PDA

View Full Version : AZRepublic article on Havasu "crackdown"???

PHX ATC
06-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Article (http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0628az-havasu-crackdown28-ON.html)
Paste:
Crackdown in store for rowdy partiers at Lake Havasu
Associated Press
Jun. 28, 2006 12:58 PM
LAKE HAVASU CITY - Boaters who like to whoop it up in the channel at Lake Havasu City will have to tone it down or face jail and fines under a new city ordinance.
The City Council approved wording on the ordinance cracking down on heavy drinking, loud, disruptive or violent behavior at a meeting Tuesday. They also directed the city attorney to draw up other ordinances forcing boats to moor farther apart and reinforcing a state law that bans riding on boat bows.
The channel at Lake Havasu City becomes jammed on holiday weekends, and police sought the beefed-up laws to help them control crowds that sometimes become unruly. The boat passenger rule, for instance, was sought because of scantily clad women who dance on boats, inciting crowds. advertisement
A final vote on the new ordinance, which covers not only the boat channel but the entire city, could come at the next City Council meeting.
Public comment before the unanimous vote on the ordinance's wording was mixed, with some urging the Council to "legislate morality" and pass the restrictions, while others scoffed at them as people who had "had their fun" and forgotten what it was like to be young.
If approved, violating the ordinance would be a misdemeanor with a maximum $2,500 fine and up to six months in jail.

Not So Fast
06-29-2006, 06:27 AM
Beautiful, I love it!!!!!!!!! :) NSF

Ziggy
06-29-2006, 06:31 AM
Exactly, MTV may not have created all the problems in Havasu but they certainly contributed to the wilder holiday barrage of tourists that think its ok to act this way all the time, anywhere...........

catman-do
06-29-2006, 08:05 AM
In most cases its not the "boaters", its the boat b1tches that come with the boaters. Ill tell the city council what they should ban, these steroid freeks that come out all juiced up giving everyone toughguy stares and starting fights. Im over seeing those dudes, besides most are just weight lifters that could fight if their life depended on it.

riverracerx
06-29-2006, 08:11 AM
I will be riding on the bow of my boat in my speedo. Look for me!
http://www.strangesports.com/images/content/112336.jpg
My girlfriend will be with me too.
http://poplicks.com/images/lohan-skinny.jpg

jbtrailerjim
06-29-2006, 08:16 AM
In most cases its not the "boaters", its the boat b1tches that come with the boaters. Ill tell the city council what they should ban, these steroid freeks that come out all juiced up giving everyone toughguy stares and starting fights. Im over seeing those dudes, besides most are just weight lifters that could fight if their life depended on it.
It does not matter if it is somebodys "Boat Bitches" or not. If they are on the boat, it's the boat operator/owner responsibility to make sure the passengers don't act like an idiot.
I know if had somebody on my boat that was acting like an idiot, they would asked to tone it down or they would off my boat.

HavasuSelect
06-29-2006, 08:24 AM
Thats pretty funny. You're right on. I'm tired of those tough guys too. That whole bro hoe thing is kinda lame.

havasu5150
06-29-2006, 08:29 AM
They have already cracked down. I was there on Fathers day in the channel late in the day. The PoPo were pulling boaters and pwc's to the side of the channel (randomly it appeared) checked all of the paperwork and each and every driver got a FST and had to blow in the tube. Watched three guys get hooked up. The last one got pulled in beacause his "boat bitch" was dancing in the boat.. Fully clothed and you couldn't hear his music from the shore.

