PDA

View Full Version : Shasta Cat Attack II

deltarat
06-30-2006, 08:06 AM
The I's have it. The dates are Sept 8th - 9th - 10th.

abraman1326
06-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Count the Belt Crew in. Can't wait beings I missed the last one...
BRA
DRat, if you need any help pulling that motor, give me a call, I'd be more than happy to come out and lend a hand, just let me know...

acatitude
06-30-2006, 10:27 AM
kool I just called and got the last 10ft wide slip....................... lmao :cry:

Mrs Luvnlife
06-30-2006, 10:59 AM
We'll be there! Hope there's a good turnout for that weekend!!
I just got off the phone with BB Moorage and got someone booted from a 10 ft. slip :confused: :confused: :rollside: .

DAVEO
07-01-2006, 03:42 PM
I will try and make it.

HP350SC
07-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Hey, someone was asking about buying my Stoker less engine at cat attack. Will sell for 38,500 less motor. If you know who was interested please send 'em my way. thanks.

HP350SC
07-05-2006, 12:39 PM
OK it was DAVEO. Thanks

DAVEO
07-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Yes it was me. sent a pm.

Robbie Racer
07-06-2006, 08:33 AM
The I's have it. The dates are Sept 8th - 9th - 10th.
Cool!! Count me in too. We just got back yesterday from Shasta after being there for almost a week. The water level is down about 7 feet from when we were there at the Cat Attack a few weeks ago but still looking very good.
Terry, we blew another of my Goodyear Marathon trailer tires on the way home...........again :cry: , so am ordering 3 more of the Cooper SRMII's the you turned me on to and will replace all of the Marathon's. Thanks again for the tip.
Keith

acatitude
07-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Hey Keith, howed the boat run??? sorry I couldnt make it, I havent gone anywheres lately.... Have you decide if your doing b2b??

deltarat
07-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Cool!! Count me in too. We just got back yesterday from Shasta after being there for almost a week. The water level is down about 7 feet from when we were there at the Cat Attack a few weeks ago but still looking very good.
Terry, we blew another of my Goodyear Marathon trailer tires on the way home...........again :cry: , so am ordering 3 more of the Cooper SRMII's the you turned me on to and will replace all of the Marathon's. Thanks again for the tip.
Keith
Your welcome Keith, Im glad that you guys had a good trip. I hope your tire didnt leave you stranded on the side of the freeway for too long, I know it gets real hot real quick out there. My motor is out and will be back together this weekend so it looks like I am ready to catch up on some boating :) :)

acatitude
07-06-2006, 11:41 AM
hey thats kool Terry guess it wasnt to bad then, what was it??? booked my room and re-bumped for a 10 ft slip :)

deltarat
07-06-2006, 11:45 AM
hey thats kool Terry guess it wasnt to bad then, what was it??? booked my room and re-bumped for a 10 ft slip :)
Just what we thought it was, a big pain in the ass for a $10.00 repair!! :mad: It took 6 hours to get the motor out and about 15min to repair, I'll let you know how long it takes to put it back in when I am done.

acatitude
07-06-2006, 11:47 AM
oil pickup???

Robbie Racer
07-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Hey Keith, howed the boat run??? sorry I couldnt make it, I havent gone anywheres lately.... Have you decide if your doing b2b??
Hey Ken, I had mixed results with the boat performance at Shasta. The air quality was even worse this past week than the last time we were all up there. It got up to 4600' most days so top speeds were not great. I was only able to hit 110 on 91 octane (8-9 psi boost) in poor water conditions but I think I got the knock to go away after dropping the timing to 30 degrees and raising the water pressure to the block from 12 psi to 40 psi. But when I switched over to race gas and bumped the boost to 14 psi, I started getting a knock signal again after being in it for approx 10-20 seconds. So I had to get out of it after only getting up to 114 mph. I'm baffled as to why it's knocking at the higher boost with the C-16 (117 octane fuel) so I need to do more testing to see if I can solve the knock problem on higher boost before I make a decision if to enter B2B this year. I want to try some different race gas and see if that makes any difference. I also need to call Larry and see if I need to change to bigger jets at the higher boost level. I didn't check the plugs, so maybe it's running leaner at higher boost. Who knows, I'm about out of potential solutions. :confused:
Yeah Terry, I was lucky on the blown tire. It blew while on I-80 but I was in the slow lane and was able to grab a quick exit right away. I really saw how lucky I was when I got home and saw that another of my tires had a missing thread spot and was leaking air. That one was about ready to blow and I was out of spares. :yuk: Glad to hear that you didn't have an expensive motor fix bill.

