PDA

View Full Version : Jet Hydro`s got something New 4 OK City

Jet Hydro
07-04-2006, 10:13 AM
I have something that will open a new door for a "TRUE" Jet Hydro et record and even a new MPH record.
I am very proud of what has been accomplished and I`m really gonna be glad when it`s on the clocks to prove that it can be done and it has been done. All you guys that bet me $1000.00 be ready to pay up as it`s gonna be in print on 7/14/06
Now really,I want to thank all you guys for keeping me going on this project as it`s given me something to look forward to each and every long working day. Bring CASH and see ya at the out ramp :crossx: :220v:

FLEA DIDDY
07-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Should I get some popcorn? :rollside:

Jet Hydro
07-04-2006, 10:48 AM
nope, just a camcorder :220v: :crossx:

nitro557
07-04-2006, 12:41 PM
what is the current record for a jet hydro?
whats the best pass youve had ?not starting anything just curious

Jet Hydro
07-04-2006, 01:34 PM
To date of all that have tried to run one, I set the record for a TRUE jet hydro last season with a clean 11.0 at 92.?mph on the SDBA Clocks. Every season I step it up a class and this season I`m gonna do it again. I`ll bet we see a high 9. right off the trailer. :argue: :220v: :crossx: and a clean high 9 at speeds over 100mph :rollside: :220v: Some one call Tony S. and tell em to keep an eye open for this pass.

taylormanss
07-04-2006, 01:38 PM
good luck hydro.

Jet Hydro
07-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Thanks Taylormanss
I pulled some pretty good passes yesterday so I think we`ll have a good chance of pulling it off :)

SmokinLowriderSS
07-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Definitely, best of luck to ya JH. Make-em PAY!!!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

Ken F
07-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Good luck Steve! I'll be there to watch.
Ken F

cave
07-04-2006, 06:30 PM
get it video too. That way you can see and hear the race announcer say it.
Good luck JEt Hydro.

pce680
07-04-2006, 08:24 PM
what is the current record for a jet hydro?
whats the best pass youve had ?not starting anything just curious
Dean Willis ran 133,68 MPH.That was 32 years ago. :cool:

Jetboatguru
07-04-2006, 08:34 PM
And there it is!!
Don't worry Slowy, I'll be in OKC to see it for myself!! :p

77charger
07-04-2006, 09:43 PM
slowy dont make me change my plans to to go to okc and lay the smack down on you with a 470 inch comp flat!!
Any how good luck on going for a record and keep it safe.I will ne in marble falls this year though.Okc will be my old boat going 006 and running pro elim

Cheyenne372
07-05-2006, 03:53 AM
And there it is!!
Don't worry Slowy, I'll be in OKC to see it for myself!! :p
Hey Tony:
I know that the second liar in boat racing doesn't have a chance.....but didn't you post the following on another site?
Hang fin
Race Member
Date Joined Nov 2001
Total Posts : 330
Posted 6/21/2006 8:42 AM (GMT -7)
TAF 535 Modern Outlaw will not be in OKC. Good luck to all those that attend!

Jet Hydro
07-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Deans boat was NOT a Jet Hydro it was a tunnel hull with a Hydro top cap glasses to it. Call him and ask him yourself. My boat is a true Flat bottom Hydro with a pod cut in to it for the jet intake. It`s the very same hull used in the V-Drive Hondo Hydro. :rolleyes: :rollside:
see, no tunnels in this hull
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213P1020041-med.JPG
Tony GREAT it will be the first time you`v had the chance to see it really run!

Jetboatguru
07-05-2006, 07:41 AM
Hey Tony:
I know that the second liar in boat racing doesn't have a chance.....but didn't you post the following on another site?
Hang fin
Race Member
Date Joined Nov 2001
Total Posts : 330
Posted 6/21/2006 8:42 AM (GMT -7)
TAF 535 Modern Outlaw will not be in OKC. Good luck to all those that attend!
Ooops, I forgot about that! We wont be there!

