PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else sitting this weekend out?

DEMOMAN
07-01-2006, 04:49 AM
Who else is staying home this weekend? We are heading out to havi on the 6th.
Do you think next weekend might be mellow?

cc322
07-01-2006, 05:15 AM
We are sitting this one out as well. Havi is busy enough on a normal weekend let alone a holiday weekend. We just got back last sun and it was nice so next weekend should be a little better as well. I am stocked up on Capt Morgans, Grey Goose and Coors Light, not to mention my wife just bought crab legs for 9.99 lb so my back yard is as far as I go :)

bordsmnj
07-01-2006, 05:20 AM
getting ready to pull some weeds over here. :rolleyes:

BOBALOO
07-01-2006, 05:54 AM
getting ready to smoke some weed over here. :sqeyes:
WHAT! :eek: Just kidding with you Jason.
We are staying home this weekend also. Gonna burn some meat and stay plenty hydrated hanging out with the neighbors.

RitcheyRch
07-01-2006, 06:24 AM
Staying home to avoid the huge crowds and also having a wedding at my house.

lilrick
07-01-2006, 06:26 AM
I'm working this weekend! :rolleyes:

UnionJack
07-01-2006, 06:54 AM
going up sunday night, for the week

HocusPocus
07-01-2006, 07:05 AM
i have a 4 day weekend and im not leaving home.. and im especially not going to the river. i know not everyone has the option of taking weekday trips and others look forward to the madness at the river during the big weekends but its not for me. we will be heading up to Havi a couple weeks after the holiday for our much quieter sunday-thursday trips :)

JetBoatRich
07-01-2006, 07:23 AM
not exactl sitting it out :rolleyes: we ahev plenty to do around home :rolleyes: then get the RV ready for next weekend :cool:

Benjhamina
07-01-2006, 07:33 AM
Sitting out only because my water pump crapped out on me yesterday. I am so depressed I may just pull it to the ramp, park and sit in it till I am drunk and sunburned.........
Anybody know somewone who can do a water pump today in the HB area?

JetBoatRich
07-01-2006, 07:46 AM
I did mine own last month :cool:

thom
07-01-2006, 07:50 AM
staying home... got a little bottle rocket to shoot off later but thats it.... might head out to castaic tomorrow

Devil's Advocate
07-01-2006, 08:02 AM
Yep :squiggle:

River918
07-01-2006, 08:27 AM
Guarding the couch and pool this weekend.....Won't be back out to Havi 'til July 20th to 23....

luvnhavsu
07-01-2006, 08:41 AM
Well I live in Havasu and was on the water yesterday and getting ready to head out again. If it wasnt for family and friends being down I would be staying at home. It was nice yesterday until 12:00 noon then all the boats started filling up the channel so many boater and not enough room in the channel. Its looks like its going to be a mad :argue: house so many young and I mean young kids and there 150,000 to 200,000 dollar boats I have nothing against them but can any one tell me what these kids do to afford boats like that LOL ? We got the boat out there but it will be sitting the whole weekend to many boats and wave runners to be driving around I will do that on a weekday but anyways your not missing a whole lot just a mad house on the lake hope all has a great holiday and a very very safe one at that :) .

UnionJack
07-01-2006, 08:50 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2423DSC_0016.JPG
I am going to stay at home this weekend but sunday night I pick her up, and then off to the lake.

blackcloud75
07-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Working the OT this weekend.......too many people at da' zoo

River918
07-01-2006, 08:53 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2423DSC_0016.JPG
I am going to stay at home this weekend but sunday night I pick her up, and then off to the lake.
That is one sweet ride....it turned out beautiful

Jesster
07-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Home this weekend, but will be out from the 6th to the 16th for a long one. Too many Peeps out there for the family to be safe I think. But would like to see the fireworks show. Oh well, maybe when the kids are older.

CBadDad
07-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Working a 72 this weekend.
Will be heading out on the 6th for Havasu and reutrning on the 10th.
I don't dig the crowded hloiday weekends anymore.

OCMerrill
07-01-2006, 11:01 AM
We just got back from 5 days in parker. My sister got married at the Bluewater and we boated all days. Got my short time fill.
Big weekends just aren't my thing anymore.
This is why we go every weekend in October! Opps- I mean October at the river sucks.

chub
07-01-2006, 11:09 AM
I worked 13 yesterday and prolly 12 at time and a half today then three days off getting paid for two of them. Try and go next weekend to da river.

JustDawn
07-01-2006, 11:13 AM
...Staying home...Watching Daytona tonight under the lights....
Next week(thur. thru sun.)1036 mile round trip to Havasu,cannot wait!
...looks like a lot of HB people gonna be there next weekend.(PlayDeep)

Flyinbowtie
07-01-2006, 11:21 AM
We hit our local lake yesterday, and got the heck home and had the boat put away by 6 pm.
The lake was great until about 4pm.
Then the parade of, ahhh, tourists, from the ahhh, urban areas began arriving in the "mountains" to go, "camping" in the "woods". Whenever the people who live in the "mountains" see people arriving in massive herds to go "camping", the people who live in the "mountains" hide out at home until all of the "tourists" get the hell out of here....There are some negatives associated with living somewhere that ya gotta hide out at home everytime a 3 day weekend rolls around.

