PDA

View Full Version : Anybody taking kids to Havasu this weekend?

ULTRA28
06-29-2006, 06:53 AM
We're taking the boys (7 and 10) this weekend to Havasu. Never been to Havasu over the Fourth before. Does anybody take the kids and where do you hang with them?

Racer277
06-29-2006, 07:03 AM
Steamboat should be safe (unwritten rules)...
Little sandbar shouldn't be safe (unwritten rules)... :)

Whipped Caliber
06-29-2006, 07:03 AM
Go south on the lake and you will be fine. hope to see you out there. What boat will you be in?
AKA Mark

Mrs 2LKHVSU
06-29-2006, 07:05 AM
We always take our girls (4 & 7) with us. This will be our 13th Annual 4th of July Trip! We ususally stear clear of The Channel on the 4th, it's usually pretty full of river rookies.

Jyruiz
06-29-2006, 07:07 AM
We might take our 8 and 5 year olds, but will probably be leaving the 13 month old with the grandma. And we will be haning in the south side.

catman-do
06-29-2006, 07:35 AM
John, it should be fine out there on the 4th for the kids. Weve brought kids out before as young as 8 and they havent ever seen anything too bad (atleast nothing any 8 year old boy hasnt seen before). Seems like most of the crazy people stay home in SD or Newport to party. Its not like memorial/labor day where most of the problems are not the boat owners but the boat bitches that are getting too rowdy. Stay south of copper and you should be good. Boys might get a little bored at steamboat unless you are there early enough to get a piece of land so they arent stuck on the boat. We will be out there Fri-Tue, will look out for you!
Jeff

lalhc
06-29-2006, 07:38 AM
We take our boys south of Steamboat, find a nice cove, throw the anchor out and chill.

prosthogod
06-29-2006, 07:44 AM
we have 3 boys 11, 8,6yoa. We always take them and will be there. We go to Moabi most of the time, steamboat and that rock island cove just south of the pumping station on the ca. side. All very appropriate for kids. Great fishing in steamboat and the other cove. Look for the blue and white water splash HTM

All IN
06-29-2006, 07:44 AM
We always take my girl to Havsua. Just find a nice cove or down by parker dam is always a good place to hangout.

4day!!
06-29-2006, 10:27 AM
i have a 6yo girl and 10 yo boy. Steamboat is pretty much a safe bet. There is a great cove maybe 1/2 south of the pump station on the california side. It has a little rock island in the middle. I have heard it called many different names(catfish cove, california cove, etc.). It is a great family type place, and havasu springs is just about 1-2 minutes south if you need anything(ice, icecream, cocktails, gas, lunch)....

pixilatedpussy
06-29-2006, 10:41 AM
We're taking the boys (7 and 10) this weekend to Havasu. Never been to Havasu over the Fourth before. Does anybody take the kids and where do you hang with them?
More than welcome to head North & hook up with our crew in Moabi...We always take our boys...8 & 10.

Kilrtoy
06-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Hey John, wanna watch mine.... :boxed:

Second "PLACE"
06-29-2006, 10:52 AM
More than welcome to head North & hook up with our crew in Moabi...We always take our boys...8 & 10.
Which penninsula will you be at????

pixilatedpussy
06-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Which penninsula will you be at????
We are hitting the Park Moabi Channel tomorrow morning....Sat...I think we are running south to hook up with a few more of the crew in Havi...I will Pm you my # :p Our house is North...we usually stay close to the action at Avi for the kids to watch the fireworks. :rollside:

Partycattin
06-29-2006, 11:12 AM
This will be our 3rd year with the kids on the 4th. (7 & 3). We usually steer clear of the channel, copper, and sand bar until the 5th. Head towards the dam. Once you get past Copper, it usually mellows out. Steamboat may be a little busy up until the 4th, but from the 5th on it will be normal.
Watching fireworks on the water is the best. Kids love it!