Jet Hydro
07-05-2006, 08:04 AM
slowy dont make me change my plans to to go to okc and lay the smack down on you with a 470 inch comp flat!!
Any how good luck on going for a record and keep it safe.I will ne in marble falls this year though.Okc will be my old boat going 006 and running pro elim
See there you go bringing a big gun...lol... mine is only a little stock bore 454 :cry:

bp
07-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Every season I step it up a class and this season I`m gonna do it again. I`ll bet we see a high 9. right off the trailer. and a clean high 9 at speeds over 100mph :rollside: Some one call Tony S. and tell em to keep an eye open for this pass.
so does this mean you'll be running M.E.?? if so, welcome :crossx: hope to see ya at the world finals :)

Jet Hydro
07-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Thats the plan if all goes well. it`s a big step from the old RR2 days :rollside: Thanks for the Welcome

pce680
07-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Deans boat was NOT a Jet Hydro it was a tunnel hull with a Hydro top cap glasses to it. Call him and ask him yourself. My boat is a true Flat bottom Hydro with a pod cut in to it for the jet intake. It`s the very same hull used in the V-Drive Hondo Hydro. :rolleyes: :rollside:
Dean's boat was a Sanger Jet Hydro built by A Sanger Jack in Fresno,Ca.
It had a center pod added to the flat keel hydro.It was the same hull as Rated X driver by Don Yates.Its crashed 2 years later at Lake Ming at 142.++MPH.Willis built a few ski boats and called them "WILLIS JET HYDROS "
with NO TUNNELS. :cool:

Jet Hydro
07-05-2006, 11:52 AM
""I"" spoke with Dean when I started this project and I`m pretty sure dean told me the truth as he went in to full detail on the build up of the hull and the "why`s" and "whats" were done to the boat. He even spoke of Air Dams built in the hull and told me to do the same. I went my own way but kept all the info he gave me in the back of my mind. All the boats I have seen to this date all have had TUNNELS. Show me a picture of one with out em. I think you and I have been around this many times, so show me, I`d like to see em, I might learn something new. :cool:

Jet Hydro
07-05-2006, 11:57 AM
I`ll look up some pictures of the Hydros and post em you do the same of the ones you speak of. :)

Jet Hydro
07-05-2006, 12:15 PM
1st http://i6.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/84/1c/29_12.JPG
BTW...This one was on E bay last month
E-Bay Hydro (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FULLY-RESTORED-78-SANGER-SKI-HYDRO-JET-468-C-I_W0QQitemZ330000869583QQihZ014QQcategoryZ80653QQc mdZViewItem)

Jet Hydro
07-05-2006, 12:27 PM
2 boats with 2 different bottoms
the tunnels are rounded in the first picture
Sanger Rats Boat
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1937015_16.jpg

Jet Hydro
07-05-2006, 12:34 PM
What were you saying???? :argue: :)
with NO TUNNELS. :cool:
The owner of the black hydro posted this in his ad.
The word HYDRO is a bit of a misnomer. The bottom of this boat is more of a tunnel (see pictures)

BUSBY
07-05-2006, 06:55 PM
JH ... I think Ron (pce680) was there with Dean when he (Mr. Willis) was running it ...
I don't think Ron's incorrect here ... but then again, I wasn't there when you were speaking to Dean either ... no need to argue ...
Either way, good luck in OKC, be safe.

Jet Hydro
07-05-2006, 07:29 PM
I don't think Dean would have lied to me. He told me the complete story about the hull and how it came to be what it is. He explained to me what I needed to do and told me that my plan was not going to work with out air traps thus why they went with a tunnel hull bottom. His words were, "I wanted a Hydro looking boat but knew it wouldn't work so I had a tunnel hull that we cut up and put the two together." I asked him why the tunnel hull and his reply was "it was a working bottom so we knew it would work for the bottom". All`s I know is what the man told me. To date PCE680 is the only one to dispute it but never providing proof. I have posted picture after picture of these boats and everyone has tunnels as Dean described them to me. I`d really like to see a bottom of one of these boats that PCE680 keeps talking about because I`d call Dean back up and ask "whats the deal." BTW the two pictures I posted today , (black one is a 1978 SANGER) and I think Sanger Rats is also about the same year.
Deans deal was before 1978,thus makes me believe Deans story.
I don't know what you see in those pictures but I see Tunnel Bottoms and PCE680 say`s there were NO Tunnels.
Thanks for the wish of "good luck!"
Steve

