PDA

View Full Version : new found respect for contractors

a catered life
07-05-2006, 06:37 AM
i'm not the kind of guy that builds things around the house..i generally call someone to do that..lets face i manage people and cook for a living i dont even own many tools but this weekend me and my son went on a shopping spree......craftsman roller tool box, new tools, tablesaw, drill.
we built a new fence door for the side of the house and damit we did a decent job
but i will say i have a lot of respect for all you hard working contractors out there who get up and be in the hot ass sun all day building stuff....it took us 4 hours and two additional lowes runs and 5-6 bottle of water, 2 gatorades and a 20 minute break to build our little gate....my son had a great time and it was fun to do that with him
next project new molding in my office

Havasu1986
07-05-2006, 06:46 AM
Now for the molding get a miter saw and a nail gun. Remember measure twice, cut once. To bad your not closer. I have all the tools for these type of projects.

MagicMtnDan
07-05-2006, 06:56 AM
It's good to tackle a home improvement project now-and-then. :cool: It's the only way to learn how to do more. Problem for us DIYers is that once you learn how to do something on a project it may be a long time before you do it again. :rolleyes:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1558704280.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Havasu1986
07-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Your right, I have a wet tile saw that I haven't use since I tiled the floors.

a catered life
07-05-2006, 07:59 AM
were having fun and its a great way to spend time with my only son.......thanks for the offer hav and yes i learned the hard way :cry: measure twice cut once....thank god 2*4's are cheap

DelawareDave
07-05-2006, 08:07 AM
Remember measure twice, cut once.
Damn, I knew I had that saying wrong! Here I thought it was "I cut it twice, and it's still too short!" :mad: