PDA

View Full Version : Huge Favor!!

3 daytona`s
07-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Hey Gang,kid as close to me as a son, is in Iraq,was home until yesterday on a family tradegy.He`s very down, drives a Diesel transport for our troops.I`m thinking like a Bulls-Eye on him.I believe was very up-beat until being back here for 10 days reading B.S. in the papers etc.I know you people all have some one over there but a short note to someone who could die while you are enjoying the freedom he`s protecting.His E-Mail is Dieselman_84@yahoo.com. Such a simple little thing can do wonders it`s gross over there people.Let`s win this and you`re children or grandchildren can stay here. If this ain`t good Karma there is no good Karma. All have a wonderful safe 4th. Thanks

Outnumbered
07-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Hey Gang,kid as close to me as a son, is in Iraq,was home until yesterday on a family tradegy.He`s very down, drives a Diesel transport for our troops.I`m thinking like a Bulls-Eye on him.I believe was very up-beat until being back here for 10 days reading B.S. in the papers etc.I know you people all have some one over there but a short note to someone who could die while you are enjoying the freedom he`s protecting.His E-Mail is Dieselman_84@yahoo.com. Such a simple little thing can do wonders it`s gross over there people.Let`s win this and you`re children or grandchildren can stay here. If this ain`t good Karma there is no good Karma. All have a wonderful safe 4th. Thanks
Cool. What is his first name? I'll shoot him an e-mail. Does he know you are doing this?

3 daytona`s
07-02-2006, 11:37 PM
Hey thanks so much his name is Shawn I`m telling you this kid had EVERY opportunity to turn out pitiful.The guy came from a broken family,not great chance to suceed.He`s a mechanic from the get-go and would give you the shirt off his back and buy you another one.Just down about family deal ,but the press hurts our guys. He does not know I`m doing this but O.K. tell him Mark said was COOL!! Thanks Again Just one more thing I promise any of you out there if you met him would be PROUD to call him a friend at the least and believe most would be proud to call him your son.When I saw our soldiers funeral in Oregon yesterday,the picture of of the boots,the gun,the helmet---Sickening,sure made me think what this is all about. Outnumbered Thanks!!

Outnumbered
07-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Done, just sent him a e-mail.
Hope he is doing better soon.

Rexone
07-03-2006, 12:16 AM
I just sent an email off Mark. I wish the lame headline driven media would just stfu and report all the good things our guys are accomplishing in Iraq instead of just the latest death toll from the latest explosion or suicide bomber (which should be reported but is hardly the whole picture). The embedded reporting IMO is one of the lamest things our government has ever done. War is tough. A PC war with a camera pointed at your ass is next to impossible. In spite of that our guys are doing a great job and most of the good things they're accomplishing go largely unreported in favor of gore and hype.

Outnumbered
07-03-2006, 08:23 AM
I think this deserves a bump. Not too many people on the boards last night.

MagicMtnDan
07-03-2006, 08:31 AM
I'll send him an e-mail after I post this - last night on 60 Minutes they actually had a positive story about our troops in Iraq and how effective they were at taking a city back from the al Qaeda terrorists. It was suprising to see such a positive story on 60 Minutes.

Tremor Therapy
07-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Sent him a pm. You let him know that like all things, the majority is the silent hard working types, and since it isn't glamorous the press won't cover it! But my family definately supports him 100%!

3 daytona`s
07-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Thanks you all ,he`s just a scared young American doing his duty and wants to come home to a girlfriend and family in one piece.He did`t start this but agreed to the terms and will hold up his end of the deal. Have a great 4th.Maybe take a second tomorrow with friends and family to think of a bunch of young soldiers not having fun at the beach.