pce680
07-05-2006, 07:37 PM
RATED X...Blown Fuel Sanger Jet Hydro.It has NO TUNNELS.Same as Royal Flush driven by Dean Willis. Ron :cool:
The black boat is no tunnel.It has a Sanger Super Jet bottom on it,something like the Gullwing boats built back then.

Jet Hydro
07-05-2006, 07:49 PM
If you ran with this guy, you have to have a better picture then the one I`ve already posted 100 times.
Lets see the back side. I have a picture of my boat flying like that and you cant see the bottom
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213Wacorace2-med.bmp

TRG
07-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Thats gotta be one hell of an "AGGRO" feeling flying a boat like that, OK!..here goes, a stupid question! Does it feel steady on the pod like that???
Todd

Jet Hydro
07-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Yes, as I didn't even know I was that far out of the water till I lost half my a$$ from the safety director. After viewing the picture I told myself NEVER AGAIN will that happen. I was told by a few others but didn't know it was near that far up in the air. It was a set-up problem that we had fixed by the next pass.

TRG
07-05-2006, 08:59 PM
STILL! looks sick! it is pretty impressive when you think about the whole leverage thing if that aint "Blowin it on the plate" i dont know what is!! lol
Todd

Jet Hydro
07-05-2006, 09:15 PM
The guy in the other lane didn`t think it was to impressive as it put him on the trailer....rotflmao :rollside: :)

Jet Hydro
07-05-2006, 09:21 PM
RATED X...Blown Fuel Sanger Jet Hydro.It has NO TUNNELS.Same as Royal Flush driven by Dean Willis. Ron :cool:
The black boat is no tunnel.It has a Sanger Super Jet bottom on it,something like the Gullwing boats built back then.
Lets see a picture then

pce680
07-06-2006, 06:28 AM
Jet Hydro...Good luck in Okie City.How fast does the TRUE jet hydro have to go to set a ET or MPH record ? Ron :cool:

Jet Hydro
07-06-2006, 08:02 AM
Ron there was once a guy named Mike ( cant remember his last name) that tried to race a true flat bottom jet hydro back in the late 70`s or early 80`s. He told me that he had around 1200hp and could not get the boat to handle past the 90`s. Said he ran 11,s and gave up because he couldn't run consistent and went to a deferent hull. It was a Hondo Hydro like mine use to be before I cut the bottom off. I was running 11.0`s all day long with less hp and making clean passes last season. We will be busting the 100 mark thus should put us in the 10`s or high 9`s and that will set a ET and MPH record for a TRUE Jet Hydro by busting out of Mikes 90`s and 11`s. May not sound like much but if you have ever see one run that's a big step for a boat that was deemed deadly past 75mph. I have done my homework and made it as safe as any other boat on the water. The weight of this boat is in excess of 2300lbs so it`s taken some work to make it run. The Pro`s told me it couldn't hit 100 in the 1/4 mile as it hadn't be done before. We intend to put that 100 mph 1/4 pass in the books 7/14/06. The best part of it all is Tony S aka "Jetboatguru" will be there to see it happen. Tony and I have had our internet bouts :boxingguy but we kinda put that aside last year and he`s gonna help me by installing my helmet restraints. I lost a good friend there last year and it looks as if I may be making a new one this year. :D
I think I`m gonna have to build a SBC "Jet" Row Boat or a SBC Jet Ski next as this will end the challange for me with the Jet Hydro. That is unless you can find me a picture of one of those bottoms. :2purples:

shaun
07-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Is there another post about what you did to step the boat up so much or is it top secret right now?
Good luck, I'll definitely be looking for the post with results and pics!!!

