PDA

View Full Version : Hallett jet

chev454
07-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Hi all. I just purchased my first Jet boat. Its a 1973 Hallett with 454. I took it out saturday and it seems to run great. I was wondering what rpm is safe for the 454. Does any one know anything about this particular boat? Is it normal not to have hooks for bumpers and tie off points? Should I keep it original? This seems like a great site. Thanks. Troy. :)

NautiTwins
07-03-2006, 07:32 AM
Hi all. I just purchased my first Jet boat. Its a 1973 Hallett with 454. I took it out saturday and it seems to run great. I was wondering what rpm is safe for the 454. Does any one know anything about this particular boat? Is it normal not to have hooks for bumpers and tie off points? Should I keep it original? This seems like a great site. Thanks. Troy. :)
Great looking boat. I would keep it just as it sits.
We tied off to the steering wheel and ski tow.

v-drive
07-03-2006, 08:24 AM
I get the same question from non boaters and really old timers all the time.
Leave it how it is and tie it off at the bow eye and the ski tow.
Old boats are cool

centerhill condor
07-03-2006, 08:49 AM
nice boat and welcome... the rpm question depends on what is in the engine. enjoy the ride! my guess is you won't be having any problems with stale gas!

chev454
07-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi, No on the stale gas. It has benn used recentlly and this motor was just put in from a chev siverado and has appx 20,000 miles on it. It has a high rise alum. intake holly double, water cooled pipes. I'm trying to find a manual for it to do maint. on the drive as I hear I need to add gear lube? The boat seems clean and well taken care of with minor scratches. The interior is good except the carpet needs replaced. All the gauges, foot feed, foreward lever and steering center were hot dipped red. I'm thinking of naming it lil red vette. I've allways had outboard so its new to me with a screamin 454 behind me, cool. It has duel batts but I need to figure out how to mount a stereo. No room on the dash, I can mount a woofer and amp up under and it allready has speakers. It has deul tanks, (one to get it unloaded and the other to get it back on the trailor, he he he). When I took it out it seemed like it went 50-60mph? Good enough for me. Thanks for the help. Troy.

QuickJet
07-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Troy, your boat looks real nice. Is that gel or paint.
Welcome to the boards.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15152

chev454
07-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks, That is paint as far as I know. I'm looking into red wax as to help with a few of the minor scratches, any suggestions? I'll be posting more pics in a couple days. I'm trying to get away to the flamming gorge tomorrow. I have to screw in the temp and oil press. gauges but I need reducers for the block. I believe the oil port is above the filter? And temp is below the right head? Not sure what size they are. I was going to pick up a duel tunnel ram from the seller with two holly's but decided to stick with this setup. Its a plain jane runner but kind of nice that way don't you think? Thanks, Troy.

QuickJet
07-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Yes the oil gauge goes above the filter. On the temp gauge I always pull my temp from the intake.

YumaBiesemeyer
07-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Nice boat. I had one just like it. Mine was very well built.