acatitude
07-06-2006, 03:07 PM
ever think maybe the c-16 is burning to fast without having the nitrous hooked up??? im assuming you werent using juice... bigger jets at that altitude might help keep the knock senser from coming on also.. hell If I had gone id probably been stuck at 75 mph in the grocery getter... hope you get it figured out... is 40 water pressure ok??? almost sounds like what was happeneing before with cyl. walls getting hot??? more water in block cooling them down some..... a little more testing youll get it.... let me know when your going out again

abraman1326
07-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Keith,
If you need an extra set of hands when you go out and test, let me know. I'm always game to come out and help, just let me know. I hope you get everything figured out. Glad also to hear that you didn't have too much trouble w/ the tire. It sucks to lose one, I know, glad everything is ok. Hope to see you soon. Also, if you do make B2B, let me know, I can give you a hand launching on Fri...
BRA

Robbie Racer
07-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Ken, C-16 is 117 octane and is supposed to be slower burning than 110 octane but who knows. Maybe it's gone bad sitting in the drum in my garage for the past year or so. Yes, my water pressure is too high now and that could cause a problem at some point. I have to adjust the pressure relief valve to get it down to between 30 and 35 psi at top speed the next time I take it out for some testing. I might try to do that over at San Luis reservoir this weekend since it's fairly close to me.
Brandon, thanks for the offer of help on testing and on launching on Friday at B2B. Maggie doesn't want to go to B2B so I won't be able to go unless I can find some help in launching and getting in and out of the dock area on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That's the hardest part due to that strong current running by the dock in front of the Embassy. If I can find some help at B2B on Saturday and Sunday, I will let you know about Friday's launch situation. Thanks again, Keith

acatitude
07-07-2006, 05:38 PM
well maybe I have it backwards then Keith, but Ive heard of it not igniting at the right time, and causing loss of power,maybe due to timing changes needed, guess thats why i aint no mechanic... ill just shut up lol..... Ill help ya all i can Keith as im sure wil others... hell I may need some help in that current. it does get tight and crowded in there . hope ya make it

abraman1326
07-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Brandon, thanks for the offer of help on testing and on launching on Friday at B2B. Maggie doesn't want to go to B2B so I won't be able to go unless I can find some help in launching and getting in and out of the dock area on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That's the hardest part due to that strong current running by the dock in front of the Embassy. If I can find some help at B2B on Saturday and Sunday, I will let you know about Friday's launch situation. Thanks again, Keith
I will be around all weekend if needed. I'm always available to help, just let me know. I'd enjoy helping. More thanks for the incredible ride you took us on last year. Just let me know. I am already planning on being there all weekend...
BRA

abraman1326
07-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Ken, if you are going, I am more than willing to help. Just let me know what you need, and I'll do all I can. It's going to be a great time...
BRA

acatitude
07-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks Brandon, I appreciate that, help is always appreciated trying to dock in that cluster fock... probably be able to get ya a bracelot so you can rome around at will on the dock, depending on how many I get .

abraman1326
07-10-2006, 02:17 PM
No biggie. If you don't have enough, it's ok. I can spend the couple bucks to get one on Sat and sunday if you don't have the extra's. I just enjoy helping in any way I can, so let me know what you need.
Also, I'll be heading home each night, so if you need something in the mornings, let me know and I can stop and get it on my way in. I don't know if you are staying at the Embassy Suites, or going home each night...
BRA

blown65
07-10-2006, 05:29 PM
We should be there.

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
08-18-2006, 09:37 AM
just bringing back to top :crossx: :skull: :crossx:

blown65
08-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Well, unfortunetely we cant make it. We will however be there over the holiday.

Robbie Racer
08-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Made my reservations at the Bridge Bay motel yesterday. Hopefully, my drive and motor will be back in the boat by then. :cool:

acatitude
08-18-2006, 11:39 AM
great KEITH I rebooted that daytona outa that 10 ft slip :rollside: . look forward to seeing everyone there
may catch with you and AL labor day..... are you still going to delta???

Robbie Racer
08-18-2006, 11:46 AM
great KEITH I rebooted that daytona outa that 10 ft slip :rollside: . look forward to seeing everyone there
Yeah, we are still planning on camping at the Sugar Barge campground and Marina. Hope to see you then. Keith

acatitude
08-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Great Ill have to look it up on delta map and figure how to get there.. i get so lost down there......

abraman1326
08-18-2006, 12:31 PM
The Belt Crew is still planning on making this trip. SHould be a good one. Finishing up putting the motor in tonight, so hopefully I'll be out playing as well Labor Day Weekend...
BRA

Robbie Racer
08-18-2006, 12:34 PM
The Belt Crew is still planning on making this trip. SHould be a good one. Finishing up putting the motor in tonight, so hopefully I'll be out playing as well Labor Day Weekend...
BRA
Sounds good Brandon. Looking forward to seeing you on the water again. Now, just don't break anything for the rest of this boating season. :p

LUVNLIFE
08-18-2006, 06:21 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :crossx: :rollside:

DAVEO
08-19-2006, 10:01 AM
looks like we have to miss this one. You all have a good time. :cry:

TUNNEL T
08-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Hey Boatmaster What's Up Are You Going !

Washed Ashore
08-28-2006, 09:05 PM
We wont be making this one either,soccer season opens that weekend,both of my boys play.My oldest boy is playing a comp tourny on sunday,I live to watch him play.Everyone have a great time!!!!!!!!!
Jeff

Smitty19
08-28-2006, 10:34 PM
I was planning on checking out the cat Attack but have never been what part of the lake (camp ground ) do you launch from just wanted to be centrally located
I'll be bring my 19' Daytona

acatitude
08-28-2006, 11:49 PM
well i think im a cancel, if anyone needs a room before I cancel it, let me know... blew the u-joints and taking drive off to check it... I dont think it will be back together in a week

abraman1326
08-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Sounds good Brandon. Looking forward to seeing you on the water again. Now, just don't break anything for the rest of this boating season. :p
C'mon. Maybe it'll be a tradition that I blow the motor at Cat Attack II each year. Should would make a good story huh? LOL. Anyway, I don't plan on blowing anything up for a very long time. It's been nice being back on the water, can't wait to get up there and play...
BRA

DCBob
09-05-2006, 07:23 AM
I was planning on checking out the cat Attack but have never been what part of the lake (camp ground ) do you launch from just wanted to be centrally located
I'll be bring my 19' Daytona
Mostly from Bridge Bay About 5 mi North of Redding on I-5 :rollside:

DCBob
09-05-2006, 07:26 AM
D-21 & I are heading up Thurs AM are any of you AA escapees still going? :rolleyes: :rollside:

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
09-05-2006, 08:23 AM
DCBOB sorry cant make this one have search & rescue training in chico from friday to sunday :cry: BIG JOE

DCBob
09-05-2006, 08:33 AM
DCBOB sorry cant make this one have search & rescue training in chico from friday to sunday :cry: BIG JOE
We'll miss ya Joe....catch ya on the next one :rollside:

abraman1326
09-05-2006, 09:06 AM
I have to bail out as well. I forgot my grandfather is having surgery this week, and my grandmother is going to need my help around the house over the weekend. :cry: :cry: :cry: Hope y'all have a great time, and take lot's of pics for us losers to see...
BRA

DCBob
09-05-2006, 09:40 AM
I have to bail out as well. I forgot my grandfather is having surgery this week, and my grandmother is going to need my help around the house over the weekend. :cry: :cry: :cry: Hope y'all have a great time, and take lot's of pics for us losers to see...
BRA
Sheiat Bra......its sounding like its only gonna be me D-21 & the sheep :cry:

Mrs Luvnlife
09-05-2006, 12:25 PM
:cry: I think we originally signed up for this one too and unfortunately, we're not gonna make it either :cry: . Have fun for us though :rollside: .

DCBob
09-05-2006, 12:44 PM
:cry: I think we originally signed up for this one too and unfortunately, we're not gonna make it either :cry: . Have fun for us though :rollside: .
Its gonna be hard to have fun without you guys :cry: we'll give it our best shot though :) see ya on the next one..........Hookey Day?

DAVEO
09-05-2006, 02:03 PM
blew out my sholder. Waiting MRI might be a rotocuff. We are going to pass. Be safe and have fun.......

DCBob
09-05-2006, 02:12 PM
blew out my sholder. Waiting MRI might be a rotocuff. We are going to pass. Be safe and have fun.......
Sorry to hear that, I hope all is well though. See ya on da next one :rollside:

Robbie Racer
09-05-2006, 04:19 PM
D-21 & I are heading up Thurs AM are any of you AA escapees still going? :rolleyes: :rollside:
Maggie and I are heading out of Gilroy on Friday morning and should arrive Bridge Bay mid afternoon. It sounds like the list of attendees is getting shorter by the day.

Mrs Luvnlife
09-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Its gonna be hard to have fun without you guys :cry: we'll give it our best shot though :) see ya on the next one..........Hookey Day?
Oh, I'm sure you'll have no problems having fun without us :cry: :p . It's not normally like us to say we'll be there and then not show, but too much $hit came up in a hurry :cry: . Not sure about Hookey day, we'd love to and hope to.....we'll see.

DCBob
09-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Maggie and I are heading out of Gilroy on Friday morning and should arrive Bridge Bay mid afternoon. It sounds like the list of attendees is getting shorter by the day.
See ya under da bridge...Big John will be there doing tune & test on his new motor & drive in the Warlock :)

acatitude
09-05-2006, 05:00 PM
dam dam dam now i know why i need a spare drive.. be safe guys... hope to be ready for berryessa.
if anyone knows of anyone w/ a b-max for sale id like there number

abraman1326
09-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Sheiat Bra......its sounding like its only gonna be me D-21 & the sheep :cry:
Makin me feel really sorry for the sheep...
BRA