Jet Hydro
07-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Nothing top secret, it`s all in the open. It`s just 4 looooong years of work :220v: The biggest step was redesigning the bottom. Look for a topic called "What were they thinking".

SmokinLowriderSS
07-06-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm gonna bump it up. Damned interesting read JH, and really interesting work. I really should be washing Lowrider and putting her in the garage (finally dry from the weekend) but I'm only on page 6. Gotta cook dinner too.

shaun
07-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Nothing top secret, it`s all in the open. It`s just 4 looooong years of work :220v: The biggest step was redesigning the bottom. Look for a topic called "What were they thinking".
I remember that post, it was a while ago, thought you had run it since then.

77charger
07-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Well jet hydro it looks like i will now be in OKC be runnin PCE as a comp flat boat 004

Jet Hydro
07-06-2006, 04:14 PM
I remember that post, it was a while ago, thought you had run it since then. Nope, I ran it at Waco Tx for the test run that year and then Ok City last year. I lost a good friend at that race last year and parked the boat. Had alot of things change in my life that year.. Long boring story.... Anyway, I`m back and I`m gonna put the wood to the ole`Hydro this go a round. :crossx:

Jet Hydro
07-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Well jet hydro it looks like i will now be in OKC be runnin PCE as a comp flat boat 004 Cool, look me up if you have time! if not, look for a drunk guy on a green kawi quad around midnight...lol.. I might even be on a silver pocket rocket with the numbers 576 on it???

SmokinLowriderSS
07-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Best of luck to ya JH. If wife & I can fit it in, we'll try to come root for ya in person. No budget to stuff Lowrider into a RR class run like I would sooooo like to do but we might be able to say hello and good luck in person. Would be cool to see ya blow thru 100mph. :)

Jet Hydro
07-06-2006, 05:40 PM
If you do make it stop by and say HEY!

Cheyenne372
07-07-2006, 04:57 AM
Ooops, I forgot about that! We wont be there!
Bledsoe and Ferg told me the story....... :D
But.....
You and I know that you'll be there!
Look forward to meeting you in person!

Rondane
07-07-2006, 06:23 AM
I'm gonna bump it up. Damned interesting read JH, and really interesting work. I really should be washing Lowrider and putting her in the garage (finally dry from the weekend) but I'm only on page 6. Gotta cook dinner too.
What a great thread i must say and alot of work i agree! I also see where this chet guy comes from finally interesting enough. Now i got the whole big picture of the name callin and such and all the spam. I take it he didnt have a boat either so that must be why. :rolleyes:
rondane

pce680
07-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Well jet hydro it looks like i will now be in OKC be runnin PCE as a comp flat boat 004
Robert...Dexter OR is closer.Its Div 1 and you need the points. :220v:

Jet Hydro
07-07-2006, 10:38 AM
What a great thread i must say and alot of work i agree! I also see where this chet guy comes from finally interesting enough. Now i got the whole big picture of the name callin and such and all the spam. I take it he didnt have a boat either so that must be why. :rolleyes:
rondaneHe`s a pump builder up north. He just goes by Chet on here.

Fast Freddy
07-07-2006, 03:17 PM
if i remember correctly from the pic i have seen in one of my old hot boat magazines rated x wasn't even a hydro.

