PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard the Memphis Audio marine stuff?

STV_Keith
06-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Looking at their 15-MA8, coax 8" mid/tweeter. They also make a non-marine version, but I'm thinking in my rig, I want the water proof stuff.

BOBALOO
06-30-2006, 02:22 PM
I think the guys over at SoundDomain like the Memphis stuff. BTW, are we gonna see you next weekend? PARTY at the Venetian.:D
I wish I had a new to me boat that I could out a couple 15's into. I still have Davids # for future reference and all. :crossx:

jbone
07-03-2006, 05:34 PM
I just converted to all (marine) Memphis Audio. 2- 8 inch, 2- 6 inch, 4- 6x9. All come with crossovers and tweeters that you point in the direction you want. I have 2- 3004 JL amps pushing them.
I am very happy with the sound. I think the highs are very crisp, like MB Quart. The highs project very well out of the boat.
However, I read several posts on here from people that didn't like the stuff, but I am very pleased.
If you have a endless supply of cash, there is always better.
I went with the marine stuff so I don't have to worry when it rains or when kids start using the super soakers.
J

STV_Keith
07-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Bobaloo...unfortunately not. I will be leaving for Havasu on Friday right after work. I think you said you guys were getting here on Wednesday? If so, give me a call and we can hook up Wednesday or Thursday night before I leave.
JBone, good to hear. I don't have the endless supply of cash, but they seem to be a good bang for the buck. I do want to hear a set before I go buy them though.

jbone
07-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Stop by, I'm in San Diego.
J

STV_Keith
07-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Kind of a hike from Vegas, but thanks for the offer! :)

Run_em_Hard
07-05-2006, 03:20 AM
I have Memphis Audio stuff also. I think that mine are the non-marine. The wires are still coated though. I have two way 6x9's and two way 5 1/4's and have been very pleased with both. Fully adjustable tweets on both. Real nice.

77charger
07-13-2006, 09:31 PM
my neighbor sells memphis amps been doing so for at least a year has told me good about them just havent got on here like the big name stuff.Might have to talk to him soon.

GRUNION
07-14-2006, 08:54 AM
Its good stuff

Cat & Mice
07-14-2006, 11:13 AM
I have not heard the new marine stuff but I know the Memphis stuff all sounds good. I would still rather have the JL stuff.
You won't go wrong either way! Both are very good.
Just stay with Marine!!!
MP