PDA

View Full Version : An easy one

shagmebabe
06-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Ive worked on race SB Chevys for years but not much on boats. Im changing my heads this weekend and have never adjusted valves with hydraullic lifters.
What is the proper and easiest way to go ????

YeLLowBoaT
06-30-2006, 04:12 PM
move the cylinder to TDC( both valves will be closed) zero lash plus about a Quater turn.

shagmebabe
06-30-2006, 04:24 PM
No Brainer ( good for me ) Thanks YB !

SUI-CY-COLE
06-30-2006, 05:35 PM
you have worked on race small bock chevys your whole life and never had adjusted a hydraulic lifter????...then tell me how would you go about adjusting a shubuck solid roller lifter on a roller cam.....in a drag racing application.. :)

shagmebabe
07-01-2006, 05:15 AM
you have worked on race small bock chevys your whole life and never had adjusted a hydraulic lifter????...then tell me how would you go about adjusting a shubuck solid roller lifter on a roller cam.....in a drag racing application.. :)
I raced modified IMCA on Alky for over 10 years and all I ever ran was solid lifter cams. BUT I have never worked on a hydraulic lifter cam. I just needed some help so quit being a smart a$$.

lilrick
07-01-2006, 06:21 AM
I raced modified IMCA on Alky for over 10 years and all I ever ran was solid lifter cams. BUT I have never worked on a hydraulic lifter cam. I just needed some help so quit being a smart a$$.
hay Shag, I was in the same situation last year. Don't let the other guy get you down. He is not representitive of the other people in here.

lilrick
07-01-2006, 06:23 AM
I own two race boats and I did not know how to adjust a hydraulic lifter until just last year!:devil:

PETEROC
07-01-2006, 06:24 AM
I've always done 3/4 of a turn. Don't like noise in cars, trucks.

Cheap Thrills
07-01-2006, 07:07 AM
I've always done 3/4 of a turn. Don't like noise in cars, trucks.
Me too on a set of new lifters. If they have been filled already 1/4 to 1/2 turn past zero lash. I have adjusted them running too. back em off untill you hear it chatter then tighten until it quits +1/4 quite messy though.
SUI-CY-COLE the man asked for help, that's what the boards are all about.
If you don't have any positive input STFU. The Bench Racers forum is just a click away. :rolleyes:
C.T. :wink:

SUI-CY-COLE
07-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Me too on a set of new lifters. If they have been filled already 1/4 to 1/2 turn past zero lash. I have adjusted them running too. back em off untill you hear it chatter then tighten until it quits +1/4 quite messy though.
SUI-CY-COLE the man asked for help, that's what the boards are all about.
If you don't have any positive input STFU. The Bench Racers forum is just a click away. :rolleyes:
oh im giving him a hard time......so stfu! :yuk:

GofastRacer
07-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Ive worked on race SB Chevys for years but not much on boats. Im changing my heads this weekend and have never adjusted valves with hydraullic lifters.
What is the proper and easiest way to go ????
Same way as you would a solid lifter E/O-I/C, just set them to 0 lash then 1/2-3/4 additional turn. If it's a high rpm deal use a 1/4 turn, just enough to keep the plunger off the seat!..

Cheap Thrills
07-01-2006, 01:44 PM
oh im giving him a hard time......so stfu! :yuk:
Nice comeback I bet you sat at your keyboard for an hour with your lip quivering and your fingers twitching comming up with that one. :D

Cheap Thrills
07-01-2006, 08:14 PM
CT, are you trying for MY title of #1 ahole on this website? You gonna havta get in line behind Jordy and quite a few others before you're even in contention. By the way, I was sorta wondering the same thing as SUI-CY-COLE. So there! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
Rio
No Rio you know I can't compete with the true masters like you and Jordy.
I was just trying to get a little practice in sir. :D

Blown 472
07-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Chiveys suck.

Cheap Thrills
07-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Just makin sure CT. LOL Carry on.
By the way (my manners are sad) how you doin?
Rio
Don't worry about the manners Rio it's all good.
I'm doing like I've always been doin it . With a leg up and an arm out. J/K :D
Doing fine as frogs hair split four ways. Thanks for asking. And you ?