PDA

View Full Version : Snohomish River 07/15/06!!

TheGovernor
07-06-2006, 06:09 PM
ROUND TWO! Who all has the balls to get out there again on Saturday, July 15th? I know the Captain does, and they are shaved (of course)!
The tides are not a problem, so whenever you dare to head up river, we'll wait at the sandbar for you, with a cold beer in hand. We should have nice, sandy beaches all day long, which always welcomes an afternoon BBQ.
We can head down river to endure the beautiful scenery, down the winding sloughs, and find another beach to party on.
Let us know who can make it, so we can make room in our humble abode for our amigos, later on in the evening.
Cheers, hope we'll see you there!

malcolm
07-06-2006, 06:12 PM
We'll be there! :rollside:

Gayleen
07-07-2006, 08:42 AM
Sandy beaches, yeah baby!

JeaLynn
07-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey kimmy
I decided to get my own going on this thread too :cool: Yeah I for sure want to come up & hang out with ya! I am not sure about Tony, but I am thinking hell yeah, I hada blast last time! I :eat:
JeaLynn

malcolm
07-08-2006, 09:20 AM
How about round 1.5? :D
We'll be headed down there in a couple hours....

JeaLynn
07-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Cant wait until the 15th? I dont blaim you, I enjoyed it, however I dont think Tony liked it for his boat, as he sucked crap up in the jet. I think I am coming on the 15th with or with out Tony & just chilling with you all & Kim said :cool: I can ride with them so looking forward to that!
JeaLynn

malcolm
07-08-2006, 11:00 AM
We'll be out there every weekend if it's sunny out. I think he'd do well to not go much farther upstream than the second train bridge. I wouldn't run a loader grate either.

malcolm
07-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Going out again today! Funny, I must have alerted Murphy about sucking up stuff. Got a big chunk of bark through my rock grate yesterday. Gayleen watched a big piece of it fly out over the rooster tail but a piece stayed in the impeller. When I detailed it a couple years ago I left too sharp of an edge on it, so it likes to get wood stuck to it.

malcolm
07-09-2006, 10:32 AM
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/july8.JPG
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/july8a.JPG
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/july8b.JPG

Captain Assin' Off
07-09-2006, 01:58 PM
That fag, G.R.! Good looking fast boat he has.Just talking to Kim, she said she also has a problem with "wood" getting stuck to her "grate". I hope it's my wood she is referring to!
Well, it's becoming more and more official, as the days click on. Next weekend may be the last weekend with the trusty Hondo. It's looking like we'll be boatless for the remainder of the year while Blown Away is being prepped, and delivered sometime in late Sept. or early Oct. Tony and I came to a mutually undisclosed amount that will soon be changing hands The boat will remain as is, Name, numbers Etc.... He will retain the screen I.D. The boat has heritage, and I'm honored to be the recipient, and feel it is in my duty to keep the boat in original condition.
Jetster Jeff sold his boat on Craig's list Friday, so he is expecting our boat next week. We'll be humbly, hats in hands accepting gratuitous rides from willing members of the group.
It's gonna be strange, without a boat, but it's a temporary situation, and now I've got the best excuse to start building the good motor!
Who ever needs directions PM me, and I'll get back....Over & Out!!! :rollside:

Harley5229
07-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Damn...have a birthday party and then more work to do on our house so we can sell it so we cannot go. Whose having the next party?

Captain Assin' Off
07-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Whose having the next party?
You are!!! That way you can't miss the party! No excuses, right?

Harley5229
07-10-2006, 06:33 PM
You are!!! That way you can't miss the party! No excuses, right?
Well you know maybe when we get a solid offer on the house we can have a bye bye Buckley party...may not be much furniture or stuff in the house but we could do a campfire and BBQ...
obviously we don't live on the water so this would be a boatless party...but like Porter said you could all sit around and make vroom vroom sounds in the grass!!!
how's that sound?

malcolm
07-10-2006, 06:44 PM
I can see it now. The new owners taking the keys saying, " I don't remember all these burnout marks in the road on the walkthrough."
:D

Harley5229
07-10-2006, 08:16 PM
I can see it now. The new owners taking the keys saying, " I don't remember all these burnout marks in the road on the walkthrough."
:D
'zactly!!!! :devil:

-XTC-
07-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Hi All! Well since i bought PC Rats PlaceCraft early last month and live local i figured i would see if i could make it up to the snohomish and see some fellow HB'ers and their rides. I emailed the Gov but havent heard back yet and thought i might as well get started in the forums. where is the location? what launch do you launch at? Maybe someone could give me some directions on how to find this location? PM me if you dont want to post it here. I am going to be @ Lk stevens on Sat AM but may have time on Sat afternoon to make it up river or Sunday if you all will be hanging out then as well? Let me know
Thanks.
D

malcolm
07-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Hello XTC,
So, he finally sold it! :D It looks like a wild ride. Are you having fun with it? Do you have to waste your time at Stevens? We used to boat there, finally got tired of all the wetbikes and waterskiers. Always had to leave by 1:00 or the water got too rough. The river is where we belong. We launch at Rotary Park just east of Lowell, which is just SE of Everett.
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/rotarypark.jpg

