View Full Version : Blower Ratio Change

novaz
07-01-2006, 08:57 AM
I currently run a stage 2 6-71 at 11% underdriven
street car mid 10s
would it be worthwhile changing pulleys and belt to make it 1:1
how much extra would this gain
motor is a perfomer rpm equipped 350sbc with pro-systems carb
I have a 250 plate system also but would prefer to only use it when needed ie last 300ft in a 1/4,
I run a msd-6-btm module and wonder if this will control the extra boost burning C16.
Thanks guys

FASTRAT
07-01-2006, 11:10 AM
I currently run a stage 2 6-71 at 11% underdriven
street car mid 10s
would it be worthwhile changing pulleys and belt to make it 1:1
how much extra would this gain
motor is a perfomer rpm equipped 350sbc with pro-systems carb
I have a 250 plate system also but would prefer to only use it when needed ie last 300ft in a 1/4,
I run a msd-6-btm module and wonder if this will control the extra boost burning C16.
Thanks guys
it would be a significant gain in HP...if the motor is built strong enough, it should handle it with n/p...if the car is a daily driver, i personally wouldnt go much more than that for longevity purposes!...u only need to chng 1 pulley to make 1:1 & ur present belt may work...match whichever pulley (top or bot) will allow the belt u have to work...just my .02 cents
fastrat

Bobby Knight
07-01-2006, 12:31 PM
I see your running great fuel, but whats your compression ratio. Changing by 10% is a big change. How much boost are you currently making? If you go to www.blowerdriveservice you can look at their chart and see what your final cr will be with the applied boost. You may be surprised how much the final compression changes with such small boost changes, especially if you have a relatively high (for a blower motor) static cr.. To answer your question YES IT WILL MAKE A SUBSTANTIAL DIFFERENCE. Steve

Bobby Knight
07-01-2006, 12:33 PM
nos and blowers can work together like an intercooler, to cool off the charge and give big hp gains. Just make sure you have LOTS OF FUEL.

novaz
07-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys
my motor comp is 9.0:1 and around 5# boost so total comp is approx 12.0:1
I was thinking that I would get it up around 10# boost and use methanol/water spray, motor runs really well even on street gas + booster so the c16 should still be able to cover the increase plus I am running my Distrib locked out with 38* timing, other than that my thoughts were perhaps alcohol but thats a whole bundle of replumbing and more maintenance.

Bobby Knight
07-01-2006, 10:29 PM
I love the water/alky. I built a sweet system for my last flat. Veryveryvery simple and effective. Looked cool too. 38 degrees is a fair amount of advance for this.

blowngas
07-04-2006, 04:22 PM
locked out with 38* timing
even with 116 fuel, you only want to 34 degrees with a lock rotor----use a starter retard deal if it gets hard to start