PDA

View Full Version : Your Not Gonna Believe This!

MONEYFURNOTHIN
07-01-2006, 08:33 PM
I got a ticket today for being to loud in the refuge area............... with my WHAKER! You have to be focking joking me!

Havasu_Dreamin
07-01-2006, 08:39 PM
This is the reply that I got from the Refuge Manager when I asked him about the new no wake zone at Devils Elbow back in May:
Hi Scott,
You are one of many individuals who recently have had questions regarding boat use on Havasu NWR. Your presumptions are correct; Havasu NWR manages he waters of the Colorado River within Topock Gorge (The following areas of the lake and river are part of the refuge: the Arizona portions of the lake and shoreline from Lake Havasu State Park at Windsor Beach north to the river entrance near of Catfish Bay, all of the river and both shorelines (Arizona and California) to about the I-40 bridge, and the Arizona portion of the river and shoreline for 10 miles north of the I-40 bridge). We are establishing the No Wake zone in Devil's Elbow. We are one of many law enforcement agencies that enforce laws on the refuge. I don't expect that you will see an increase in U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service law enforcement patrols. The gorge has been part of the refuge (and as such, patrolled by refuge officers) since the refuge's establishment in the early 40s. We have always patrolled the river and will continue.
National wildlife refuges are unique areas that have purposes and protections different from most other types of public lands and waters. We must ensure that all public use activities are safe and compatible with the purposes of the refuge. With this in mind, I will try to answer your questions...
- Any activity creating noise at extreme volumes is disturbing to wildlife and reduces the value of the refuge to wildlife (and visitors). The noise created by many of the boats traveling through the refuge is extreme and their use is incompatible with the purposes of the refuge. As to the definition of loud, National Wildlife Refuge regulations are provided in 50 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations; available on-line). Disturbing with vehicles regulations are provided at 50 CFR 27.21(e)(1). This section does not indicate a specific decibel level that is considered too loud; it states simply a vehicle that produces unusual or excessive noise... is prohibited. Refuge officers typically refer to state noise regulations for guidance. Most boats we have stopped for excessive noise are in very clear violation of state law. If you comply with Arizona and/or California law,
you will be O.K. on the refuge in most instances. Also, 50 CFR 27.21(e)(1)
requires that every vehicle operated on a national wildlife refuge be equipped with a muffling device that cannot be bypassed.
- We are establishing another No Wake zone. This area, located just upstream of Lake Havasu on the Arizona side, does not include any of the main channel and is intended to protect backwater marsh habitat.
- National Wildlife Refuge rules/regulations will be applied to all users.
I hope this answers your questions. Please feel free to contact the refuge anytime, we appreciate your interest.
John Earle
Refuge Manager
Havasu National Wildlife Refuge
PO Box 3009
Needles, California 92363
(760) 326-3853

Acommanderguy
07-01-2006, 08:41 PM
its true I was just pulling up when he was getting pulled over! I couldn't believe it.

Kilrtoy
07-01-2006, 09:53 PM
No F****** WAY BRIAN....
And to think Im louder than you with two of them....
Guess Iwont head up that way...
THAT IS TOTAL B.S. You cant even hear those things

jbtrailerjim
07-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Unf*cking real....You would think they would have more important things to be doing than handing out excessive noise tickets. :rolleyes:

25dic
07-01-2006, 10:23 PM
I believe I have heard it all, at least the Bam Bam I know did not get hooked on duece, on top of it. So I guess you were laying low like you said. If they popped you they can pretty much pop anyone going through Topock anytime they want. Boats do not get much more quiet than outboards, I may have to take back the exhaust that sounds good but goes slower than my stock. See you when you get home.

phebus
07-01-2006, 10:26 PM
They should give all whackers a ticket just for being whackers. Fockin whackers!! Did you hear that Kilrtoy :D Ha Ha Ha , just kiddin :rollside:

25dic
07-01-2006, 10:30 PM
Hey Bam Bam if you are posting you are not tearing up the town, you could have stayed in town and partied it up with the G and V's Fam Dams, good race. I'd still rather be up with you.

