PDA

View Full Version : New Cell Phone Poll

MrsSigEpMock
06-29-2006, 09:06 AM
So I'm in the market for a new cell phone. I have a personal preference but my hubby wants me to get the same provider as him. Please poll on the provider you think is the best all around out there. I will need nationwide service. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks for your help!

CommanderHB
06-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Go with Verizon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cole Trickle
06-29-2006, 09:23 AM
Verizon....
I get service on the water in both Havasu and Parker. I also get service while out at Glamis and Dumont.
If you wan't a 3rd reason we can text eachother cute messages for free. :crossx: ;)
Can you hear me now? :p

MrsSigEpMock
06-29-2006, 09:29 AM
Verizon....
we can text eachother cute messages for free. :crossx: ;)
SOLD!!! :rollside:
Actually that is my preferred choice, Chris has Cingular (I think it sux). He says it doesn't but it has so many dead spots and all of his phones have been physco. He can never get service it seems and he gets phantom voice mails 2 days afterward. I got service on my Co. verizon phone through the hills on the 40, and I don't have to go to Osborne outlook @ Glamis. It really is between Cingular ( :yuk: ) and Verizon ( :boxed: ). I just don't want a 100 year contract with a sucky provider!

riverbound
06-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Verizon....
I get service on the water in both Havasu and Parker. I also get service while out at Glamis and Dumont.
If you wan't a 3rd reason we can text eachother cute messages for free. :crossx: ;)
I also have Verizon. as much as I travel I have experienced the best coverage with them. plus the fact that I can text brandin cute messages for free is a big plus ;)

Havasu_Dreamin
06-29-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm in the same situation as you. I currently have Verizon but the coverage at my house in La Verne sucks ass, spotty at best. Verizon also sucks when trying to make calls when in Havasu, sometimes have to dial up to 5 times before the call goes thru. Also, I am on my thrid phone in two years with them since the other phones went psycho. But otherwise the coverage is very good.

Cole Trickle
06-29-2006, 09:47 AM
I also have Verizon. as much as I travel I have experienced the best coverage with them. plus the fact that I can text brandin cute messages for free is a big plus ;)
:crossx: :p

Run_em_Hard
06-29-2006, 09:50 AM
I have had Verizon for years...it gets reception at the canyon lakes that I go to that none others can get. Plus all my family and old lady have it. I also get a 20% discount for my work cause thats all we use.

Bense468
06-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Cingular is the biggest service provider. As far as Glamis goes. Service was spotty with both cingular and verizon UNTIL they put in the big cell tower over by Wash 1-2. Now both have decent coverage out there.
I have both phones, and at the river it just depends on where you are.

USCFAN
06-29-2006, 10:13 AM
Verizon

Ivan Dan
06-29-2006, 10:32 AM
SOLD!!! He can never get service it seems and he gets phantom voice mails 2 days afterward.
I think ALL cell services do this!!! I get this even with Verizon but I have to say that Verizon blows AT&T/Cingular away. Customer service with Verizon is actually helpful and in a timely fashion unlike Cingular which has the most horrible customer service on the planet.

Kilrtoy
06-29-2006, 10:41 AM
I have cingular, just switched from verizon. Due to the fact all calls made from havasu ARE LONG DISTANCE and roaming fees apply. But they are the best. Cingular has really closed the gap

dm25advantage
06-29-2006, 10:49 AM
cingular has the biggest service provider because they brought att out. i run a cell phone shop here in simi valley and 90% of our sells are verizon. if u have any questions, feel free to call me 8055272222. u have to get the motorola e815, this phone has not let me down on coverage.

riverbound
06-29-2006, 10:52 AM
I have cingular, just switched from verizon. Due to the fact all calls made from havasu ARE LONG DISTANCE and roaming fees apply. But they are the best. Cingular has really closed the gap
that could have easily been fixed for like $6 a month.

dm25advantage
06-29-2006, 10:55 AM
change your plan to the america choice ll and that will take care of the problem. call me if u want to change that.
young@visionwireless

MrsSigEpMock
06-29-2006, 11:03 AM
cingular has the biggest service provider because they brought att out. i run a cell phone shop here in simi valley and 90% of our sells are verizon. if u have any questions, feel free to call me 8055272222. u have to get the motorola e815, this phone has not let me down on coverage.
Thanks, I may call you if I want some real answers. Cell phone sales are right on my list with used car sales and DMV peeps.
Any suggestions other than the e815.
All I need is to make those quick "I'm on my way home" " where the hell you at?" and "I can't get the kid" calls. A camera, and texting of course so I can get cute texts from Brandon & Bill. :p Don't need itune cap. or internet. just baisc real life function.
Carrie

Kilrtoy
06-29-2006, 11:12 AM
that could have easily been fixed for like $6 a month.
Im lost , how?
I already raised my minutes 3 times to 2100 a month, I was not about to go to 3000 for 200 a month

Cole Trickle
06-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Im lost , how?
I already raised my minutes 3 times to 2100 a month, I was not about to go to 3000 for 200 a month
Like stated above you can go with the America choice program and avoid roaming charges.(Minutes have nothing to do with roaming charges)
I use my phone everywhere....CA,AZ,NV and have used it while on vacation in Puerta Vallarta and Cabo.