PDA

View Full Version : Tahit Owners

Tahiti21
07-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Was wondering if your entire HIN # is on the capacity plate?
Also, if the Numbers are stamped somewhere else on the boat? Can't find them anywhere else, either. This is a '78 21' Tahiti, Model # 21 B.C.
The local Sheriff and Oregon State Marine Board are giving me grief over only being able to find 5 numbers for the HIN. Now, I got this boat with an OREGON title with 5 HIN numbers and the last registration sticker expired 12/04. Now, they don't want to issue a new title or reg. bacause they can only find 5 HIN numbers. (The Sherriff was also alittle bit of an ### because the title says 21' and he measured 21' 6")

DelawareDave
07-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Should be upper right corner of the transom, just below the rub rail. In this "example", there is a light colored rectangle, next to 2 small holes, right side.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3062Hull24.JPG

Oldsquirt
07-02-2006, 05:49 PM
I still have Coast Gaurd plate from my old Tahiti. On the line for "H.I.N. NO." it has "18 Tahiti Jet"( the model) scratched into the plate followed by the first 5 digits of the serial number, which was stamped in. The full HIN was TAH followed by the 5 digit serial# followed by the month and year of production, in my case "0474" to indicate April of 1974.
Like Delaware Dave said, the full HIN should be molded into the hull on the right side of the transom. If your boat has been repainted the number may have been filled in.