bignet
06-29-2006, 11:28 AM
We like to take our girls, 5 and 3, to Moabi or find a beach just before Topac bridge...should be a great weekend.
bignet :crossx:

doesitfloat?
06-29-2006, 11:48 AM
I have a policy to try and be on the lakes w/ the kids (7 & 5) every possible weekend in the summer except fourth of July. Way too many rookies/drunks/people to risk my kids welfare. So, last year we decide to go against above said policy.
What happens? After the fireworks and now 10:00 at night and dark, a drunk in a 26' pontoon boat t-bones us at the dock sending my (new) boat, with our kids in it, sailing into the dark bay. My wife was holding the boat to the dock and she got knocked to the side (luckily just missed actually getting hit) and sustained back injuries. My kids are now floating away and screaming in total terror. I'm in my truck, just about to back down, and saw the whole thing. I jumped out of my truck and ran down to the dock, jumped in fully clothed, and swam to the boat.
Anyway, you can understand why we'll be having people over for a party instead of going to the lake.
Remember, regardless of how far you go on the lake to "get away" from the crazy crowds, you still have to all use the same docks, ramps, and freeways.

Roxysnow
06-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Unfortunately we are bring the kids (14 and 11) this weekend! Usually don\'t like to because of the dumb fukcs one the water! Looks like another float in the channel or south on the lake! See ya\'ll out there!

Todd969
06-29-2006, 12:22 PM
I don't have little kids ( unless you count Cudmore :) ) We are parking in the channel around 5:30ish am saturday and BBQ'n with friends.

MrsSigEpMock
06-29-2006, 01:01 PM
I don't have little kids ( unless you count Cudmore :) ) :p
Not even going this weekend.... we've got 1 raw boat and 1 over cooked. I knew 1 boat was $$$ but two? O'boy! :cry: Maybe the 7th or 14th! Hope to see some of you out there then!

sigepmock
06-29-2006, 01:23 PM
John,
If you want I'll send you the keys to the Rhino and you can them out exploring the hills, maybe catch up with Shadow for some Rhino cruising....
Let me know and you'll have them in hand tomorrow.
Chris

dicudmore
06-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the info everybody. I'm not sure what boat I'm taking yet. I'm glad to hear others will have kids out there too. I hope to see some of you guys out there. Heading out tomorrow after the last delivery of the week.
I think I know where there is a NICE 27' with a Teague 800 in it :cool:

dicudmore
06-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Yeah, Brett told me to take his boat out. No bimini though and the sun doesn't exactly like me very much. Yeah, I know, I'm in the wrong business for not doing well in the sun.
I've got a bimini that might come off easily

Todd969
06-29-2006, 08:47 PM
I've got a bimini that might come off easily
Such a giver :crossx: Might ask for some touch up while your at it.

Phat Daddy
06-29-2006, 08:53 PM
We will have are 3 kids but we will stay clear of the channel and sand bar.

voodoomedman
06-29-2006, 08:53 PM
I'll be out there. We don't launch on Saturday on big weekends but Sunday most idiots are hungover and if they get on the lake it's later and they stay in the usual hotspots. We launch on Sunday, Monday at Cattail and stay south of Steamboat. After launching at Steamboat there are plenty of BLM and State Park beaches to the right on the AZ side. Of course you will have to pay for day use. It's also not sandy so no beaching just anchor a couple feet from shore. If you want to float Their is a huge cove just south of the Intake plant called Gene Wash Cove. Usually nothing but families like us floating in there and even when crowded you would have to throw rocks to be able to touch the next boat. Of course the Springs is down there and it looks like at the outer snack bar there is an arcade and such. If you want to go up river their is a bichen sand bar no one ever talks about that is somewhere up the river and it is great to hang on and it right next to a sandy beach to if you want completely out of the water. Of course I that info is by PM only or I will have to show you as I have to keep some secrets on the downlow. Especially cuz the partiers like to go up river. Now if you stay off the lake the waterpark at the 95 and Mulberry looks like the kids might have a good time there. Any other questions let me know. You know my family is my life. I love Havasu but I don't like the bad element and I definately don't like anybody putting my wife, child's, friends or families life in danger. Partying is good but not at the expense of others. We have good clean family fun on the good ol' Ultra on Havasu.