Fast Freddy
07-07-2006, 03:25 PM
this some cool stuff 4 sure. i always liked the look of hydro boats and thought how cool it would be too see one with a jet in it. best of luck to you

Fast Freddy
07-07-2006, 03:30 PM
what kind of boat is this you have provided a link for here? it looks to be the same boat i see listed in your avatar. is this the rated-x boat?

pce680
07-07-2006, 05:37 PM
if i remember correctly from the pic i have seen in one of my old hot boat magazines rated x wasn't even a hydro.
After Don Yates crashed the Sanger Jet Hydro at Lake Ming,Bakersfield,CA in 1976,Bill Henderson raced several Sleekcraft and Placecraft Tunnel boats in Top Fuel Jet.He had several drivers including Don Yates. Ron

pce680
07-07-2006, 05:50 PM
what kind of boat is this you have provided a link for here? it looks to be the same boat i see listed in your avatar. is this the rated-x boat?
YES...This is Rated X a Sanger Jet Hydro,built by Sanger Jack and rigged by Bill Henderson and his crew.This picture was taken just before it crashed at Lake Ming In 1976.Don Yates was not hurt and Bill switched to tunnel boats after the crash.Sleekcraft boats sponsored him with several boats and motors from 1976 to about 1980. Ron

Fast Freddy
07-07-2006, 06:01 PM
After Don Yates crashed the Sanger Jet Hydro at Lake Ming,Bakersfield,CA in 1976,Bill Henderson raced several Sleekcraft and Placecraft Tunnel boats in Top Fuel Jet.He had several drivers including Don Yates. Ron
well that explains it then because the pic of the rated-x boat that i have is definately not the one i see in your sig because it is a tunnel boat. it looks to be a placecraft to me. i think they set a record in it for a kilo run on the parker river with the apba or something like that.

Jet Hydro
07-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Fast Freddy That was a picture of the old design that Hondo tried.
This is the new version I designed.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213P1020166-med.JPG
And I still say that "Rated X" had the same bottom as "Sanger Rats" boat has. Look at the pod, it`s going up to the hull at the same angle. I sure wish you would post a picture of the back of that boat pce680.

pce680
07-07-2006, 06:40 PM
well that explains it then because the pic of the rated-x boat that i have is definately not the one i see in your sig because it is a tunnel boat. it looks to be a placecraft to me. i think they set a record in it for a kilo run on the parker river with the apba or something like that.
One of the Rated X Placecraft tunnel boats set the NJBA Blown Fuel Jet Record at 160+MPH at Bluewater Marina at Parker AZ in the 80'.It was posted on a sign in front of the old restraurant, "HOME OF THE WORLD'S FASTEST JET BOAT".Bill Herderson held several records also in the NDBA and IHBA. Ron

pce680
07-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Fast Freddy That was a picture of the old design that Hondo tried.
This is the new version I designed.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213P1020166-med.JPG
And I still say that "Rated X" had the same bottom as "Sanger Rats" boat has. Look at the pod, it`s going up to the hull at the same angle. I sure wish you would post a picture of the back of that boat pce680.
Maybe Sanger boats has a picture.I did not take any when I was changing hardware under the boat.Didn't see any tunnels either.Don Yates also had a Sanger Jet Hydro Ski boat that we built the same year (1976).It had a all aluminum 482CI chevy with 2 1050's on a tunnel ram.It ran 102 + mph at a NJBA race at Parker AZ.Sorry it had No tunnels either.Sanger might have added tunnels after 1977 because everybody copied the Eliminator tunnel bottom that Ron Edie designed in late 1977. Ron

UBFJ #454
07-07-2006, 07:09 PM
While Ron's name sounds like 'edie' when pronounced, his last name is spelled Ehde.

bp
07-07-2006, 07:27 PM
dunno steve, the pic of the red/white hydro looks just like yours from the gunnel to the pod. sure doesn't look like any sponson or air dam or anything else in that space. if ronnie says there weren't any tunnels, i believe him.
there was a jet hydro at the world finals, looked like from idaho. he had "me" on his boat, lined up with us for qualifying. but he ran between 11 and 12, so stepped back to river racer. didn't have near the work into his deal that you do. hope to see ya in november at the worlds. all us m.e. folks are a real friendly bunch :crossx:

