PDA

View Full Version : July 4th in Oklahoma

SmokinLowriderSS
06-28-2006, 12:49 AM
Lowrider and friends will be relaxing the holliday weekend on Grand Lake of the Cherokees up N of Tulsa. Anyone is sure welcome to stop in. :) We will be staying at Bernice State Park just accross the brige from Indian Hills Resort (and Bernice).
Among all the fun going to go to both fireworks shows in the area, on Duck Creek Sat and at Grove Monday.
Everyone have a great weekend.

kcvega
06-28-2006, 02:41 PM
I should be at dripping springs Saturday. You guys make it down there?

SmokinLowriderSS
06-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Just discovered D.S. last week searching for hangouts on Grand. Planning on coming in Sat, at least after an early dinner to kill a few hrs before the fireworks on Duck Creek.
Can't miss us, 18'6" of low-slung red and silver sparkles, silver interior, US flag atop the radio antennae, loping, headered, Big Block Chevy under the hood. I'll look for ya to say Hi. :)

kcvega
06-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Cool. You shouldn't be hard to miss. Don't see too many like that in dripping. This will be our first time there in out boat.

SmokinLowriderSS
06-29-2006, 05:54 PM
That's a nice looking boat you have as well. :) Lowrider used to be my dad's but I venture her out to a lot of places dad would never take her, like across all that rough stuff to get to Dripping Springs or Duck Creek, and out in the dark on occasion as well.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Sorry we missed ya kcvega. The afternoon just got too busy and we had no time to get to D.S. early. Just made it to Duck Springs amid the 8:30 arrival flotilla (4-foot+ seas in the entrance and all), found a nice place to tie on to some nice peeps and enjoyed a great show (as usual).

Seadog
07-05-2006, 05:28 AM
Nice seeing you this weekend. Did you get the see the Horse Creek fireworks? We enjoyed watching from my aunt's place, but it wasn't the same as being at the lost bridge.

kcvega
07-05-2006, 05:44 AM
It's cool. We got to dripping early and tied up right by the cliff. Then we ran up to Shangrila and back to Duck Creek for the show. I'll bet that was a hell of a ride.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Yea, it was, especially at the entrance to Duck Creek, amid the 4' seas :yuk: . We only brought water over the bow light and windshield twice trying to make the corner amid traffic, (twice in under 2 minuites :rollside: ). No real problems tho. Lowrider does have enough freeboard and drive muscle that it doesn't give her too many fits. The nerve wracking part is LEAVING amid the 25+footers in the dark later. Standing orders then on her are "Sit back, shut up and enjoy the ride unless you see we are about to hit someone/thing. I'm f-ing busy. Leave me alone."
Seadog, we anchored about 50 yards S of the bridge, near the west end of it, about 100 yds from shore. It was a good show. :) Almost as good were the 2 idiots who thought that they could just blow thru the area to the N side of it, just at twilight, on plane, thru all the anchored boats, over near the beach. I believe GRDA corrected their state of missinformation on that tho, under some very pretty blue & red blinky-lighting. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

cfrancis
07-06-2006, 05:34 AM
Ok. Smokin Lowrider you have to get ready to show up at the Taylor event on Lake Ouachita............
You missed Broken Bow and it wasn't the same without you and your road kill stew.
Your boat is running now so there is no excuse...........
See you there............................................. ..............................

Seadog
07-06-2006, 07:43 AM
We noted the activity with the Lake Patrol. They have no tolerance for stupidity at events like this. Considering how crowded it gets and the number of people that are in the water to cool off, it is a good thing. The only real problems I had, were a tree that blocked my view of the low level displays and the lake patrol chopper parking his buns over our screen house.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Ok. Smokin Lowrider you have to get ready to show up at the Taylor event on Lake Ouachita............
You missed Broken Bow and it wasn't the same without you and your road kill stew.
Your boat is running now so there is no excuse...........
See you there............................................. ..............................
Gonna do everything in my power to be there. She's running well, although I have to check out the jetting better, it looks like my 3-size jump for the headers was pretty darn close. None of the other engine changes have happened (budget broke) but we are happy how she runs.