PDA

View Full Version : Computer ?

Rod-64
06-29-2006, 12:08 PM
How can I make a desktop icon for the disc clean-up and de-frag tools so I don't have to go into the control panel everytime?
Thanks
Rod "I'm no Bill Gates"-64 :crossx:

It's all Good
06-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Right mouse-click on the program, and select Send to - Desktop (create shortcut)

Rod-64
06-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Right mouse-click on the program, and select Send to - Desktop (create shortcut)
I've tried that but no go....that's why the question......prolly got to right-click from another screen. :confused:

XClutchboy725
06-29-2006, 12:30 PM
You can drag it to the desktop, or right click and choose create shortcut....The O/S will prompt you with "Cannot create a shortcut here. Do you want to create a shortcut on your desktop?".....Just respond Yes.

Kim Hanson
06-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Go to " Start ".....Programs----Accessories----System Tools-----right click on which one and pick " Desk Top " and it will be there........( . )( . )...... :cool:

Cheap Thrills
06-29-2006, 12:45 PM
right click the desktop , select new , select new shortcut .
copy and paste this text to the box.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cleanmgr.exe
click next and type in a name if you want to change it.
do it again for defrag using the text
dfrg.msc
I'm assuming you're running windooz NT/XP/2000
C.T. :wink:

Kim Hanson
06-29-2006, 12:52 PM
right click the desktop , select new , select new shortcut .
copy and paste this text to the box.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cleanmgr.exe
click next and type in a name if you want to change it.
do it again for defrag using the text
dfrg.msc
I'm assuming you're running windooz NT/XP/2000
Confusing him isn't going to work , I tried my way and it worked :cool: ........( . )( . )........He will just come back babbling about shiat again , doing it your way ! :p

Rod-64
06-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Go to " Start ".....Programs----Accessories----System Tools-----right click on which one and pick " Desk Top " and it will be there........( . )( . )...... :cool:
The winner!!!
Thanks! I was trying to do it from the control panel instead of the start deal. :boxed:

Cheap Thrills
06-29-2006, 02:14 PM
Confusing him isn't going to work , I tried my way and it worked :cool: ........( . )( . )........He will just come back babbling about shiat again , doing it your way ! :p
:p I was going to run him through DOS to do it too but I decided against it I'm almost up to my asshole quota for the day and I don't want to waste any of them :D
Glad you got it figured out Rod.

probablecause
06-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Just a question: Why would you need to be defragging your HD and running diagnostic tools that much to require it to be on your Desktop?

BajaMike
06-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Just a question: Why would you need to be defragging your HD and running diagnostic tools that much to require it to be on your Desktop?
I was wondering the same thing.....:confused:

Cheap Thrills
06-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Easier to get to I guess. I like to keep mine clean.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127desktop.JPG