Jet Hydro
07-07-2006, 08:57 PM
pce680 I don't know,
all`s I have to go off of is what a few have told me, I wasn't around back then. That's why I called Dean as he`s the only one still alive that I know of the raced one other then the Mike guy. I may be calling him again to see if I can get a few pictures but that will have to wait till after Ok City as I have to pull the motor and do some work before we take off Wednesday.
Like I said the pod on that red and white boat sure looks as if it has the same angle to it that Sanger rats pod has. Now that black boat is the first one I have seen with the rounded tunnels.
aluminum 482CI chevy with 2 1050's on a tunnel ram.It ran 102
I have a stock bore blown 454 with aluminum 320`s, steel rod, cast crank and 2 alky HP900`s on top. We`ll have to see what my boat does with less motor. I`ll keep hunting for pictures from back then but dont know how much luck I`ll have as most everyone`s gone now days.
Jack
I`m lost at what your getting at? Should that name ring a bell?

pce680
07-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Jet Hydro...As I remember Dean changed the bottom on the Royal Flush boat several times.Even at the races on saturday nite.He could of added runners on each side like on a flatbottom for stability.I could see him doing that on his Ski Jet Hydro.Don't know how many he built.I never seen one.The black boat looks like it has a bottom like the Sanger super jet , that was a V bottom boat with the gullwing design.The other blue and white boat(sanger rats) seems to have eliminator type tunnels,Could be another change done at Sanger Boats to improve performance and stability.Good luck in Okie City.Ron

UBFJ #454
07-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Jack
I`m lost at what your getting at? Should that name ring a bell?
Steve -
Ron Ehde (a nautical design engineer +++) and designer of multiple hydro's, flattie's, tunnels, tops & bottoms, etc. (total production boat designer), ... Prop, Jet, I/O, etc. ... is as Classic to Boating as is Don Garlits coming up with rear engined asphalt dragster ...
Just wanted his Name spelled correctly ... who Knows, someone might want to 'Google' him and see what comes up ...
Jak

Jet Hydro
07-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Gota ya Jack, I understand now what you were getting at. Maybe he`s got something he might want to offer up as far as design ideas? Sofar, all`s I`v gotten from design engineers is "it wont work"....lol
We just installed the motor tonight so we should be ready for next weekend. I cant wait to fire it up tomorrow night :)

bp
07-17-2006, 03:53 PM
steve, how did it go?

Jet Hydro
07-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Just got to the shop about an hour a go.... LONG STORY......
I`ll tell ya more later but we are now a "ME" (10.0) et bracket boat. The only pass we got in was 10.14 on 7 and 1/2 cylinders as we lost the motor twice this weekend. Made that pass on a patch job with a burnt intake valve.I popped it at the 660 at 98mph, then ran the next run on 7 from the line till it popped again killing it at about 3/4 track rolling the light at 10.40 something with 94 mph. It was a bad weekend all the way around but we did step it up to the next bracket again. Like I said I`ll fill in all the blanks tomorrow, I wanta go HOME!!!!!