dicudmore
06-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Thanks, but he doesn't even have mounts for a bimini. He never has me put a bimini on his boats. We'll see. Sunscreen works pretty good.
ok final offer...just take my damn boat for the weekend if you guys want it and I'll suffer with Brett's. Oh, and I do need to get some touch up for a rub-rail that somebodies pontoon may or may not have impacted :220v: All I know is a spot that used to be red is now white :crossx:

voodoomedman
06-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks, but he doesn't even have mounts for a bimini. He never has me put a bimini on his boats. We'll see. Sunscreen works pretty good.
The creator of my boat is always welcome to well you know.........
Borrow my JetSki. :D

ElimJimsOtherHalf
06-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Not familiar with named places on the lake...any pointers to a map?

dicudmore
06-29-2006, 08:57 PM
I'll be out there. We don't launch on Saturday on big weekends but Sunday most idiots are hungover and if they get on the lake it's later and they stay in the usual hotspots. We launch on Sunday, Monday at Cattail and stay south of Steamboat. After launching at Steamboat there are plenty of BLM and State Park beaches to the right on the AZ side. Of course you will have to pay for day use. It's also not sandy so no beaching just anchor a couple feet from shore. If you want to float Their is a huge cove just south of the Intake plant called Gene Wash Cove. Usually nothing but families like us floating in there and even when crowded you would have to throw rocks to be able to touch the next boat. Of course the Springs is down there and it looks like at the outer snack bar there is an arcade and such. If you want to go up river their is a bichen sand bar no one ever talks about that is somewhere up the river and it is great to hang on and it right next to a sandy beach to if you want completely out of the water. Of course I that info is by PM only or I will have to show you as I have to keep some secrets on the downlow. Especially cuz the partiers like to go up river. Now if you stay off the lake the waterpark at the 95 and Mulberry looks like the kids might have a good time there. Any other questions let me know. You know my family is my life. I love Havasu but I don't like the bad element and I definately don't like anybody putting my wife, child's, friends or families life in danger. Partying is good but not at the expense of others. We have good clean family fun on the good ol' Ultra on Havasu.
Cat-Tail?? Haven't you heard all the warnings about that place and to NEVER launch there?

Todd969
06-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Oh, and I do need to get some touch up for a rub-rail that somebodies pontoon may or may not have impacted :220v: All I know is a spot that used to be red is now white :crossx:
Funny, my original sentence was " John, please get Dan some touch up for the rub rail that my toon scratched and let me know how much I owe you"

Phat Daddy
06-29-2006, 08:59 PM
That's good info right there. To bad more people don't think like this. Hope to meet up with you sometime.

Todd969
06-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Cat-Tail?? Haven't you heard all the warnings about that place and to NEVER launch there?
Better off at site 6 :crossx:

dicudmore
06-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Funny, my original sentence was " John, please get Dan some touch up for the rub rail that my toon scratched and let me know how much I owe you"
oh that BBQ last night more than made up for the rub-rail :cool:

voodoomedman
06-29-2006, 09:04 PM
It was to throw people off. It is code word for Dog Penis Cove Launch Ramp. Please nobody launch at our secret holiday launch ramp at Dog Penis Cove.

dicudmore
06-29-2006, 09:06 PM
It was to throw people off. It is code word for Dog Penis Cove Launch Ramp. Please nobody launch at our secret holiday launch ramp at Dog Penis Cove.
well now that ya told everybody...
odds are I'll be launching the Shadow there sunday and monday. Probably not saturday

voodoomedman
06-29-2006, 09:07 PM
That's good info right there. To bad more people don't think like this. Hope to meet up with you sometime.
Well I just gave a way my spots so stop by and say hi. Well I didn't give away the secret spot yet. (not in public) and I usually launch at Windsor since it is so close to the house but on busy weekends it's down to Dog Pecker cove. Although any launch in town is some sort of a pain at all times but we launch early and get off early and avoid the mayhem.

