PDA

View Full Version : the guts of a jet boat. read, it gets intresting.

Mach 22 Racer
08-22-2002, 08:11 PM
I got a guy in a jet boat with my twins. he insisted that jets were better than outboards. We layed down 100 dollars. Went to upper Colorado river, raced down. The whole time I let him win wink . Got to the sand bar. Told him to wait thirty minutes and I'll be back. I didn't need it but I figured I give him the hole shot and put my 32 cleavers on :) . Filled with some 92 and redline oil. Came back, Doubled or nothing. He agreed. After all he thinks he can beat my twin 300's. Let him get the hole shot and then pedals to the carpet. At about 87 I passed him, And kept going. I hit 120 and let off. :D He asked what I did and I told him. Then he says, "Change back to you 28's and I'll be back." So I changed to my 28's and waited. the dude showed up with a Tunnel jet witha blown 502 supercharged. Not very intimidating. :rolleyes: Got in the water with just me, Girlfriend at the sandbar, (another double or nothin, thats right 400 dollars. Not a smart guy) Started up, Let the time tick we went. He runs up And I sat there for about 10 sec's more. Then I pedal it. Pink right up on a plane. This dude was thinkin he was gonna beat me. Pulled right next to him and nosed him. Came towards the end and I nailed it. The racing motors roared to a scream and I took off 100+ went flying past the end :confused: . Now it's over and I'm 400 dollars richer :mad: . Tell me what you think of the brains of this guy. :cool:

Mach 22 Racer
08-22-2002, 08:15 PM
By the way i have a 98 DCB Mach 22 with twin 300 offshore racing motors.

Jungle Boy
08-25-2002, 03:16 PM
Mach 22 Racer:
By the way i have a 98 DCB Mach 22 with twin 300 offshore racing motors.I'm a jet boat guy and I would not have raced a twin 300. He's not very smart. I learned a long time ago than you bet with your brains, not heart.
Enjoy spending his cash. :rolleyes:

Kim Hanson
08-25-2002, 04:15 PM
I only get to play with water lice,so that must have been cool!I only have one V8 but,I never seen them from the start.LMAO........( . )( . ).... :D http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Outboards/untitled3.JPG

TOBTEK
08-26-2002, 08:45 AM
Congrats on your $400.00 he wasn't a smart man! You know your MACH is way over 100MPH just by looking at it!

Liberator TJ1984
08-26-2002, 12:19 PM
Brains ?? What Brains??? I got a jet ,,but are very cautious of you prop guys when it comes to who I run against... :p :D :p

HammerDown
08-26-2002, 01:00 PM
Nope not a very smart fella...then again I don't belive it was an apples to apples type of race. You played him from the jump...he was a dummy for playing at all. I know better.

TOBTEK
08-26-2002, 02:45 PM
HammerDown:
Nope not a very smart fella...then again I don't belive it was an apples to apples type of race. You played him from the jump...he was a dummy for playing at all. I know better.I agree with the unfair match...BUT, "a fool and his money will soon be parted"! Even moreso when you see two Merc's on the back of a DCB!ummmmm like dah. :rolleyes:

WetWillie
08-26-2002, 07:41 PM
There is a sucker born all the time!
W

TOBTEK
08-27-2002, 08:03 AM
WetWillie:
There is a sucker born all the time!
WWETWILLIE....YOU arent by chance the son of a famous pool table maker are you?

WetWillie
08-27-2002, 04:08 PM
TobTek,
No why do you ask? Are you talking about the pool table family in Poway? If so I could tell you a good story about them!
WW eek! wink

Mach 22 Racer
08-27-2002, 06:06 PM
Thanks for all your replies. I knew i could beat him and I did play him for his money. When you see one Merc hangin off the back you think, when you see two you wonder. This guy was so pompus he thought a Dang jet boat could beat me. HA!!! Thanks Dave for the boat.

Truth Be Told
08-30-2002, 06:34 AM
Your O/B's are great and the jet guy was foolish to run over 1000ft. against you. Shame on him. It's just different applications. Your boat and propulsion is king on long strips of water, no doubt. Jets were never meant to run fast over distance, that's a no brainer. Now, lets make it a roundy round race and I think I've got ya! J/K

TOBTEK
08-30-2002, 07:22 AM
WetWillie:
TobTek,
No why do you ask? Are you talking about the pool table family in Poway? If so I could tell you a good story about them!
WW eek! wink yea, I though you may Willie Olhausen, I heard from DCB he and pops are going for a few new boats in the near future. With your name willie, Ive seen you mention poway and DCB's though for sure you were a fit. What kind of story can you tell? They were Customers of mine when I worked in poway. They are nice but demanding! I didnt even get a special deal when I recently bought my new pool table :( salesgal was also a long time customer! Awesome new table though......

Mach 22 Racer
09-06-2002, 02:39 PM
Whatcha Have Truth Be Told. :cool: