PDA

View Full Version : Cell Users Worse Than Drunks

burtandnancy
06-30-2006, 10:42 AM
New report out (don't know who) says cell phone users are involved in more accidents than drunk drivers. They list a lot of reasons that make sense. I know for sure that about 110% of people I see get on their phones when they leave home. I seem to notice that people wondering all over the road are usually talking with one hand up to their ear. You generally see the drunks in the evenings. Cell phones certainly have changed our lives, for good and bad...

uvindex
06-30-2006, 10:48 AM
New report out (don't know who) says cell phone users are involved in more accidents than drunk drivers. The study was done at the University of Utah, and was picked up by lots of news outlets. Here's an example (http://www.technewsworld.com/story/tPV0Tat7xNuhwG/Study-Driving-While-Talking-on-Cell-Phone-as-Risky-as-Driving-Drunk.xhtml). By the way, the University of Utah researchers have also shown that using a hands-free device doesn't make you any safer than without hands-free. :)

ratso
06-30-2006, 11:56 AM
What about texting while driving? Putting on makeup... Drinking or eating... Having your girl mounted up on your uh... never mind...