-XTC-
07-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Malcom, Thanks for the quick response! The wife and I love the PC! its a blast! I have to go to stevens as my sister is needing my assistance in a patio concrete pour that we are doing. :cool: but that is a 7:00am start and should be done in a few hours if all goes well. its the last part of the pour so not too much left. they live on the south end of the lake by the bridge. by the map you posted it looks like a short trip to the location from the ramp eh? Do i need to worry about any gotchas in the river? or noise issues? do you guys run baffles or straight? Also, are you all going to be there both days or just Sat?
Darin.

malcolm
07-11-2006, 09:01 PM
There are a few snags to look out for, but as far as I can tell they are very visable and easy to avoid. Just stay in the middle until you've seen them all once. So far Saturday is the day, so can't be sure what will go on Sunday. We did go out there both days last weekend, but who knows what the weather will do.
Not many issues to worry about on the river. Only see the Sheriff boat out there every once in a while and they usually don't bother us. Just don't piss off too many fishing boats. They tend to call the cops on us if we give them much grief. Good part is the fishing boats don't get too thick until Labor day.
It is good to have all the legal stuff on board as I was given the once over by an Everett cop 2 years ago. He wanted to see the throwable PFD, horn/whistle, flares, extinguisher, life jackets, etc. I didn't have some of the stuff, but he still let us go. The fire ext. was the one he said he was most worried about besides jackets.

TheGovernor
07-13-2006, 05:19 AM
Hi All! Well since i bought PC Rats PlaceCraft early last month and live local i figured i would see if i could make it up to the snohomish and see some fellow HB'ers and their rides. I emailed the Gov but havent heard back yet and thought i might as well get started in the forums.
Hey XTC - I'm sorry, I didn't get your email somehow. Sounds like Malcolm hooked you up though! Really looking forward to meeting you and your wife, and seeing your gorgeous boat!!
After you launch your boat, head up river (away from Rotary Park). You find us on the sand bar. There will be about 10 jet boats in our pack. See you there!
Call if you need directions or anything! (I PM'd you).

jrork
07-13-2006, 05:41 AM
Damn you XTC! I've been in love with that boat since the first time he posted pictures...... What an awesome boat, congratulations. We unfortunately can't be there on Saturday but I cant wait to see it.
As far as baffles, some of us go with and some go without though I'm leaning towards picking up some just to take that worry away.
This is a great group and you'll have a blast...........have fun........John

imayachtsman
07-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Hey all my wife and I may meet up with you all and tour the river as well.
Pau & Shelia

malcolm
07-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the forum! Is it Pau or Paul? :)
We're going to try and get down there by 10:00 am. That's usually the time we roll outta bed on Sat, so hope we're not too late.
Our cell is 425-870-1970
Give us a call if you come up and we'll meet ya at the ramp. ;)

-XTC-
07-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Hopefully the weather holds up!
Lake Stevens, Wa -- Forecast
http://www.shorewoodgroup.com/***boat/weather.jpg
:cool:

-XTC-
07-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Thanks Jrork! We love the PC! I will be packing the baffles but they will be in the boat and not in the headers.... :devil:

malcolm
07-13-2006, 07:55 PM
I like mine better! :)
http://www.komotv.com/weather/images/4_6day.jpg

-XTC-
07-13-2006, 08:02 PM
I'll take that instead! :D

malcolm
07-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I just looked at weather.com, sounds like they really got it in for us huh! :)

-XTC-
07-13-2006, 08:09 PM
yeah! :crossx: the weather here is a bit more unpredictable then say AZ or CA... (hot and sunny everyday) haha.

TheGovernor
07-13-2006, 08:28 PM
Hopefully the weather holds up!
Lake Stevens, Wa -- Forecast
http://www.shorewoodgroup.com/***boat/weather.jpg
:cool:
Doesn't it suck that we have to take a look at the weather channel before planning a nice day out on the river?? Especially in the middle of JULY!!! GADZ!!
If the weather isn't acceptable for us boaters, then we're still planning on having you all over to our "rat box" for a BBQ. Okay, there's no rats living here. We do have heat, and a fridge that works, PLUS, it even makes ice!!! What more can you ask for? Well, besides a bottle of Jagermeister and some Red Bull?? And a couple of guys that exaggerate about how fast their boat goes...and how much money it's gonna take to go FASTER!!!!!
Okay, this is Steve Pool, checkin' outta here...catch ya tomorrow, with a brighter forecast!

