PDA

View Full Version : selling boats and the time wasting morons you encounter

PACKINAIR
08-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Howdy... I don't post on hot boat much but I am sure some of you know me from other boards... One of my biggest pet peeves is little children or dead beats that do nothing but waste your time pretending they are going to buy something.. I don't know about the rest of you but I think I am save to say that when someone on our favorite board (whatever it may be) asks a question or for help that we will take time away from whatever else we have to be doing with our time to help them out.. when the evening comes I know I like to take time and goof off for a few and help what with what I can. when it is a false post or someone wasting our time that takes time from my online poker addiction and that makes me grumpy :mad: Now when someone asks repeated questions and pretends to be a buyer with NO intention or means to make the purchase I deem that as them steeling money out of my pocket. the time they wasted, the calls I didn't take could have been a real buyer. If you have made it this far take a minute to read the post that got my rant started http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41210 .. does this kinda crap get under anyone else's skin as much as mine?? Now Phat_Krap when you get out of jr. high tomorrow and read this please stop gaying up my threads with your presence. you bother me.. :mad: as far as everyone else,, I think I might spend alittle more time here.. everyone seems pretty cool unless you guys are mad at me for picking on one of your most valued members :cool: Check out my boat if ya want at www.stupidfastboats.com (http://www.stupidfastboats.com)

DogHouse
08-27-2003, 07:14 PM
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-033.gif
:D

WetWillie
08-27-2003, 07:22 PM
HEHE,
Thought I was the only one that noticed. He is just boat crazy and loves to dream.. First I thought many of the questions he asked could possibly answer real potential buyers questions. But then I reread the thread and realized no one was gunna ask "Hey if I trim it up all the way will the boat pop wheelies?"
WW :D
[ August 27, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: WetWillie ]

mbrown2
08-27-2003, 08:19 PM
Boat Crazy or not, the first couple of questions were harmless, but when you talk of interest and it is the 3-5th boat you have had interest in the last 4 months...the story gets kind of old.....My .02
PK...the Skater 21 you mentioned is not made any longer (can only get used) and is the most reasonably priced boat you have mentioned in the last 6 months...you could have one for less 20K and it will do right around 100 with a 300....The insurance will cost you 1800-2000, but the boat is going to be more attainable than all the boats you have showed interest in (DCB 28, Mach 26, Ultra 22, and now Shadow 22)...Good luck with your search..

boatcrazy
08-28-2003, 05:31 PM
Hey packing air,i know how you feel.I have two 26' eliminators for-sale,these jack offs email me with some real stupid questions.Most people dont know a good deal when they see it.Good luck

Washed Ashore
08-28-2003, 07:59 PM
You know they are serious when the first thing they ask is "HOW FAST" :mad: :mad:

PACKINAIR
08-28-2003, 08:37 PM
the first one I hate the most is can we take it out ?? " YES ASSHOLE>> AFTER YOU SHOW ME THE MONEY

Phat_Kat
08-29-2003, 11:52 AM
PACKINAIR:
Howdy... I don't post on hot boat much but I am sure some of you know me from other boards... One of my biggest pet peeves is little children or dead beats that do nothing but waste your time pretending they are going to buy something.. I don't know about the rest of you but I think I am save to say that when someone on our favorite board (whatever it may be) asks a question or for help that we will take time away from whatever else we have to be doing with our time to help them out.. when the evening comes I know I like to take time and goof off for a few and help what with what I can. when it is a false post or someone wasting our time that takes time from my online poker addiction and that makes me grumpy :mad: Now when someone asks repeated questions and pretends to be a buyer with NO intention or means to make the purchase I deem that as them steeling money out of my pocket. the time they wasted, the calls I didn't take could have been a real buyer. If you have made it this far take a minute to read the post that got my rant started http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41210 .. does this kinda crap get under anyone else's skin as much as mine?? Now Phat_Krap when you get out of jr. high tomorrow and read this please stop gaying up my threads with your presence. you bother me.. :mad: as far as everyone else,, I think I might spend alittle more time here.. everyone seems pretty cool unless you guys are mad at me for picking on one of your most valued members :cool: Check out my boat if ya want at www.stupidfastboats.com (http://www.stupidfastboats.com) Yes I know I can be a pest but could this bit of anger towards me be driven by the fact that you've spent somewhere around a year trying to sell this damn thing? Come on, admit it, it just a little annoying isn't it? I ask real simple questions and most of the things I ask for should be given in advance. Sure how quiet it is isn't a normal question but I'm sure people are just a little curious. Cruising and top speed really should be listed because it's useful to know, especially on such a rare boat. Really when you look at it I probably saved your buyers some time if anything. Now they have pretty much all their questions answered.
My .02
PK

hboldno7
08-29-2003, 12:21 PM
Who left the door open and let the Phat Kat back in?

Phat_Kat
08-29-2003, 12:26 PM
hboldno7:
Who left the door open and let the Phat Kat back in? I think it was RD. He was probably too busy chasing boozer and left it open by accident.
[ August 29, 2003, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Phat_Kat ]

PACKINAIR
08-29-2003, 01:51 PM
the boat has been listed for about a week now.. I have listed it before but always seemed to find away to make things work out to where I can sell it.. last time it was listed the day I got things worked out I had a cash offer for the full asking price and passed on it.. but I am guessing you would not know anything about a morgage, all the bells that come with it, taxes, insurance on everything..... go ask dayy how quick that stuff can add up.. if I can get things sorted out without selling the boat then there is no way in hell I would ever let it go. the driving force behind me dogging you so hard is the fact if you do a search on your name on all the sites it is nothing but " I am buying this, I am interested in that" there is a big dif. betwwen saying "hey, I really like that boat but I am not a buyer .. can you tell me alittle more about it" and saying you are an iterested buyer.. hell , I am the first one to offer the kid asking about it cause he likes it a ride but the last one to take someone interested out untill I feel they are legit.

Phat_Kat
08-29-2003, 02:06 PM
that's a little more polite. Anyway, yes I know I often get "kid in candy store sindrome" but don't we all? My one asking is that you lay off the jr. high bullshit. It really is getting on my nervs now. No I'm not posting any drivers licenses or anything because that's bullshit. I'd much appreciate if you guys would show the young buck just a little respect. If you disagree with my opinions fine, say so but save the drama for AA. I know my respect levels aren't the subject at hand and you know what, in the future I will say "I'm interested in the purchase but I have my doubts about actually going through with it." Something to that tune I think is good enough to make people aware of my purchase status.
Thanks
PK
[ August 29, 2003, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Phat_Kat ]

DogHouse
08-29-2003, 03:38 PM
PK, sometimes ya talk too much, blah blah blah, blah blah blah, lots of noise and not much content...
"And that's about all I have to say about that." -Gump :D
ps: Just having a little fun with ya. Have a great holiday weekend! wink

hboldno7
08-29-2003, 04:04 PM
Your the Winner Phat Kat !!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/570you_win.jpg

Dave C
09-01-2003, 08:22 AM
PACKINAIR:
thats a funny sticker. "jet ski intake"
Good bit. Can we use that? J/K.
BTW, nice boat.