PDA

View Full Version : Epoxy Flooring

BADBLOWN572
07-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Does anyone have a good way to strip epoxy flooring off of a garage or shop? I am moving shops and the new shop has epoxy flooring on it and it is nasty!!! :( I am looking for either a chemical stripper to remove it or some way to get it off. So far pressure washing doesn't work, steam cleaning is too slow, and since the floor is not smooth, a scraper does not work. Someone please HELP!!!!!!!! :)

anchorman
07-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Heres what google found
http://www.jasco-help.com/products/prod_rem.htm

jbone
07-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Home Depot rents concrete grinders. I think they have bits used for scraping/grinding floor coatings off concrete.
J

mikec500s
07-04-2006, 04:21 PM
ive used a large sandblaster before on an epoxy floor with plastic beads used instead of sand which worked quite well it was pretty dusty though

Bow Tie Omega
07-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Make sure you wear pants, long sleeves (chem suit if you can) and a respirator if grinding. The epoxy is a severe irritant and if inhaled in a powder form, it will scar the alveoli (tiny air sacs) in your lungs.

ZTFab
07-04-2006, 05:16 PM
I can vouch for the Jasco stripper.
I have epoxy floors in my shop and while trying to strip some old carpet glue out of one of my offices, some of the Jasco spilled onto the epoxy and took it right up.
But the Jasco stripper is pretty caustic so make sure you have good ventilation and wear a respirator while using it.

Mandelon
07-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Nasty work, hire someone with a bead blaster to do it. Set up negative air machines and poly sheeting to control the dust.