PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Kachina Saber jet boat 4 sale

Fast Freddy
07-05-2006, 08:15 AM
i am the original owner of this boat as i had it custom made for me to my specs. the boat is 18 feet 6 inches long and has a 11 degree semi-V bottom. this boat has been on 11 different lakes and is a jack of all trades. i had the boat built and rigged in a way to do well at all different forms of boating. it has an open bow so you can haul lots of people around as i have had 6 people and two coolers on this boat before. in party mode with all the weight in the boat, this boat gets 75 mph on gps at saguaro lake. when i go to the race track and take all the weight out of the boat she gets 80 mph on radar at firebird lake. a 150 shot of nitrous got me 11.89 @ 86.9 mph and 2nd place in the river racer class at the coors light world finals of drag boat racing. louie majors the owner of kachina boats said that he made close to 1,000 of these boats and mine was the 2nd to last one made. we have only ever heard of two kachina sabers that were faster than mine.
i had the hull laid up thick because even though i knew i was gonna drag race the boat i also new that i was gonna take the boat out in rough water and jump it too. it has full length 2" stringers and is solid as rock. no stress cracks and just bullet proof. with all the weight (seats, stereo, etc) in the boat she comes in close to 1,800 lbs. she is no light weight but that doesn't slow her down one bit as my pix, vidz and timeslips prove. she is just a rocket out of the hole. she comes with two - 20 gallon tanks built into the boat (one per side). i have driven her from havasu springs to the north end of topock gorge and back before in one day. thats 100 miles round trip.
i did not have the pump set back because i didn't want to sacrifice any turning ability in this boat. so while this is a compromise in terms of drag racing, this boat will smoke faster boats with set back pumps in the turns. i have driven this boat from canyon lake marina to the apache lake dam in 10 minutes. thats up 11 miles of some seriously winding and twistin river. i have the run on video. this boat would be ideal for the circle track jet boat race class on the parker river.
the pump is a dominator with a ride plate and shoe. i have a A/B cut alluminum impeller with a inducer. i also have a pro loader intake grate and 4 degrees of wedge in the bowl. last but not least i have a place diverter. i had larrys engine & marine do all my pump work.
since i am willing to sell the boat without the motor because i would like to keep the motor and stick it in a front engine dragster i won't go into alot of details about the motor here. but i will say this its a gen V block 454 bored .030 over with a forged bottom end at 10.2:1 compression ratio. the heads are aluminum edelbrock performer rpms with square ports. the cam is a hydraulic isky mega cam and the the rockers are crane gold race 1.7 ratio. the tunnel ram is a weiand and the carbs are 650 holley double pumpers with mechanical secondaries. the ignition system is all MSD and the fuel lines are all steel braid with a mallory fuel pump. the headers are water injected rewarders. larrys engine and marine built the motor and it makes 550+ hp without the nitrous. the NOS cheater system on the boat can add anywhere from 100 hp to 225 hp depending upon the jetting.
the boat was recently treated to new seats, interior and carpeting 2 years ago. i even bought a new $3,000 trailer for it last year. the trailer has less than 1,000 miles on it. the stereo system consists of a alpine cd/receiver head unit and 750 watt rockford amp. the speakers are boston acoustics with JL audio sub bass.
the reason i am selling the boat is because my nordic is a bigger boat which at this time in my life just suits me & my family better. also i don't have time for 2 boats anymore. plus i would like to make room in my garage for a front engine dragster so thus the reason i would be willing to sell this boat without the motor. its the buyers call on the motor though.
the price with the motor is $16,500 and without the motor is $11,500
PM or email me at: Kingofspeed@aol.com if you are interested.

QuickJet
07-05-2006, 09:20 AM
That's a great shot!!
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15235

Fast Freddy
07-11-2006, 01:13 PM
i will be out of town 4 the next week. so if anybody sends me a PM or email its gonna be awhile b4 i get back to you.

Hotfish
07-11-2006, 03:05 PM
My parents owned the saber Kachina used in their brochures. It was a good boat . They wished they hadn't sold it.

Fast Freddy
07-18-2006, 07:26 PM
i am back in town and back online now. PM me or email for more info

Fast Freddy
07-24-2006, 12:19 PM
bump

Fast Freddy
07-29-2006, 03:41 PM
the boat trader is comin out next week to take a pic of my boat and get my ad info. this boat will be adverstised for sale in the boat trader within the next 2 weeks. if you look at the current edition of the boat trader there is a 1994 kachina saber like mine with an open bow for sale. its on the front cover, you can't miss it. that boat is a 1994 with a BIG block roller motor and the worx. he is askin $15,500 obo for his; so mine is priced right seein how mine is a lil newer and a lil faster, etc.

Fast Freddy
08-04-2006, 11:54 AM
alright the boat trader took a pic of my boat and my ad info the day before yesterday. so this is your last chance for a shot at this boat before the new trader comes out on tuesday with my boat in it. i bought a 4 week jumbo ad.

Fast Freddy
08-09-2006, 06:46 PM
ok the ad is in the boat trader. you can see it at www.boattraderonline.com
just do a search for a 1995 kachina saber for sale in arizona. here is the digital pic that they took of the boat sittin on its news trailer for the ad.
if somebody could insert this pic into this thread here so you don't have to hit the link to view it i would apprecitate it.

upsman105
08-09-2006, 07:21 PM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16328
how's that??

Fast Freddy
08-10-2006, 07:03 AM
sweet!!! now that looks much better!! just what this thread needed a lil more color! thanx 4 the help

Fast Freddy
08-18-2006, 08:49 AM
bump

Fast Freddy
08-23-2006, 12:15 PM
bump

Fast Freddy
08-28-2006, 03:31 PM
ok i been gettin calls from my ad i placed in the boat trader. 1 from havasu and 3 from phoenix. even though my ad in the boat trader is a JUMBO ad they only put black and white photos in their rag. so i have another color photo here of my boat for you guys to see. this pic was taken at firebird lake when i got 2nd place at the coors light world finals.
again, if somebody could help a fellow ***boater out and insert this pic into this thread so everybody can view it i would apppreciate it.

Fast Freddy
08-29-2006, 01:13 PM
ok.......i have finally figured out how to place an ad in the classified section on this site. so check there to see my pix.