BoatFloating
07-01-2006, 11:31 PM
No F****** WAY BRIAN....
And to think Im louder than you with two of them....
Guess Iwont head up that way...
THAT IS TOTAL B.S. You cant even hear those things
Two motors aren't any louder than one..... Intresting fact I learned when 3DO was getting his noise ticket at Powell. 1 motor running 110db 2 motors running 110db... :idea:

RiverRatMike
07-02-2006, 01:08 AM
I got a ticket today for being to loud in the refuge area............... with my WHAKER! You have to be focking joking me!
I head that call come in on the police scanner today, now I know all your personal information. :)

Hardly Satisfied
07-02-2006, 02:15 AM
Thats sucks :cry:

Dan Lorenze
07-02-2006, 03:04 AM
That's BS.........

shueman
07-02-2006, 04:43 AM
Where were you...?? Off the main channel..??

chub
07-02-2006, 06:16 AM
Where were you...?? Off the main channel..??
DING! where exactly were you. How the fock do LEO explain this one??? Anybody here wanna represent for this BS. Sorry I fully respect LEO always but if he was main river channel cruising an got this citation, we need to full on assault the tree hugging fags that are ruining my way of life!
Sorry rant over but am I the only one that finds this very troubling?????

shueman
07-02-2006, 06:53 AM
....As to the definition of loud, National Wildlife Refuge regulations are provided in 50 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations; available on-line)...This section does not indicate a specific decibel level that is considered too loud; it states simply a vehicle that produces unusual or excessive noise... is prohibited...
Looks like a pretty subjective new policy to me...

DEMOMAN
07-02-2006, 07:02 AM
What kind of power was the LE boat running? I wonder if they meet the noise requirements. :idea:

sleekcraft137
07-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Were you yelling really loud or something???? WTF???

bordsmnj
07-02-2006, 08:42 AM
i wouldn't even stop.
unless they put a big no wake zone in that they can use to stop me.hmmmm.
it sickens me to read this. sounds like Glamis all over again.
when are they just gonna outlaw "performance" boating and just declare havasu a retirement community.

Phat Matt
07-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Two motors aren't any louder than one..... Intresting fact I learned when 3DO was getting his noise ticket at Powell. 1 motor running 110db 2 motors running 110db... :idea:
So one subwoofer is just as loud as two? C'mon Rock, you know better than that. :)
Maybe it was the monkey with the db meter. :D

Phat Matt
07-02-2006, 08:58 AM
Where were they when boats were jamming through the no wake zone (AZ side across from mini sandbar) and the PWC's were hauling through there as well which is also now a no PWC zone?

Bre
07-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Sorry to hear that Bryan ... hope it didn't ruin your weekend. Have fun :boxed:

caroftheweek
07-03-2006, 07:13 AM
Exssesive noise tickets = $$$$$ maker

shueman
07-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Where were they when boats were jamming through the no wake zone (AZ side across from mini sandbar) and the PWC's were hauling through there as well which is also now a no PWC zone?
Sounds like many were unaware of the changes in the Refuge....did they hand out flyers at the marinas or have it posted...??

BoatFloating
07-03-2006, 09:44 AM
So one subwoofer is just as loud as two? C'mon Rock, you know better than that. :)
Maybe it was the monkey with the db meter. :D
Uh!!! I was there and read it myself 1 motor running 110db 2 motors running 110db...... :yuk: :)

MONEYFURNOTHIN
07-04-2006, 01:41 AM
DING! where exactly were you. How the fock do LEO explain this one??? Anybody here wanna represent for this BS. Sorry I fully respect LEO always but if he was main river channel cruising an got this citation, we need to full on assault the tree hugging fags that are ruining my way of life!
Sorry rant over but am I the only one that finds this very troubling?????
I was on the main channel in between the lower sandbar and the main sandbar. He said i was 94db at 100feet. He told me if i left my motor stock i would not be having this problem. I laughed and told him its completely stock. Funny thing is there patrol boat had twin whackers on it? How does his pass and mine doesnt? I cant win for losing.

Beer-30
07-04-2006, 03:34 AM
Maybe your wake was crashing against the shore when they tested. I think that would be louder.

Propster
07-04-2006, 07:07 AM
This is the part that bothers me. They get to decide how loud is too loud.
As to the definition of loud, National Wildlife Refuge regulations are provided in 50 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations; available on-line). Disturbing with vehicles regulations are provided at 50 CFR 27.21(e)(1). This section does not indicate a specific decibel level that is considered too loud; it states simply a vehicle that produces unusual or excessive noise... is prohibited.

GLWBEAR
07-04-2006, 07:42 AM
No Noise laws, 93 Octane fuel at $2.56@ NO Cops on the Lake! The only problem is too many wake boarders and jet skiis and Pontoon boats on the Weekends, so we boat Monday-Friday and leave the assholes to run into themselves on the weekends!
We had enough of California and got out last year! No illegals, no smog, no cops on the water. Cheap gas!
GLWBEAR :cool: