PDA

View Full Version : Ipod connection for '06 Chevy??

kevnmcd
07-05-2006, 06:43 AM
Is there any way to connect my Ipod to my stock '06 Chevy stereo? I have the 6 disk changer w/XM. Don't really want to do the FM Transmitter dealio!

KREGER
07-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Is there any way to connect my Ipod to my stock '06 Chevy stereo? I have the 6 disk changer w/XM. Don't really want to do the FM Transmitter dealio!
I used to use a casette adaptor from radio shack with a wire comming out of it to the Ipod. Probably too old school for an 06' Chevy unless you have a casette player in your head unit. :) It worked fine.

kevnmcd
07-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Thanks but no cassette....only CD. There has to be something that I can plug into the back and use? :220v:

4day!!
07-05-2006, 02:45 PM
There are several IPOD integration units for sock head units. I am using the one from USA Spec. #PA-11GM. It charges while plugged in also. You have the xm and 6 disc in dash so you might lose some xm presets depending on how you have the module set up. Crutchfield, Best Buy and many local stereo shops carry them. I can control my ipod thru the steering wheel controls, the deck or the ipod itself. I love the thing..I also put one in my boat http://www.usaspec.com/ipod.html (http://)

kevnmcd
07-05-2006, 08:52 PM
That is exactly what I was looking for....thanks! Did you install it yourself? If so, how hard was it to do?

4day!!
07-06-2006, 03:49 PM
That is exactly what I was looking for....thanks! Did you install it yourself? If so, how hard was it to do?
It's easy to install. The toughest part was figuring out the dip switches(mainly because my ipod was not updated). They will dictate what mode you play your ipod in(direct mode, playlist mode), Also trying to get that damn little box and cables stuffed up in the dash and getting the hu back in was a pain in the a$$. The whole install took about 45 minutes. Make sure your ipod is updated to latest updates/software on the apple site. The instructions are easy to follow. I think you can find them on the usa spec website..

kevnmcd
07-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks, 4day. I will give it a try.