PDA

View Full Version : Domn8er Boats ?

fasthtm
06-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Just got back from Havasu tonite after being there all week. Water level on the river was very high went to AVI on Wednesday no problems. While we were there we took a look at a Domn8er boat. Does any have any info on them ? Any input good or bad would be great, thanks.

al cole'holic
06-30-2006, 08:54 PM
..I dont think they do a damn thing in house, but I hear the big V is a nice hull..! :D

cc322
07-01-2006, 05:36 AM
..I dont think they do a damn thing in house, but I hear the big V is a nice hull..! :D
If the builder is not doing in house work and subs everything out who oversees the QC? I would not think that is a very good way to produce a custom product. In fact my first boat was built this way and had nothing but problems. Shop different builders and see what and how they put together a boat and who is building it. You will find out that the ones that are a little more expensive, are worth it IMO

Partycattin
07-01-2006, 08:05 AM
A friend talked with one of the owners in the channel. Guess the guy used to do some work for some of the builders as far as gelcoat and layups go.
It sounded like Cheetah used to "sub out" some of their work to the guys that eventually started Domin8tor. Their boats look good.

cc322
07-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Dori is the owner, he use to operate Chettah boats of upland.

Havasu Luvr
07-01-2006, 08:44 AM
So, it's ok to have sub-contractors do all the work as long as it's done in your building???? :rolleyes: I guess when Ultra use to have sub's do the work on his boats outside of his facility that was not a good thing either?
Dori's Dominator is a quality boat. He's out in LHC quite often and would more then glad to answer any of your question and/or give a demo

al cole'holic
07-01-2006, 09:20 AM
I didn't mean my comment in any way as a negative, just a statement...

nyeti
07-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Gee, when I bought mine I watched everything except the engine getting dropped in, done in house with all Domn8er employees......I guess that's not enough. The hull was done at Lynch boats (co-owner of Domn8er), contrary to all the net rumor, the hull is not a "pick the brand" bottom. Domn8er builds a very big, heavy well built boat, which is what I wanted to drag my wife and kid around LH. Tons of storage, well thought out, plenty of power and Dory was great to deal with. The upholstery (which I watched being sewn at the shop) is great. The biggest problem I had was with some Bimini rigging, which has been corrected with no cost to me (I had a very early boat with a 14" Bimini top). Overall, I love mine.