Jet Hydro
07-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Ok here the skinny on the weekend.
We got to the track Wednesday night just fine but Thursday a guy came to our pits to check out the boat and he looks at me and says, "I see you had the same problem I did with a tire" I`m think to my self WTF is he talking about? I walk over to the other side of the boat where he was standing and see a tire that had blown all the tread off. I told him thanks as I didn't even know it till he said something. No big deal, went to wal-mart and got a new tire.
Friday, Got on the rope waiting on my number, It Comes up, push the loud peddle and BANG it`s over right there. Go to the pits and remove the valve covers and find 4 broken valve springs. No big deal as I keep a set on hand. Pull one head off to find a deep grove between 4 and 6. Washed out the head pretty bad. Found a broken rocker shaft on that head to add to the carnage. Went looking for a rocker shaft and someone with a welder to fix that head. Found both and was happy till I got back to the pits and looked over the other head and found another broken spring. Pulled that head and the gasket was blown at 3 and 7. We had one valve burnt pretty bad on # 6 but was gonna try to make just one pass and call it a weekend. Put it all back together with the help of Tim (the guy with the blue boat we did the JC / JE pump change on) and then we found out we had the wrong intake gaskets. Gary Snow helped with that(((( Thanks Gary Snow )))) Gary help us pull the blower back off and he had the gaskets we needed. He still needs to give me a price on them so I can pay em. It`s not over yet...lol... I lost one tire on the way home so we stopped and got another tire for the motor home then the alt goes bad on tims truck so I turned around to go help Tim and lost another tire on the motor home. We ended up spending the night in a parking lot of a VFW waiting for places to open up in the morning so we could get tires and a alt for Tims truck. So keep in mind we lost the motor twice and so far 1 trailer tire, 2 motor home tires and the alt on Tims truck. We get all this fixed and hit the road Monday afternoon. We stop for gas and everything's going good for once but when we leave I brake my AC belt that was NEW and it takes out my alt belt that was also new....errrrrrrr Oh it`s not over yet....lol... I keep belts just for times like this. We fix the alt and say "screw the AC lets just go home." We go another 50 miles and (((( BANG)))) YEP another tire on the motor home lets go at the state line. I said screw it and kept driving. We are now driving 40mph till we get to Wichita where I can take back roads home. I drive the back roads at 30mph and guess what???? I`m home :) This is one weekend I wished I`d stayed home. Oh yea, it was something like 106 out side! I`m trying to figure out where I want to go next weekend, Who wants to ride along?????? :crossx: :220v: :cry:

poncho-pwr
07-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Oh man have I had weekends like that! Sorry to hear about all your troubles.

INFINITEJJ
07-18-2006, 03:13 PM
NDBA'S Purple Jack ran a "TRUE" hydro jet back in the late '70's / early '80's in the BFJ class and was running WELL over the century mark. If my failing memory serves me correct.
P.S. It was a Sanger....NO TUNNEL

Bense468
07-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Rated X was several different boats. I think it started off as an avenger in the early days. Worked its way up to tunnels like PC's etc. Some of the names I can remember from my dad and I BS'ing are . Bill Henderson, Steve Paige, Lou Wallman, Rick Lee, Duane Gillis, Don Yates, and I think Doug Durnell even drove it. There may be more names as well. Back in the Harman days.
correct me if I am wrong.

bp
07-18-2006, 05:15 PM
steve, that doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun. i do not wish to compete for the "worst towing trip ever" prize, so you win! welcome to me, and hope you get all that stuff worked out before november.

skeeter
07-18-2006, 06:43 PM
I hung out an extra hour to see you make your last pass. I was walking out and saw you in line to drop your boat in the river so I walked back and waited while you were on the rope.
You guys must have been dying, sitting in your boat waiting to make a pass as it was a hot b-tch outside. Sorry you had so many probs dude but I do know that boat will flat haul ass when you get your motor problems worked out....
skeeter

Jet Hydro
07-18-2006, 07:59 PM
NDBA'S Purple Jack ran a "TRUE" hydro jet back in the late '70's / early '80's in the BFJ class and was running WELL over the century mark. If my failing memory serves me correct.
P.S. It was a Sanger....NO TUNNEL
INFINITEJJ Just so you know we have been over the century mark. I wanted to see what it would do opened up and on the clocks but the little motor couldn't take what I was forcing down it last weekend. We didnt put it on the clocks but we do have it on GPS. It not a full 1/4 pass but it`s been past the century mark.
101mph first time
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/15497P1030567-med.JPG
backed it up with 102 second time
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/15497P1030572-med.JPG
Maybe next time we`ll see what it will do in the 1/4 but we did step it up to the "ME" class so I`m good with that. :D
skeeter
We were dying at 3:00am trying to make it run so we could make the first pass. You must have seen the second pass when it popped big time???? Glad you got to see something as it just wasn't what I wanted but it did set down nice after popping the motor with only a little twitching from the tail lifting. Everyone told me they were really surprised at how well it handles on shut down. I looked back and didn't see any fire or water coming in so I rode it out.
I hope you all enjoyed yourselves last weekend as that's one of the best race sites in the world!