PDA

View Full Version : Today's Mach 1 GPS Results At Modesto Res

BAE_557
07-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Mach 1 GPS Results (http://www.banderlog.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3777)

Goober
07-02-2006, 11:20 PM
good god 141MPH If you would have passed me i would have crapped my self.

Floored
07-03-2006, 04:46 AM
Way cool BAE, What are you shooting for and when do you need a capsule. Or is it still just a ski boat? Congrats, stay safe.

flat broke
07-03-2006, 08:35 AM
What's the update speed on your GPS? Odds are, you were going faster than 141 when you lifted. I don't know if your goal was speed or et, but if it was speed, get someone with a radar gun to help out.
Chris

BUSBY
07-03-2006, 09:10 AM
you need a capsule IMO, and definately if you plan on running w/ NJBA ... congrats.
Brian

jweeks123
07-03-2006, 10:20 AM
you are one brave sob!
jw

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2006, 11:27 AM
nice;) Now its hunting season. Gotta go and hunt down the props:Dnow;);)

HBjet
07-03-2006, 12:22 PM
WOW... Take that thing to 6th Street!!!
Congrats!
HBjet

bp
07-03-2006, 01:00 PM
you need a capsule IMO, and definately if you plan on running w/ NJBA ... congrats.
Brian
why? it's within the rules as an open boat.

MikeF
07-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Trying to get my head around 4 seconds and 141!!! Sick for sure!

steelcomp
07-03-2006, 04:29 PM
why? it's within the rules as an open boat.At 141 in 4 secs?? How can you figure??

promod
07-03-2006, 06:30 PM
good job 557 be safe brothra put up some pics when ya get time what's the next goal

bp
07-03-2006, 09:06 PM
At 141 in 4 secs?? How can you figure??
first, the rule is over 145. second, are you sure it's 141 in 4 seconds? third, if it's a FULL 4 seconds, it's not gonna gain much more. some, but it's impossible to say how much more. when we ran the biz, that thing was always at 124 and change at the eighth, in 4.15-4.2. almost always ran 130-132. so, in this case, it's not really possible to say it WILL go over the capsule limit before it's done on the course.
point is, until it's gone over 145 in the quarter, it's legal. so, to say he can't run it without a capsule is not fair, or giving him an opportunity to run. it's a mod v, so it's a heckuva lot safer at that speed than a daytona with a blower motor in it. :cool:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Is that 4 seconds in the 1/8 or quarter?? Im thinking 1/8th but want to be sure;)

dmontzsta
07-03-2006, 10:25 PM
nice;) Now its hunting season. Gotta go and hunt down the props:Dnow;);)
He would definately need to buy a capsule prop boat though, cause he would be doing 200mph with that mill. :D

steelcomp
07-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Just read the post on banderlog where he said he ran it for aobut 4 sec...I'm not sure of anything, except that you're right...141 is below the legal speed, no matter how long he held it. :D
Sounds pretty stout William...be careful.
Where's the video??first, the rule is over 145. second, are you sure it's 141 in 4 seconds? third, if it's a FULL 4 seconds, it's not gonna gain much more. some, but it's impossible to say how much more. when we ran the biz, that thing was always at 124 and change at the eighth, in 4.15-4.2. almost always ran 130-132. so, in this case, it's not really possible to say it WILL go over the capsule limit before it's done on the course.
point is, until it's gone over 145 in the quarter, it's legal. so, to say he can't run it without a capsule is not fair, or giving him an opportunity to run. it's a mod v, so it's a heckuva lot safer at that speed than a daytona with a blower motor in it. :cool:

BUSBY
07-04-2006, 11:03 AM
first, the rule is over 145. second, are you sure it's 141 in 4 seconds? third, if it's a FULL 4 seconds, it's not gonna gain much more. some, but it's impossible to say how much more. when we ran the biz, that thing was always at 124 and change at the eighth, in 4.15-4.2. almost always ran 130-132. so, in this case, it's not really possible to say it WILL go over the capsule limit before it's done on the course.
Bob ... I understand that he's under the legal limit, I said IMO ... and my opinion is that he will be touching if not surpassing the 145 mark if under power for another few seconds.
I would hate to have him come out and go over 145 on his first two passes and have to tell him that he couldn't run anymore until he's got a capsule.
I've been watching his build and I think it will go over the 145 mark. Again, I think he should start looking into a capsule if he's gonna race it ... but it's his build/boat ... so it's his call.
To set the record straight, I never said he couldn't run it w/ NJBA or that we would not give him the opportunity. I invite him to come run with us ... but having come that close to the MPH rule ... I think he'll go over with some more tuning ... that's all.
I think it's cool that he's getting it done! Just want him to be safe.
Brian

squirt
07-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Well I'd be willing to bet with that rush of HP and adrenaline his "count" of 4 is a little quicker than 4 sec's on the clocks or sitting at the comuputer. I too would love to see him on the clocks but it is his gig and I just hope I get a chance to see him reach his goal safely in person.
6th street :D :D :D gotta love it HB

BAE_557
07-05-2006, 06:22 AM
Thanks to all for the kind words, I really think that I should be able to reach my goal and complete the "Mach 1 Project" next time out.

BAE_557
07-05-2006, 06:26 AM
good job 557 be safe brothra put up some pics when ya get time what's the next goal
Here is a link, scroll to the end of the thread for current pics.
Mach 1 Project (http://www.banderlog.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2209)

bp
07-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Bob ... I understand that he's under the legal limit, I said IMO ... and my opinion is that he will be touching if not surpassing the 145 mark if under power for another few seconds.
Brian, i'm not going to agree or disagree, because... it's an unknown. is it possible? certainly. is it probable? we can always flip coins. i know of another boat who's owner felt it would be going 170 by now, but is still working out gremlins. it may eventually get there, but who can say when?
I would hate to have him come out and go over 145 on his first two passes and have to tell him that he couldn't run anymore until he's got a capsule.
i wouldn't, because this gives him the perfect opportunity to do what he's set out to do in the safest environment possible, with the best safety crew around. how many fuel motors have you seen burn down? probably plenty. i could name one guy that i've seen catch fire pretty much every time he goes down the track over the last 7 years, and that's just one guy. sometimes, both boats are on fire.
i think we're only doing our job, promoting this type of running in the safest environment possible, and providing that environment.
To set the record straight, I never said he couldn't run it w/ NJBA or that we would not give him the opportunity. I invite him to come run with us ... but having come that close to the MPH rule ... I think he'll go over with some more tuning ... that's all.
I think it's cool that he's getting it done! Just want him to be safe.
Brian
Brian, i think you implied that he couldn't, and as pres, that carries some weight. i appreciate your clarification because i think we should be encouraging people that have stuff like this to run where there is an appropriate level of safety provided, within our rules of course. if/when the rule is exceeded, then other decisions will need to be made. at least we have people watching the boat that know what to look for.
don, it's very difficult to say how long the count went, and it's doubtful anyone including william would ever really know. as an example, there's something i physically do to my boat on every pass, that i do by "count". with my data collection, i can see that sometimes i'm right on, sometimes i'm early and sometimes i'm a little late. but without the data collection, i'd never know for sure how long, and i'd think i was right on all the time.

BAE_557
07-06-2006, 09:07 AM
I have a data collection system onboard from Altronics, it is the Red Alert model. It collects and graphs information in a timed format for all 8 EGT's and engine RPM. The system can also warn on the display or with a remote indicator when any preset thresholds are surpassed. Unfortunately I was having starter issues in the water prior to the run and reset the main power and didn't put the system back in record mode. The graph would have showed how many seconds in .001 increments the engine was at 10k RPM as well as EGT temps throughout the run.

Bense468
07-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Nice work BAE. Stay safe.