H20Advantage
06-29-2006, 08:43 AM
I guess they will leave the channel and go someplace quiet like steamboat :cry: , where the families go to get away from these activities :mad:
Channel rules await final vote
BY MICHAEL HAYS
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:48 PM MDT
Visitors traveling to Lake Havasu City for Fourth of July festivities need not fret over quickly learning a new channel ordinance.
According to Communications Manager Charlie Cassens, the broad channel ordinance concerning behavior will come before Council again for a final vote. It is probable the ordinance will not take effect for at least 30 days, says Cassens, well after the Fourth of July weekend comes and goes.
Despite the proposed new law being one more step away from final passage, opinions abounded near the lake. Boaters relaxing in the Bridgewater Channel on Wednesday had varied views on the recently introduced channel behavior ordinance.
“Wow, That's a little excessive,” J.T. Nelson said when informed of possible penalties for violators. “They have a pretty low tolerance to begin with,” he added, speaking of officers working in the channel during busy weekends.
The new section, which essentially amends an existing ordinance, reads, “Prohibiting individuals who are intoxicated, and/or who are violent, seriously disruptive, unreasonable loud, or who utter abusive, obscene or offensive language, or engage in indecent exposure, [from] remaining in any public place as defined herein...”
Violators could be charged with a Class 1 misdemeanor, punishable with a fine up to $2,500 and/or a prison sentence not to exceed six months. Class 1 is the highest class of misdemeanor crime.
In essence, it gives officers a single, broad ordinance for removing disruptive parties from the channel.
Nelson also felt the stricter penalty could deter boaters from coming to the channel in the first place, thus harming the local economy.
“Why wouldn't they go outside the channel now?” he asked, referring to visitors who may now elect to go elsewhere.
Ken Palsun and Dave Green, both police officers from Riverside, Calif., supported the tougher law. They too enjoyed the sunshine and warm weather near their boat in the Bridgewater Channel on Wednesday.
“I think it's fantastic,” Palsun said. “So people can enjoy themselves here. I trust the officers' discretion.”
Joe Morgan, a native of Natick, Mass., relaxed under the shade of a tree near English Village. He has been arrested in the past for getting out of hand in the channel.
“It's a good law,” Morgan said. “I have two kids. I don't want them seeing the things that people do down here. What I'm pissed about is you can't drink beer in the park,” he added, pointing to London Bridge Beach across the water.
During a May 30 meeting, Interim Police Chief Dan Doyle told Council members that the officers' job would be easier if the groups causing problems and inciting others could be forced to leave the park.
“It's entirely possible for city police to simply warn people,” City Attorney Paul Lenkowsky said last week by phone.

unleashed
06-29-2006, 08:49 AM
I guess they will leave the channel and go someplace quiet like steamboat :cry: , where the families go to get away from these activities :mad:
Channel rules await final vote
BY MICHAEL HAYS
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:48 PM MDT
Visitors traveling to Lake Havasu City for Fourth of July festivities need not fret over quickly learning a new channel ordinance.
According to Communications Manager Charlie Cassens, the broad channel ordinance concerning behavior will come before Council again for a final vote. It is probable the ordinance will not take effect for at least 30 days, says Cassens, well after the Fourth of July weekend comes and goes.
Despite the proposed new law being one more step away from final passage, opinions abounded near the lake. Boaters relaxing in the Bridgewater Channel on Wednesday had varied views on the recently introduced channel behavior ordinance.
“Wow, That's a little excessive,” J.T. Nelson said when informed of possible penalties for violators. “They have a pretty low tolerance to begin with,” he added, speaking of officers working in the channel during busy weekends.
The new section, which essentially amends an existing ordinance, reads, “Prohibiting individuals who are intoxicated, and/or who are violent, seriously disruptive, unreasonable loud, or who utter abusive, obscene or offensive language, or engage in indecent exposure, [from] remaining in any public place as defined herein...”
Violators could be charged with a Class 1 misdemeanor, punishable with a fine up to $2,500 and/or a prison sentence not to exceed six months. Class 1 is the highest class of misdemeanor crime.
In essence, it gives officers a single, broad ordinance for removing disruptive parties from the channel.
Nelson also felt the stricter penalty could deter boaters from coming to the channel in the first place, thus harming the local economy.
“Why wouldn't they go outside the channel now?” he asked, referring to visitors who may now elect to go elsewhere.
Ken Palsun and Dave Green, both police officers from Riverside, Calif., supported the tougher law. They too enjoyed the sunshine and warm weather near their boat in the Bridgewater Channel on Wednesday.
“I think it's fantastic,” Palsun said. “So people can enjoy themselves here. I trust the officers' discretion.”
Joe Morgan, a native of Natick, Mass., relaxed under the shade of a tree near English Village. He has been arrested in the past for getting out of hand in the channel.
“It's a good law,” Morgan said. “I have two kids. I don't want them seeing the things that people do down here. What I'm pissed about is you can't drink beer in the park,” he added, pointing to London Bridge Beach across the water.
During a May 30 meeting, Interim Police Chief Dan Doyle told Council members that the officers' job would be easier if the groups causing problems and inciting others could be forced to leave the park.
“It's entirely possible for city police to simply warn people,” City Attorney Paul Lenkowsky said last week by phone.
Does this guys seem a little retarded to you???
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

06-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Its about time!!!!!!