PDA

View Full Version : PlaceDiverter cable ?

CPdream'n
07-03-2006, 05:59 PM
I have a NEW ultraflex cable on my Place diverter. There is about a 1/2" play in it which ends up being a lot more than that in the Place diverter. How do I get this play out of the cable? When I lift the Place diverter up and down the play does not go through the cable to the lever at the front seat. So I would have to say that the play is in the cable somewhere. Thank you in advance for any help.

IMPATIENT 1
07-03-2006, 07:08 PM
cable has play in it, mine does the same. to make a cable last along time, let off the throttle alittle when ya change divertor angle, its easier on the cable!makes it last longer.

jbone
07-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Go hydrolic, no play there.
J

bigironsteve
07-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Go hydro!

CPdream'n
07-03-2006, 09:05 PM
I have a Hydrolic system but dont like it because I dont know where my place is set at,at any given time. Do they make a gauge for the hydrolic system so I can know what angle my place diverter is at?

jbone
07-04-2006, 01:20 AM
I have a Hydrolic system but dont like it because I dont know where my place is set at,at any given time. Do they make a gauge for the hydrolic system so I can know what angle my place diverter is at?
I just look back.
J

kp216
07-05-2006, 03:07 AM
Use the seat of your pants. I can feel when I'm at the sweet spot for the rpm I'm running. About the only time I really look to see where the roost is, is when I'm pulling skiers/tubers or I just want to look at it. :)

jbone
07-05-2006, 03:39 AM
Use the seat of your pants. I can feel when I'm at the sweet spot for the rpm I'm running. About the only time I really look to see where the roost is, is when I'm pulling skiers/tubers or I just want to look at it. :)
I find I need to look back to make sure I don't obstruct anyone's view. $500 fine gets kinda expensive. My sweet spot at wot is with about a 8 ft roost.
J

stompnstang
07-05-2006, 05:26 AM
i just saw a gauge set up for a hydo on jetboatperfo. yesterday go look there

CPdream'n
07-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Thank you for the info guys.