PDA

View Full Version : Carrera's New 29' Cat

BoatFloating
07-15-2003, 02:59 PM
Carrera is back with a new ride. The 290 Effect X. I took some pic's today of Dennis Winzen's boat. It will be ready to drive in about 3 weeks. Once it's done, I'll try and get more pictures. The power package is going to be a little different. Should be a sweet ride.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/372DSC01142-med.JPG
Ghost stars
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/372DSC01149-med.JPG
Open Bow
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/372DSC01141-med.JPG
Another finshed 290X
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/372DSC01167-med.JPG
The first one they built did 75mph with a HP 500. Blosdale just put a 1000 HP in another one, so you should start seeing them in Havasu soon!

mbrown2
07-15-2003, 03:21 PM
Looks good....the finished one has some nice graphics on it...The rear graphics look like a variation of some of the new Eliminator grafx which I like a lot.

Skullinator
07-15-2003, 03:22 PM
Boatfloatin: is this what your getting next because if so i got a speacial 3 blade prop for you to do some testing with
Sure looks like a force !!! or should i say a force looks like it.

roln 20s
07-15-2003, 03:30 PM
The deck looks nothing like a Force, but I can see what you are saying.
Here is the first one that I saw at the Phx boat show in February. It looked alright. It reminded me of the 29 force that was yellow and blue with similar graphics at the LA show a couple years ago. But none the less, a nice looking cat.
http://extremeboatsmag.com/photos/data/530/1phx_show_carrera.jpg
I like both of those your pictured--love to see the one in production done!\\Roln 20s

BoatFloating
07-15-2003, 03:31 PM
Skullinator:
Boatfloatin: is this what your getting next because if so i got a speacial 3 blade prop for you to do some testing with
Sure looks like a force !!! or should i say a force looks like it. This could be it.... The 3 blade prop might work for me, I like to go in circles and vibrate.
Wow! I didn't think the Force looked like the Carrera :D wink :D There is one difference the top.....

hboldno7
07-15-2003, 03:34 PM
BoatFloating:
Skullinator:
Sure looks like a force !!! or should i say a force looks like it. This could be it.... The 3 blade prop might work for me, I like to go in circles and vibrate.
Wow! I didn't think the Force looked like the Carrera :D wink :D There is one difference the top..... From what I understand, the only differance is the top.

Skullinator
07-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Boatfloting: forgot the 3 blade (was a 4 blade bravo but one decided to leave like a tree going 80MPH for no reason)has a top speed of 4 MPH and mixes drinks a 5 mph.

BoatFloating
07-15-2003, 03:42 PM
roln 20s:
The deck looks nothing like a Force, but I can see what you are saying.
Here is the first one that I saw at the Phx boat show in February. It looked alright. It reminded me of the 29 force that was yellow and blue with similar graphics at the LA show a couple years ago. But none the less, a nice looking cat.
http://extremeboatsmag.com/photos/data/530/1phx_show_carrera.jpg
I like both of those your pictured--love to see the one in production done!\\Roln 20s Roln, that picture that you have is of the first one they made and I've seen that one finshed and it sure lacked some things. They rushed to get it done for show and you should never rush the first one. The picture of the finshed one above I took was 10x better than the one you saw. It was a lot cleaner fit and finsh by far. I was very happy with it and think that is the direction I'm heading. I'll post the finsh product of the one being rigged when it's done, it should be sweet.

BoatFloating
07-15-2003, 03:48 PM
hboldno7:
BoatFloating:
Skullinator:
Wow! I didn't think the Force looked like the Carrera :D wink :D There is one difference the top..... From what I understand, the only differance is the top. You got it...... The Carrera 257 EffectX = Force 29 = The 290 EffectX. Carrera tooled the top on their bottom, it is taller and different lines.
[ July 15, 2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: BoatFloating ]

07-15-2003, 07:46 PM
ok rocky who is that 29 with my graphics, the
purple and green flames, tell dennis and rick
i have a patent on that, maybe if the guy gives
me some beers i will let him slide on the patent
and i dont mean coors (the bunny water) e mail
me i want to know what your buying later

Sandbar Mike
07-16-2003, 06:34 AM
Boatfloating whats up bro, It does look like the top deck may be a little taller than the Force. If it is truely the same bottum at least you'll see decent speeds out of it likeley to the Force.
Don't ask me why but my buddy is dragging me down to aftershock with him to work a deal on the 27 Violator Cat, he cant beat the price. Does Carrera have a different shop or do they share the same shop with the aftershock lines?
Hopefully the 29 Carrera will be there so I can take a close look at that bottum -007- style. :D

Reaper1
07-16-2003, 07:15 AM
Boatsellin, I like it! Get one with a Carson motor and go pick on your friends. :D

BADBLOWN572
07-16-2003, 08:20 AM
I have had the opportunity to drive the first Carrera 29 out of the mold and I was extremely impressed. The boat accelerated great and it felt extremely stable at speeds. I was also very impressed with the turning ability of the boat. I am seriously condsidering getting the Carrera 29' with twin small blocks. If anyone is interested they will have one of the 29 Effects out at Elsinore this Saturday for Carrera demo days.

