PDA

View Full Version : Power's been down since 6...

Riverkid
06-29-2006, 07:55 PM
And Edison says 10:30 at least for restoration... :mad: :mad: :mad:

h2oski2fast
06-29-2006, 08:23 PM
That sucks. I'll tell ya, you missed a good time in Avalon today the weather was awesome. Water was great going over (9:30am), got a bit bumpy on the way back (3pm). Talked with Todd after they just finished a run and they were in just around an hour.

OGShocker
06-29-2006, 08:27 PM
That sux! Do you live near the Gaza strip? :crossx:

Tom Brown
06-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Now that you mention it, I've seen him wear a kippah. :cool:

Sleek-Jet
06-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Look on the bright side... the electricity isn't costing you anything right now... :D :D :D

Riverkid
06-29-2006, 08:49 PM
That sucks. I'll tell ya, you missed a good time in Avalon today the weather was awesome. Water was great going over (9:30am), got a bit bumpy on the way back (3pm). Talked with Todd after they just finished a run and they were in just around an hour.
What the hell did you do from 10:15 to 3? Focking alcoholics! Last time we did that I remember stuffing the 38 at 75... Ouch. Todd's gonna do it again, if Chris Stout doesn't steal it away. Rudi's kids are all tuned up. :)
Cari took the kids up to the Big Bear house today and called to tell me they had their jackets on, sitting out on the deck. House is like 90 degrees. Somebody killed a power pole. Gotta get up at 0330 and am waiting to reset the damn alarm clock! I have four 45KW gens in storage a mile away - might have to go get one.
Oh yah, I have a little gen running out back for lights/laptop power. All I had left was 112 race gas. Damn it!!!

Jrocket
06-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Oh yah, I have a little gen running out back for lights/laptop power. All I had left was 112 race gas. Damn it!!!
Now thats a guy addicted to the internet!

Riverkid
06-29-2006, 08:56 PM
^^^ You have no idea! All my guys have laptops/air cards, and all my customers hate the phone, love email. It's either this or sit in the Ford in the driveway doing this stuff. Plus the freaking TV and stereo are a no go, and I will probably starve to death without the microwave. DAMN IT!

Roxysnow
06-29-2006, 08:59 PM
No outages here! :D

Riverkid
06-29-2006, 09:05 PM
^^^ Great, I'm on my way over. Do you have a jacuzzi? The diesel rolling in won't be the UPS guy... :)
It's just 800 homes down my way. I had to put a cellsite on a gen earlier around the corner and figured the house was on the same grid. Gotta love those Edison guys - roll by and ask what's up? "Your focked".
Gee, thanks... :220v:

h2oski2fast
06-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Yo B,
If you want I'll set my alarm and call ya at 3:30am (ouch). Let me know.
On second thought, use the alarm clock on your cell.

Riverkid
06-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Now that's taking one for the team! 6 minutes to Wapner... Thanks but I'll make the fat kid give me a wake up (you know who). Did you see the pics of his truck after the DD hit it? Shit!
Augie doggy is all freaked out and we are now up to about 38 stuffed animals he's robbed out of the kid's room... I think I prolly shouldn't have split those last three vodka tonics with him, 105# or not...
What's Rob running for Catalina?

h2oski2fast
06-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Now that's taking one for the team! 6 minutes to Wapner... Thanks but I'll make the fat kid give me a wake up (you know who). Did you see the pics of his truck after the DD hit it? Shit!
Augie doggy is all freaked out and we are now up to about 38 stuffed animals he's robbed out of the kid's room... I think I prolly shouldn't have split those last three vodka tonics with him, 105# or not...
What's Rob running for Catalina?
I saw those pics.
Rob bought Buckles 33' Scarab. It has 500 Whipple motors in it. We ran it up to 85 today on the way over. He's pulling in Intermediate Mens class.

Riverkid
06-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Nice. That's a great boat. He better hope for smooth water, though...
What boat number is he running? Have you heard when they will do tech at the Lido rack?
Focking Edison. 10:37 and no juice. I'm getting REALLY hungry and the dog is now up to 50 or so stuffies...

h2oski2fast
06-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Nice. That's a great boat. He better hope for smooth water, though...
What boat number is he running? Have you heard when they will do tech at the Lido rack?
Focking Edison. 10:37 and no juice. I'm getting REALLY hungry and the dog is now up to 50 or so stuffies...
I have no idea when they are doing tech at the rack. The Scarab is on the trailer, so I think Rob will trailer to tech.
Cool, laundry is done! I'm off to bed.... I'll call you tomorrow.