HocusPocus
07-03-2006, 10:02 AM
just sent a quick note to show my appreciation. :)

Drift
07-03-2006, 10:13 AM
It is sad to know that some of these guys have had to fight for so much in life. I just sent off a note to express our deepest gratitude and prayers.

drbones
07-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Hey...is this guy in the 3RD ID ??
My sons best friend over ..name is shawn..and he drives a fuel truck..
Can't be that small of a world..can it??
Hey thanks so much his name is Shawn I`m telling you this kid had EVERY opportunity to turn out pitiful.The guy came from a broken family,not great chance to suceed.He`s a mechanic from the get-go and would give you the shirt off his back and buy you another one.Just down about family deal ,but the press hurts our guys. He does not know I`m doing this but O.K. tell him Mark said was COOL!! Thanks Again Just one more thing I promise any of you out there if you met him would be PROUD to call him a friend at the least and believe most would be proud to call him your son.When I saw our soldiers funeral in Oregon yesterday,the picture of of the boots,the gun,the helmet---Sickening,sure made me think what this is all about. Outnumbered Thanks!!

shockwavebd
07-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Done..........

3 daytona`s
07-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Shawn just IM He was suprised and grateful for the words of support,little things are big deals for the guys. Thanks everyone :)

3 daytona`s
07-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Hey...is this guy in the 3RD ID ??
My sons best friend over ..name is shawn..and he drives a fuel truck..
Can't be that small of a world..can it??
He just told me He`s in the 101st airborne and 3rd coscom

Rexone
07-05-2006, 09:00 AM
I got a return email from Shawn. He was very appreciative of my message.
Bumping this, cmon guys send this guy a message. His world right now is about as far 180 from boating and partying as one could imagine. Our soldiers live for communication from home, and in some cases die or are injured for life battling for the freedoms we enjoy daily and for a large part take for granted in many cases.
Please take a couple minutes and send him some encouragement and support.
:)

Drift
07-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Bumping this, cmon guys send this guy a message. His world right now is about as far 180 from boating and partying as one could imagine. Our soldiers live for communication from home, and in some cases die or are injured for life battling for the freedoms we enjoy daily and for a large part take for granted in many cases.
Same here, got a nice letter back. Spend 5 minutes and send an email. Something so simple can mean sooo much.

3 daytona`s
07-05-2006, 09:46 AM
I talked to Shawn yesterday via internet phone,extremely down, was hoping to be transferred fron road fuel transport duty to shop foreman.I pray for this kid,has 6 months left.You`ll never know how happy he was to be suprised and supported by the ones who dropped him a note it does make a difference.Thanks to those who took the time.

XTRM22
07-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Just sent my email too, my nephew is doing Carrier duty aboard the Abraham Lincoln, and while they are primarily out of harms way I still email him every day to let him know how much he's appreciated and cared about.
Chuck

drbones
07-05-2006, 10:17 AM
He just told me He`s in the 101st airborne and 3rd coscom
Yea.. I just talked to our son... He said the 101 replaced them..when they started coming home...he said the Shawn he knows came home about 2 weeks after he did.. We will write this hero...just as if he was our own son...
After having a son in iraq.. we have a new outlook on life... everyone of these soliders are hero's in our eyes... and some leave as a boy and come back a man.. Be proud to know such a hero ..as a solider and a friend..
And we thank everyone of them... for fighting for our freedom.. ok..I have to stop...eyes are leaking... :)

3 daytona`s
07-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Yea.. I just talked to our son... He said the 101 replaced them..when they started coming home...he said the Shawn he knows came home about 2 weeks after he did.. We will write this hero...just as if he was our own son...
After having a son in iraq.. we have a new outlook on life... everyone of these soliders are hero's in our eyes... and some leave as a boy and come back a man.. Be proud to know such a hero ..as a solider and a friend..
And we thank everyone of them... for fighting for our freedom.. ok..I have to stop...eyes are leaking... :)
Thanks

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-05-2006, 10:34 AM
I just sent him an email too! :rollside:

Drift
07-05-2006, 10:34 AM
We are proud of your son too!! Glad to hear that he is home and safe. They truely are heros.

3 daytona`s
07-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Bump!!

3 daytona`s
07-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Over 500 views and only a handful to e-mailers, they do appreciate the support.May seem trivial but little things do help keep spirits up.

Sherpa
07-05-2006, 04:09 PM
gladly done!
--Sherpa
looking forward to hearing back from Shawn...

Old Man Havasu
07-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Just sent my e-mail to Shawn. Glad to help!

vmjtc3
07-05-2006, 06:30 PM
I just sent him an e-mail hope all is well with him. I also offered to send him a care package so as soon as he writes me back with the kinds of things he want's or need I will shipp it off to him if anyone wants to contribute let me know .................