PDA

View Full Version : Storm at Colloado River Sunday night

Wicked_Tahiti
07-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Anyone else battle the storm that came through on sunday night?
We left just as it started to hail, we went to the first motel on the AZ side, and Power went out, so we went further into town, and got a room, again power went out for about 1 hour. The next day we went back to Davis camp, and just disided to come on back home becuase the sky didnt look too inviting?
Anyone out there on Monday? how was the weather? did alot of the people leave? or where we the only wimps?

novaguy
07-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Man, that was some wicked weather! Left Park Moabi and on the way back to Bullhead, all hell broke loose. Lightning storm, thunder and it rained like crazy. I saw my thermometer drop 30 degrees in under 1 minute. Anyhow, Monday woke up and same thing. Today I woke up and it was ugly and windy. So here I am, typing away instead of enjoying the river. I'll be leaving tonight and hope to return soon.

TRUMP TIGHT
07-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Sorry to tell you (well not really) monday Mohave was glass temps were mid to high 90's and at the basin no one in sight!!!;)
I was there!!!:D

RiverRatMike
07-04-2006, 01:35 PM
that storm was huge! Packed with big lightning. This is what the storm looked like out to the north from my home in Havasu.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15185&stc=1

robk
07-04-2006, 02:17 PM
that storm was huge! Packed with big lightning. This is what the storm looked like out to the north from my home in Havasu.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15185&stc=1
Sweet picture as always RRM -- I'm jealous of the weather you get out there.
Rob

RiverRatMike
07-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Sweet picture as always RRM -- I'm jealous of the weather you get out there.
Rob
thanks, that's just one of the main reasons I live out here. I live for the severe t-storms. It's just very amazing stuff to me.

DILLIGAF
07-04-2006, 04:08 PM
We were laughing at that storm. Of course we were here at the resort with the rain coming down in buckets. We are 10 minutes away from Katherines where my boat was in the slip and not any rain on it and no problems at all. The power was out and there was havoc around the docks though. A huge Cigarette took at least 30 minutes to get on the trailer.
I feel like we escaped a bullet. We were on the water and got off and came home before it really hit.

Hallett19
07-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Yeah, my Sunday evening night cruise was awesome, in Parker, from a distance I could see TONS of lightning, amazing clouds, looked like the end of the world but it was still nice and warm and no rain :D

wildbillg
07-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Yeah, my Sunday evening night cruise was awesome, in Parker, from a distance I could see TONS of lightning, amazing clouds, looked like the end of the world but it was still nice and warm and no rain :D
AH AH HUMMMMM
Thanks for stoping by and saying HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
guess I know where I rate now...... :rolleyes:

Hardly Satisfied
07-04-2006, 10:50 PM
that's some crazy weather