BoatFloating
07-16-2003, 10:46 AM
Sandbar Mike:
Boatfloating whats up bro, It does look like the top deck may be a little taller than the Force. If it is truely the same bottum at least you'll see decent speeds out of it likeley to the Force.
Don't ask me why but my buddy is dragging me down to aftershock with him to work a deal on the 27 Violator Cat, he cant beat the price. Does Carrera have a different shop or do they share the same shop with the aftershock lines?
Hopefully the 29 Carrera will be there so I can take a close look at that bottum -007- style. :D Mike, same shop, the green and purple one should be there if you go down there in next week or so. The boat is there to get a 500HP put in. When you are there look at the bottom, you will see they are exactly the same. The deck is completely different, because it's taller and diferent lines. The Carrera 29 closed deck has 2 love seats and then 2 bed mats in front of that. By the way your boat came out very nice and glad to hear it's running some good speeds. Did you go the Force motor or was it a outside builder?
Nothing personel against your friend, but why the Violator? I guess if you go some mild colors then they look ok, but the colors I've seen on the few I've seen make me cringe. I know they are giving them away cheap and that might not be a bad reason to get one. I was at factory for first time this week and I was pretty impressed in the work they are doing, everything is in house from layup to interior. I was concerned that the quality wouldn't be there, but I was happy to see they do some pretty cool work.
By the way my boat will be at demo days this Saturday @ Smellsinore if anyone is intrested in taking it for a spin, I'll be in Havasu though on my buddies boat. Here is link for sale 257 party Effect 4 Sale (http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000989)

BADBLOWN572
07-16-2003, 11:23 AM
My 257 will be there too if anyone is interested. IT IS FOR SALE!!!

hboldno7
07-16-2003, 11:49 AM
BADBLOWN572:
My 257 will be there too if anyone is interested. IT IS FOR SALE!!! Will you take payments? pig_flyi Better yet, can I work it off in trade? Ill wash your truck and Mow you lawn for the rest of my life. J/k :D What time will you be out at elsinore? Cory and i are planning on rolling out.

Sandbar Mike
07-16-2003, 12:15 PM
QUOTE]Mike, same shop, the green and purple one should be there if you go down there in next week or so. The boat is there to get a 500HP put in. When you are there look at the bottom, you will see they are exactly the same. The deck is completely different, because it's taller and diferent lines. The Carrera 29 closed deck has 2 love seats and then 2 bed mats in front of that. By the way your boat came out very nice and glad to hear it's running some good speeds. Did you go the Force motor or was it a outside builder?
Nothing personel against your friend, but why the Violator? I guess if you go some mild colors then they look ok, but the colors I've seen on the few I've seen make me cringe. I know they are giving them away cheap and that might not be a bad reason to get one. I was at factory for first time this week and I was pretty impressed in the work they are doing, everything is in house from layup to interior. I was concerned that the quality wouldn't be there, but I was happy to see they do some pretty cool work.
By the way my boat will be at demo days this Saturday @ Smellsinore if anyone is intrested in taking it for a spin, I'll be in Havasu though on my buddies boat. Here is link for sale 257 party Effect 4 Sale (http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000989) [/QB][/QUOTE]
BF thanks for the Compliment, we love our ride. I ended up with the B.R.E 540 which honestly I am completely satisfied with, not a hick-up, they offer a one year full warranty.
Dude no offense taken on the 27 Violator, I think Aftershock sells there violators to Water Rod too.
I personelly just don't like the ugly design, my buddies intent is to get rid of his 21 ultra back beater and get into something that will handle the havasu chop better for your money. I'm glad to here they are well built I'll pass on the info.
I'm excited to see that 29 bottum,
Thanks for all the info
Mike

BADBLOWN572
07-16-2003, 01:00 PM
I am going to pick up the boat at around 7:00 to be out at the lake about 8:00. I need to test the boat before any demo rides. First time I have ever tried a bravo. Hope it lasts the day! Any time you want to come out should be fine. I think that it is an all day thing.

BoatFloating
07-16-2003, 04:39 PM
The offical start time of demo days is 10am - 4pm on Sat the 19th.
[ July 16, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: BoatFloating ]

Ivan Dan
07-17-2003, 12:12 PM
What manufacturers will be there at Demo Days? Anyone know who else besides Carerra?
www.DanKaatz.com (http://www.DanKaatz.com)

hboldno7
07-17-2003, 12:15 PM
Ivan Dan:
What manufacturers will be there at Demo Days? Anyone know who else besides Carerra?
www.DanKaatz.com (http://www.DanKaatz.com) Cararra and Aftershock

Daytona19
07-19-2003, 07:56 PM
nice looking cat.

Three Days Only
07-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Two things in life you can't get rid of - AIDS & a BAYLINER.
THAT IS CLASSIC. ONE TO REMEMBER FOREVER