclone I know Bob P. Get your facts straight this is the internet and keep your Assumptions to your self as you could not be further from the truth. If you have a problem with me call me(925)525-0569 I run down there maybe once a year so why would I give a F%^K except it is one of the last places to race.. :idea:

bp
06-29-2006, 06:19 PM
i have no idea what you're talking about in your lead in. as you say, your knowledge of the people that preceded brian, and the time they gave, doesn't really exist. brian knew the deal when he jumped in, and he's given it what he's got to give. not bashing or defending, just stating an observation.
on the other hand, i know people take cheap shots at charlie fagan all the time, so from that perspective, and as far as i'm concerned, brian's in good company.
i'm just a racer, all the rest is bs :crossx: .

cyclone
06-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Listen up Cyclone I know Bob P. Get your facts straight this is the internet and keep your Assumptions to your self as you could not be further from the truth. If you have a problem with me call me(925)525-0569 I run down there maybe once a year so why would I give a F%^K except it is one of the last places to race.. :idea:
It wasn't an assumption and Bob has nothing to do with it. I was told you were this Klass Klown character. I would hope you don't have two screen names or would take cheap shots at Brian or anyone else that volunteers their time so others can race. If you say that's not the case then that's good enough for me. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

FLYTE RISK
06-29-2006, 07:40 PM
It wasn't an assumption and Bob has nothing to do with it. I was told you were this Klass Klown character. I would hope you don't have two screen names or would take cheap shots at Brian or anyone else that volunteers their time so others can race. If you say that's not the case then that's good enough for me. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I was always taught dont beleive anything you hear and half of what you see. Maybe just Maybe the person you heard that from is KK.. :boxed:

BUSBY
06-29-2006, 07:44 PM
I was the one who received a call this afternoon telling me that you were Mr. Klown, I mentioned it to Mike when I saw him at my shop ... nothing to hide here ... and I don't want Mike to get the rep of making up crap.
I got a call from someone who said it was you, if it's not, don't worry about it ... as I said, I'm not getting all worked up about the clown and his cheap shots ...
Maybe the person who called was misinformed, it's all internet BS anyways ...

BUSBY
06-29-2006, 08:01 PM
i have no idea what you're talking about in your lead in. as you say, your knowledge of the people that preceded brian, and the time they gave, doesn't really exist. brian knew the deal when he jumped in, and he's given it what he's got to give. not bashing or defending, just stating an observation.
on the other hand, i know people take cheap shots at charlie fagan all the time, so from that perspective, and as far as i'm concerned, brian's in good company.
i'm just a racer, all the rest is bs :crossx: .
Thanks Bob ... and you're right ... Randy was a stand up guy and did a ton for NJBA before we lost him. He was one of my best friends and I still miss him.
I did pick up the slack when we lost him and it's been hard filling his shoes.
I understand your not taking sides ... and you're right, I knew I was painting a target on my back when I accepted the role ... so I take the good with the bad.
Funny how I hear a lot more positives than negatives though. (racers getting paid their win money EVERY race for the past 2 years instead of no money at all, Winners receiving more win money than in the past 5 years, no more sandbagging rule, High Points Runner Up Jackets for the past 2 years, High Points Champs being paid for the past 2 years, River Racers and Exhibition racers getting more and more passes to fill time, the river racers program in general, getting Rescue 2 fixed when it was in a major accident within 2 weeks without the members even noticing ...)
I could keep going on and on about the things that I'm involved in behind the scenes, but it's a joint effort from all of the board members and some who aren't as well ... Like you BP ... teching boats on Friday's ... shoot, it used to be a luxury for us racers to get it done on Friday's ... now guys are complaining if it's not done.
Thanks to all of the volunteers, Board Members and anyone else who helps out ... don't worry about this thread ... it's no big deal.