Todd969
06-29-2006, 09:09 PM
odds are I'll be launching the Shadow there sunday and monday. Probably not saturday
Huh? no guests? talk to me goose.

Phat Daddy
06-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Well I just gave a way my spots so stop by and say hi. Well I didn't give away the secret spot yet. (not in public) and I usually launch at Windsor since it is so close to the house but on busy weekends it's down to Dog Pecker cove. Although any launch in town is some sort of a pain at all times but we launch early and get off early and avoid the mayhem.
We are going to launch north of the gorge, get some breakfast and then head down. Maybe we'll see you out there.

dicudmore
06-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Huh? no guests? talk to me goose.
I have W, D, L and L but may choose saturday to sleep in instead of being part of the madness

voodoomedman
06-29-2006, 09:13 PM
I can't remember if I saw your boat at the regatta. :confused:
Anyways mine is the 24 Stealth with the bright a$$ flames. If you see me I'll have a gatorade for ya.

voodoomedman
06-29-2006, 09:15 PM
We are going to launch north of the gorge, get some breakfast and then head down. Maybe we'll see you out there.
If it's not too crazy and we head up river I can show you the secret spot. But I'm sure you may have already found it.

Todd969
06-29-2006, 09:16 PM
I have W, D, L and L but may choose saturday to sleep in instead of being part of the madness
that makes sense. Val is going to drive down later in the morning also. Dana and I do all the work and she gets to sleep in and then play.

dicudmore
06-29-2006, 09:18 PM
I can't remember if I saw your boat at the regatta. :confused:
Anyways mine is the 24 Stealth with the bright a$$ flames. If you see me I'll have a gatorade for ya.
I had it out friday for the springs run, and sunday of that weekend but left it on the trailer the day of the regatta...
actually I was at the drivers meeting beach saturday morning on the JC

dicudmore
06-29-2006, 09:19 PM
that makes sense. Val is going to drive down later in the morning also. Dana and I do all the work and she gets to sleep in and then play.
:idea: then maybe I will be at your house with Valerie :D :D

voodoomedman
06-29-2006, 09:20 PM
I had it out friday for the springs run, and sunday of that weekend but left it on the trailer the day of the regatta...
actually I was at the drivers meeting beach saturday morning on the JC
That's right. I guess that's why I was confused. I was the ugly tall guy with the good looking wife and kid.

dicudmore
06-29-2006, 09:22 PM
That's right. I guess that's why I was confused. I was the ugly tall guy with the good looking wife and kid.
we'll have to get a better introduction next time :cool:

98 Vector 21
06-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Denise has stated that if she has to stay up all nite! shes on the water saturday...You guys should talk...Let me know what Im doing?

Todd969
06-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Denise has stated that if she has to stay up all nite! shes on the water saturday...You guys should talk...Let me know what Im doing?
Bringing your Vector up then?

dicudmore
06-29-2006, 09:57 PM
tell her to have a good time...I'll be on the couch! :cool:

Todd969
06-29-2006, 10:08 PM
tell her to have a good time...I'll be on the couch! :cool:
:argue:

dicudmore
06-29-2006, 10:10 PM
:argue:
isn't it past your bed time? it is mine and I don't open till 9 :)

Todd969
06-29-2006, 10:12 PM
isn't it past your bed time? it is mine and I don't open till 9 :)
yep, like 2 hours past. I have an 8:00 meeting tomorrow in town.

dicudmore
06-29-2006, 10:28 PM
yep, like 2 hours past. I have an 8:00 meeting tomorrow in town.
gotcha...well I'm calling it an evening...
see you folks tomorrow :cool: