PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Wearring and Inducer Feedback!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2006, 09:49 PM
I just finally got my boat wet tonight. I had to wait until I got to the lake to fire it so it took a few minutes to get it running. I idled around for a few minutes getting the wearring to breakin(per duane@htp). Once it was warmed up and everything was double checked I rolled out. I barely hit the throttle and she has NEVER launched like that before!!! I strated cruising and hit it real quick and it snapped the hell out of my neck:eek: Boy was I grinning from ear to ear;) My boat pulls even harder now and it pulled very hard last year. The funny thing is that I have a smaller impeller(B) and it pulls harder then with the (AB). Duane(HTP) did the shaft,impeller and fit it for an ultimate wearring. I only ran it for about 20-30 minutes untill I had some rattling in the motor(Valves??).SO I am going to pull her apart tonight and inspect. Hopefully its nothing major and I can run her tomorrow. If all goes well(fingers crossed) then tomorrow I will start to dial her in. So in conclusion, I highly recommend duanes wearring and don's inducer;);)
Oh and by the way, Don's mechanical shaft seal worked like a dream. Not one drip from the packings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth the $90 in my book!!!!!!!!!
Big ups to Emcam(bubba) for being out there for me today. I couldnt have dont it with out you today brotha;) Its nice to know that some people do care;) Sorry about your flat tire. We had fun getting it fixed;) Tell shawns neighbor to kiss my azz:D

EMCAM
07-03-2006, 09:54 PM
no prob im always there to help when i can. I wont tell anyone about the tow i gave you or that i took the pick of the tow . Did that slip out. :)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2006, 10:16 PM
I will admit, you did pull my azz in and you handed me that oar:D Remember peoples helping peoples:D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-04-2006, 09:44 AM
I am heading out in a few. I just fixed the loose rocker arm and set the valve lash. I also found a broken polylock on the other side. I knew something wasnt right. Oh well, Im glad that I made it out yesterday. Now I can actually run the boat;)

IMPATIENT 1
07-04-2006, 10:39 AM
i installed a ultimate ring a month back and have been very satisified with it!great holeshot, been spanking ass with it steadily,lol :crossx:

jweeks123
07-04-2006, 11:01 AM
...I barely hit the throttle and she has NEVER launched like that before!!! I strated cruising and hit it real quick and it snapped the hell out of my neck:eek: Boy was I grinning from ear to ear;) My boat pulls even harder now and it pulled very hard last year. The funny thing is that I have a smaller impeller(B) and it pulls harder then with the (AB). Duane(HTP) did the shaft,impeller and fit it for an ultimate wearring. So in conclusion, I highly recommend duanes wearring and don's inducer
great results.
which change do you think made the most difference. you did make at least 3 significant changes, 4 if you count the shaft seal.
what if just one of those changes made 95% of the improvement. hmmm....

pattymelt18
07-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Whats the difference between an "ultimate wear ring" and a standard

SmokinLowriderSS
07-05-2006, 03:10 AM
The UWR is Urethane rubber, and since it literally rubs on the impeller slightly, there is actually NO clearance from the surface of the impeller. Tightest seal possible. It has ZERO Forgiveness tho for being spun dry so HAS to be in the lake/river to fire the engine up if connected to the pump. It is somewhat self-sacrificing and self-healing from sand-grit ingestion damage (due to the elastic properties), which no metal ring is. For any thing more, go straight to the inventor, DuaneHTP on the board here.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-05-2006, 03:12 AM
Hey 396, glad to hear it's workin for ya. :)
Do ya think Ronco/Chet/whoeveritisthisweek will even OPEN this thread, or make the usual appearance? :argue: :crossx: :crossx: :p
Talk about BAIT! :)

BigBlockBaja
07-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Do ya think Ronco/Chet/whoeveritisthisweek will even OPEN this thread, or make the usual appearance? :argue: :crossx: :crossx: :p
He's working a double shift, give him time.
:p

SmokinLowriderSS
07-05-2006, 02:22 PM
:D :D :D

460 jus getn it
07-05-2006, 02:29 PM
396 knows where i stand on this, as he has seen my boat run. If you dont have on i suggest you get one. Hole shot is like no other.......................

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-05-2006, 02:38 PM
great results.
which change do you think made the most difference. you did make at least 3 significant changes, 4 if you count the shaft seal.
what if just one of those changes made 95% of the improvement. hmmm....
Honestly I dont really know but something sure and the hell did. I can atleast say that if you do install a wearring, use the ultimate, its too easy to put in. The only drawback is running out of the water:cry: I know for a fact that the inducer is working because I have a smaller impeller than last year and the holeshot is better;) Oh and the 2* backcut shoe is working well also;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey 396, glad to hear it's workin for ya. :)
Aint that the truth:D

FLEA DIDDY
07-05-2006, 03:19 PM
So are you finished with it and good for the season or you still have more to do, glad it came together for you.