76ANTHONY
07-01-2006, 11:42 AM
yep, workin today then im off till wens.... :)

6 Dollar Boat
07-01-2006, 11:47 AM
I just finished putting some sprinklers in the backyard. Now it's 101*, so I called it quits......
I'll be in Havasu the 9th - 15th. I don't think I'll have to fight with any crowds... :D :D :D

THOR
07-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Just hangin at the house and bbq'ing.

Ultra Lounge
07-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Sitting this one out and getting the boat ready for Lake Powell in 2 weeks with 6 other boats full of geat friends... Day tripping it from Wahweap!

Hardly Satisfied
07-01-2006, 12:05 PM
finished cutting the grass going to work tonight for some OT

Coach
07-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Going out next weekend. Trying to avoid all the idiots this weekend. Just swimming with the kids, drinkng beer, and BBQ. Damn I have a tough life this weekend :D :D

77charger
07-01-2006, 12:52 PM
At home ripping up tile.I guess i am gettin old only 34 but dont care for the big weekends anymore sittin in traffic for 7 hours to get to river waiting in line for hours to launch,get into a bar buy 10 dollar beer.etc,
Been there 10-13 years ago (and here and there thru out)and had fun but the scenery on a holiday weekend cant be beat probably the only reason worth going for just to many potential probs with todays boaters,people.Us eto be able to get to bridge at 11am and find a spot to park sand bar was family friendly(boring in my days)Now everyone is saving a spot for their friends to go and make runs and play for hours to come back to reserved parking,sandbar closed,whatever happend to first come first served.Last big weekend i was there i was parked a guy pulled up asked if it was ok to park next to me i told him go ahead there aint no one there and i dont believe in save a spot go play.I got a beer out of it :) said he tried in a few places but no luck.
All those out there enjoy it cause you will say the same in the future

Holland
07-01-2006, 01:17 PM
I am at work gettin a few things done. THis is usually one of the weekends that have the ..... bad .... posts. Whether it is from a horrific accident, or one HB board member sleeping with another HB board members "Other..." :argue:
Too much drama out there on these long weekends. I banked a few days off for next weekend.
Anyone in mead next weekend???

Holland
07-01-2006, 01:18 PM
At home ripping up tile.I guess i am gettin old only 34 but dont care for the big weekends anymore sittin in traffic for 7 hours to get to river waiting in line for hours to launch,get into a bar buy 10 dollar beer.etc,
Been there 10-13 years ago (and here and there thru out)and had fun but the scenery on a holiday weekend cant be beat probably the only reason worth going for just to many potential probs with todays boaters,people.Us eto be able to get to bridge at 11am and find a spot to park sand bar was family friendly(boring in my days)Now everyone is saving a spot for their friends to go and make runs and play for hours to come back to reserved parking,sandbar closed,whatever happend to first come first served.Last big weekend i was there i was parked a guy pulled up asked if it was ok to park next to me i told him go ahead there aint no one there and i dont believe in save a spot go play.I got a beer out of it :) said he tried in a few places but no luck.
All those out there enjoy it cause you will say the same in the future
...........................Exactly................ ...........

DEMOMAN
07-01-2006, 01:43 PM
It is kind of funny how when we were young and dumb we would'nt miss any big weekends. I wonder if we were the "idiots" that we try to avoid now.

DJ Sound Technique
07-01-2006, 01:46 PM
going up sunday night, for the week
ditto I hope this is not everyone elses plan too! :cry:

OCMerrill
07-01-2006, 01:53 PM
It is kind of funny how when we were young and dumb we would'nt miss any big weekends. I wonder if we were the "idiots" that we try to avoid now.
Nailed it. Now I am 40 with two small kids and I know how I used to be 20+ years ago.
I am taking a break but soon to be back at "Buffing" the boat out. A bit of detailing per see. I am boating in my driveway. Bimini is up, beer is out, not a bad day at all. Stereo is on...its thumpin, no ramps. I can do it.
I will be back on the water in two weeks though.

djunkie
07-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Working saturday, sunday, monday, and tuesday. Leaving for the river on thursday for the Howard regatta. :rollside:

thom
07-01-2006, 02:42 PM
for all of us sitting home this weekend its 3:42 its time to rattle some ice cubes.. i think im going to try and drown the little bastards with whiskey

Newcastle
07-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Just got back this morning from the zoo. Y'all can have the weekend, I enjoyed the 105-110 degree Thurs and Fri. Good luck and be safe for those that roll.

77charger
07-01-2006, 03:59 PM
i think the same but in our older age probably not!!Times have changed and so have the egos but i am sure we were worse than our elders too.

Riomouse911
07-02-2006, 06:20 PM
I believe Jimmy Buffet sang, "We are the people our parents warned us about".. might be true.
I won't go to Home Depot on a holiday weekend, much less the river. I made sure the pool never got over 84 degs, and the silver bullets never got over 40 degs.
We'll be at Moabi; Penninsula 9 (I believe) on the 7th to the 10th.

Throttle
07-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Working the OT this weekend.......too many people at da' zoo
ditto :rollside:

BajaMike
07-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Home all weekend, walk to the harbor, they launch the boat on the hoist, boat every day, pull in the slip at night and watch the fireworks on tuesday....no traffic jams at all....
Just visit my buddies on the water.... :idea:
Hope it stays nice and warm....:D

LOWRIVER2
07-03-2006, 04:11 AM
Was in Parker Wed-Fri.
Maximum Deployment 1-4th.
Gotta deal with the animals in the Los Angeles "Zoo" .

MayDaze
07-03-2006, 06:14 AM
Very true...