PDA

View Full Version : SELL OR KEEP THE DCB!!!

Mach 22 Racer
08-27-2002, 06:32 PM
I'm thinking about selling my 22. The guys on the lower river are asses and don't care about any one else. I can't run the boat like it should be ran. I live in San Diego and towing to mohave evry weekend is harsh. I've been to Havasu but the boats are getting bigger and bigger. So I don't know what to do.

DogHouse
08-27-2002, 06:49 PM
Hmmm, just curious, what exactly makes them "asses"? I guess I always figure it's my responsibility to find some open water when I want to run hard. On the size issue, I just went from a 23 tunnel to a 28 cat (really a 26 with a swim step) and the difference in ride quality in rough water is night and day.
-brian

24RODjr
08-27-2002, 10:46 PM
Doggie Dog,
I bet...how much bigger is the cat than the tunnel? (weight wise)
I agree...it is always the runners responsibility to find the good open water.
Don't playa hate the wakeboarders and the bigassboats....PWC's now that's a different story...you can call them asses all day long, and twice on sunday!

jack14r
08-28-2002, 04:11 AM
I have a DCB MACH 22 and a LAVEYCRAFT 27 SABER the difference is huge in rough water. The Lavey will feel comfortable at 100+ in rollers from 24-30 foot boats.I do not think it is brand related,just size.

TOBTEK
08-28-2002, 07:35 AM
Mach 22 Racer:
I'm thinking about selling my 22. The guys on the lower river are asses and don't care about any one else. I can't run the boat like it should be ran. I live in San Diego and towing to mohave evry weekend is harsh. I've been to Havasu but the boats are getting bigger and bigger. So I don't know what to do.give us the scoop on your boat! what year, hours, colors, options, price, ect. Some of us on this board (like ME) are in the process of getting new boats wink

DogHouse
08-28-2002, 09:14 AM
24Jr, I think the open bow Magic is about 4000lbs, give or take a case in the cooler! The 23 tunnel was about 2800lbs. The cat has much deeper tunnels and a nice V center pod to help smooth things out.
Jack14r, lucky you!!! Nice combo ya got there, nasty 22 for flat water drags and the bigger 27 for lake cruisin'. Of course now you constantly have to solve the dilema of which boat to play with this weekend!
-brian

WaltersCamp
08-28-2002, 10:47 AM
Mach 22 Racer:
I'm thinking about selling my 22. The guys on the lower river are asses and don't care about any one else. I can't run the boat like it should be ran. I live in San Diego and towing to mohave evry weekend is harsh. I've been to Havasu but the boats are getting bigger and bigger. So I don't know what to do.Sell it and get a 26'...That's what I want.

25Elmn8r
08-28-2002, 12:07 PM
I just went up to the 25 Daytona and love it. The bigger boat handles the big stuff on the lake without a problem. :D

mbrown2
08-28-2002, 01:21 PM
I wanted the 22 for a long time and went to DCB on Saturday to look at the grey one, and was talking to the guy in Idaho with the pretty blue one, but have heard from pretty much everyone that I would be upgrading to the 26 in a couple of years to get a better rough water ride...with that said, I skipped a step and I am closing a deal on a (Kab's) 2002 Mach 26...with the deal pretty much done, I am hoping to take delivery in Parker on Friday...I am stoked..

Mach 22 Racer
08-28-2002, 06:22 PM
It's a 98 DCB Mach 22. It has twin 300 offshore racing motors on it with 180.7 hours on it. It is yellow and grey with black outlining. I have found other places but San Vicente has a speed limit, Havasu has too big of boats and wakes, can't keep going to Mohave every weekend, and I can't go out to the bay. Not the wakeboarders its the DAMNED sea doos. Sorry all you guys who ride responsibly but the 13 and 14 year olds on them going full thottle out of a back water scares me. If I hit them it will be totally my fault. I've gone upper river but it's hard to keep an eye on the sand bars at 80+. Sorry if I sound like a winer. I'm not trying to. I want the 26 bad. I just don't want to buy one and then want the 29 he is suppose to be building. Thanks all for you opinoins.

TOBTEK
08-28-2002, 06:36 PM
Mach 22 Racer:
It's a 98 DCB Mach 22. It has twin 300 offshore racing motors on it with 180.7 hours on it. It is yellow and grey with black outlining. I have found other places but San Vicente has a speed limit, Havasu has too big of boats and wakes, can't keep going to Mohave every weekend, and I can't go out to the bay. Not the wakeboarders its the DAMNED sea doos. Sorry all you guys who ride responsibly but the 13 and 14 year olds on them going full thottle out of a back water scares me. If I hit them it will be
totally my fault. I've gone upper river but it's hard to keep an eye on the sand bars at 80+. Sorry if I sound like a winer. I'm not trying to. I want the 26 bad. I just don't want to buy one and then want the 29 he is suppose to be building. Thanks all for you opinoins.its to bad that you and KAB didnt talk a few weeks ago, he just traded a 26 for a 22 twin twin drag motors! Could have been a good trade! I think ive seen your boat for sale online. you shouldnt have a problem getting a 26, theres a few around socal for sale.....

TOBTEK
08-30-2002, 07:28 AM
M-RACER.....curious on what you are asking for your boat? I have a new 2003 on order, maybe if you make me a deal I can kick KAB's butt! You two have the same set-up's :D
email my private if you dont want to talk about $ here in the open....

chad
08-30-2002, 03:11 PM
Why would you sell the twins? After having one for awhile and seeing the performance that these boats are capable of, what else could you get to match that kind of performance especially if you have twin drags? I know as for myself there is nothing like putting a small set of props on and feeling the near violent acceleration a 22 w/twins is capable of. Keep it.It's a no brainer.

Boatmaster
08-30-2002, 04:40 PM
I just sold a 21 Daytona with twin pumped 2.5s with 26et props, and bought a 25 DCB Daytona with twin 300 pro maxs. Love my new 25, but could not agree more with the fact that you will miss that thrill of your small boat. The 25 is a PIG compaired to my old 21.

TOBTEK
08-30-2002, 04:54 PM
Boatmaster:
I just sold a 21 Daytona with twin pumped 2.5s with 26et props, and bought a 25 DCB Daytona with twin 300 pro maxs. Love my new 25, but could not agree more with the fact that you will miss that thrill of your small boat. The 25 is a PIG compaired to my old 21.Say it isn't so drew. Your new 25 is badass! what kind of speeds have you seen this far? Im sure its waaaay more stable at speed....