PDA

View Full Version : Utah's DUI cop get's a DUI

chase8
06-30-2006, 01:10 PM
This is no joke. The officer in charge of Utah's anti drunk driving force was arrested after crashing his patrol car into a freeway median. A blood test revealed his blood alcohol was twice the legal limit. He is a 15 yr veteran of the Utah Highway Patrol. What a dumbass!

Phat Matt
06-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Post a link.

voodoomedman
06-30-2006, 01:22 PM
That drives me nuts. Not bashing all cops here just the ones that do that. I hate anyone drinking and driving period but these guys are worse. They think they are invincible and also think that they will get let go because of their confidential plates and their badge and such. Well what happens if they kill someone. Drink all you want just have someone sober get your dumb a$$ home.

Mardonzi
06-30-2006, 01:27 PM
here's a link
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_3997456

WYRD
06-30-2006, 01:29 PM
I heard they grow em crazy in Utah...... :idea: :crossx:

Phat Matt
06-30-2006, 01:34 PM
I guess he won't be heading that up anymore. :jawdrop:

chase8
06-30-2006, 01:40 PM
This was not mean't to be a cop bashing thread. I think most of them are good guys. But anyone who has ever had a drink knows that driving at the alcohol level this guy was at is just plain stupid.

thumbs
06-30-2006, 02:05 PM
I guess he won't be heading that up anymore. :jawdrop:
Why not? A little mistake like that is no big deal these days.
Remember who said this and kept his job? "Bitch set me up."

Cruzzze
06-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Being one of the non mormons here in Utah, and being a weekend alcoholic, it's no surprise that this shyt is going on here. Just like the mormons here, Sunday they hit the church scene pretty hard, then Monday morning they screw you, your wife and a whole bunch of polygamist kids just because they can.......I gues :cool: s it's no different than anywhere else.......

Phat Matt
06-30-2006, 02:32 PM
Why not? A little mistake like that is no big deal these days.
Remember who said this and kept his job? "Bitch set me up."
I agree he made a mistake but he was the head of the task force. You kinda have to lead by example. What do you think the first drunk would say to this guy or any other cop who pulled them over. Your boss does it. Maybe he can do something else in the department.
Would you hire a thief to guard a bank?

ChumpChange
06-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Shhhhhhhh! Don't rat me out! :D

thumbs
06-30-2006, 02:43 PM
I agree he made a mistake but he was the head of the task force. You kinda have to lead by example. What do you think the first drunk would say to this guy or any other cop who pulled them over. Your boss does it. Maybe he can do something else in the department.
No doubt that he should not keep his current position. But we thought the same of the crack smoking mayor of DC and he was voted back in.
It will be interesting to see the outcome of this.

WYRD
06-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Would you hire a politician to run the government? :crossx: :220v:

Phat Matt
06-30-2006, 03:19 PM
No doubt that he should not keep his current position. But we thought the same of the crack smoking mayor of DC and he was voted back in.
It will be interesting to see the outcome of this.
I don't think he should lose his job over it, just his position.
And I know some people will say "what if" he killed someone, he should lose his job. You can say "what if" to anything, it's not a strong argument.

YeLLowBoaT
06-30-2006, 03:23 PM
He should lose his job. He was driving a "company" car at the time. Not only that he wrecked it. "Your fired." No ifs, ands or buts. Heres your check.

hoolign
06-30-2006, 03:33 PM
This is no joke. The officer in charge of Utah's anti drunk driving force was arrested after crashing his patrol car into a freeway median. A blood test revealed his blood alcohol was twice the legal limit. He is a 15 yr veteran of the Utah Highway Patrol. What a dumbass!
You know what would liven up this thread...If the Cops last name was Hasselhofff...and he was gay!
:crossx:

hoolign
06-30-2006, 03:37 PM
He should lose his job. He was driving a "company" car at the time. Not only that he wrecked it. "Your fired." No ifs, ands or buts. Heres your check.
ya got that goddamn right! except make him pay for the damn car! If you work for any company and drive their vehicles drunk ..get caught ..EL PUNTO! nevermind the fact that they are supposed to be the ones upholding the law...skid the prick!

77charger
06-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Big deal just hope he doesnt get off easy for being a cop as long as he is punished as a normal citizen would be all is fine.

ratso
07-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Screw the bastard. Too many of those phucks think they are above the law... :mad:

CBadDad
07-01-2006, 06:28 PM
**** him. Can his ass.
Driving drunk AND crashing a city vehicle.
Adios muchacho!

HocusPocus
07-01-2006, 07:39 PM
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - The commander of the Utah Highway Patrol's drunken driving unit resigned Friday, a week after being cited for driving under the influence.
Lt. Fred Swain crashed his cruiser into a concrete barrier after veering off the shoulder of a highway on June 21. He turned in his resignation Friday.
"We understand that people in this state, in this country, should be shocked over something like this because they certainly were," patrol Col. Scott Duncan said at a news conference. "They should be angry. This is a violation of public trust. They should feel betrayed. And I don't know if they'll feel embarrassed, but we certainly are."
Swain was cited after crashing in Draper, about 20 miles south of Salt Lake City. Police said his blood-alcohol level was nearly 0.12 percent; Utah's legal limit is 0.08 percent. He had been on administrative leave since the accident.
looks like he decided to leave on his own.

CBadDad
07-02-2006, 11:44 AM
looks like he decided to leave on his own.
Probably to save his retirement.

YeLLowBoaT
07-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Probably to save his retirement.
That would be my guess as well.

RitcheyRch
07-02-2006, 11:50 AM
I'll second that.
Screw the bastard. Too many of those phucks think they are above the law... :mad:

Jrocket
07-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Big deal just hope he doesnt get off easy for being a cop as long as he is punished as a normal citizen would be all is fine.
He should be punished worse than an everyday citizen,he was a sworn in law officer in a state patrol car when it happend.He is supposed to be the law enforcer not the law breaker.

Jrocket
07-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Examples like this put a stain on all LEO's that do their utmost and give everything they've got AND I, for the life of me, can't understand why they tolerate this crap in their ranks. I'd think they'd be more vocal than us subjects.
JMHO
Rio
I cant either Rio,its just amazing how the bad get let off the hook and the good ones dont get enough praise for what they do.
I know of a CHP that was beating his wife,when she fianlly had enough and turned him in they all got together and the top of command said if she was too press charges that he would lose his job and she wouldnt be entitled to any of his pension or benefits.The bad part is that she was raised in a belief that you only marry once and you are too support and ebey your husband.She told me that she would of pressed charges but she needed the benefits for thier kids and wanted to get part of his pension in the end.The guy is real shmuck too,little guy with big guy cop syndrome,really doesnt deserve to be in such a profession.I have the utmost respect for all LEO's,right down to the state campus cops,but how can a person not get a negative feeling towards LEO's when they can dodge the justice system and come out with pay in the end.

NuckinFutz
07-02-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm not going to say alot here, but he is done with the UHP, he did not have enough time to retire and being prosecuted is up to the Attorney's, but I'm sure it won't slip away under the carpet. My guess is he will plead guilty and try to move on with his life.

centerhill condor
07-03-2006, 03:23 AM
my bet is that he didn't get caught the first time! Joe Case was our chief of police many years ago and something to the effect of " our biggest problem is that we have to recruit from the human race".
about 10 yago a mpd sgt was dui in the cruiser on duty! there but for the grace of god go I!
:220v: