PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid locals

Biglue
06-30-2006, 11:22 AM
Whats a good time to be in line to launch there. I hear the horror stories about the long launch lines on regular weekends. I could only imagine they're going to be that much worse this weekend. This being my first time to Pyramid I could really use some pointers from the regulars. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Louie.

NautiTwins
06-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Whats a good time to be in line to launch there. I hear the horror stories about the long launch lines on regular weekends. I could only imagine they're going to be that much worse this weekend. This being my first time to Pyramid I could really use some pointers from the regulars. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Louie.
I have not been in a couple of years. When I was young my dad and I would have to sleep overnight, while waiting in line. It sucked listening to the Jake brakes from the trucks coming down the hill all night. It is going to be crazy there this weekend. Best off going to the ocean.

Biglue
06-30-2006, 11:26 AM
I have not been in a couple of years. When I was young my dad and I would have to sleep overnight, while waiting in line. It sucked listening to the Jake brakes from the trucks coming down the hill all night. It is going to be crazy there this weekend. Best off going to the ocean.
Aw shit, this does not sound good.

Desert Rat
06-30-2006, 12:27 PM
I hear that if you get a camp site at the camp grounds down the road you get a front of the line pass... i have only heard this and do not know for sure but it may be worth while to look into. Although the camp grounds may be just as hard to get into!

marty722
06-30-2006, 02:33 PM
First in is the campground then the line up at the gate.... We have got there around 5am and was able to get in although we were one of the last until the closed the line....

HappyHour
06-30-2006, 03:18 PM
What do you guys think about Monday?? I plan on going but don't want to hit a big line. Do you think that enough people have to work on Monday and won't be going?? Or am I having wishful thoughts??............ :cool:

JetBoatRich
06-30-2006, 05:14 PM
Camp Grounds are a couple miles away from the lake :yuk: but it gets you into the front of the line :rolleyes:

Biglue
07-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Just in case anyone was wondering. The launch lines were non existant. The lake was not anywhere near crowded. For a first time trip there, I thought the lake was pretty cool. They could use some no wake buoys in some of those coves. Other than that the lake is pretty cool. Tons of sea-doos though.

RitcheyRch
07-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Agree, is a nice lake when not crowded.