1968Droptop
07-14-2006, 02:35 PM
WELCOME new southender's (XTC and imayachtsman) !!! Look forward to meeting you in person. Good to see more and more Hot Boats in the great NW !!! You guys know about Skagen's forum ? Us local folk chat there as well. Good place to find if anyone's getitng together locally.
Speaking of local get togethers. Anyone inerested in using a sick day next Friday and heading up to Samammish ? I'd like to check it out, any takers ?

malcolm
07-15-2006, 08:05 AM
Speaking of local GTGs, there's one today!!! I'm going to be leaving for the river here in a little while. Hope to see a bunch of boats today! :rollside:

malcolm
07-16-2006, 11:03 AM
We had a great turnout. I think we topped out at 12 boats. The afterparty at the Captain and Governor's was great too! I'll get to work on some pics. :)

malcolm
07-16-2006, 12:47 PM
The award for best of show goes to XTC!
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/july15a.JPG
Let's see, was that the reverse or diverter handle? :D
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/july15b.JPG
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/july15c.JPG
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/july15d.JPG
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/july15e.JPG
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/july15f.JPG

jrork
07-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Damn it! That looked like fun.

-XTC-
07-16-2006, 10:08 PM
What a blast! :D Thanks All for welcoming us into the crowd. It was a great time with good weather and a great bunch of folks! Good to get out and see the local HBer's out on the river. Thanks Malcom for meeting us at the dock and giving me the guided tour as we made it up the river. Nice to meet Capt A and the GOV as well as all the others this weekend. Cant wait to get out there again! Hopefully there is more pics that will get posted so that we can all see them.
Thanks again.
Darin.

malcolm
07-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Glad you made it Darin! Keep checking in, I got some footage of your passes. When I get some time I'll edit something up and post it.
Looks like I'll be ready to go again this weekend. Did you see that forecast at the top of the page?!? Sounds like a scorcher!

Ultra Compulsive
07-17-2006, 08:54 AM
hey guys...what a day!! Watchin all the drive bys...drinkin all the bevys...soaking the capt'n....Hee hee.....capt'n getting us back!! Had fun diggin all the wood out of Reese's boat:messedup:...umm...whats up with the jet ski???? Cudos to the Capt'n and the Gov for the tow back to the launch and the afterparty, cool place they got. Now I can't wait to fix my boat and get ready for Labor day. Now to try for pics.....

Ultra Compulsive
07-17-2006, 09:00 AM
pics

TheGovernor
07-17-2006, 10:27 AM
We had a great time this weekend! It was wonderful meeting Ultra Compulsive and XTC. What a fun bunch of people you are.
I can't say when we'll get out there again...Now that the "yellow boat" is in Jeff's garage, and our new boat isn't quite finished yet. The Captain refers to the boat as the yellow boat because he can't quite spit out the words "Jeff's Boat." I think he's having a hard time letting it go. Well, maybe we can bum a ride from him sometime in the near future!
Until then, may all your days be filled with umbrella drinks!

Ultra Compulsive
07-17-2006, 05:56 PM
more pics

malcolm
07-17-2006, 06:39 PM
I kinda like this one! ;)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15671
:rollside:

-XTC-
07-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Well who is headed for the river this weekend? It is supposed to be in the 90's. :cool:

malcolm
07-19-2006, 07:37 AM
We'll be there. There's a 2 foot minus tide at 10:00, so probably no use getting there before noon. This weekend is Kla-ha-ya days in Snohomish, so should be fun to buzz through town and get some looks. ;)

-XTC-
07-19-2006, 05:46 PM
It is also Aquafest in lake stevens so it will be hoppin. and HOT!
http://www.aquafest.org/index.asp
:boxed:

1968Droptop
07-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Hey there X ! I haven't met you in person yet, but I'm Chris out here in E-town. You play at Tapps much ? We play there the most, mainly because it's close. Do you know about heading down South on Aug 12th ???

TheGovernor
07-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Aqua Fest is always a great time (IF you're on land). The water tends to get so choppy out there, you'd swear you were at the hydros. We got an invite by the "Post ***** & his Wife" to head to the river on Saturday. I think they felt sorry for us since the "yellow boat" is gone. Might have to take them up on it!!! We could always streak through town in Snohomish, if the boats didn't get us enough looks!
What do you say, y'all?

malcolm
07-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Wait a minute! I thought I was only a post ***** on Skagen? Ah, maybe your right, just looked at my post count. :boxed:
Yes, I'd hate to be anywhere near Stevens on a busy weekend. :skull:

jrork
07-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Wait a minute! I thought I was only a post ***** on Skagen? Ah, maybe your right, just looked at my post count. :boxed:
No worries, you're still a slut in my book.........

-XTC-
07-19-2006, 09:48 PM
hey chris! yes i live here in lakeland so i have been to Tapps a bunch with my previous boat... I know quite a few folks at the lake but have only had this boat out there twice, its like a bathtub out there on a busy day with all the bulkheads on that lake... what is going on for the 12th? what lake, what plans?
Malcom, i think i will hit the river on Saturday about 2pm or so as i will be hanging out for the week in snohomish anyway... (little 9 day vacation) so hopefully see some of you guys out there.
Darin.

PC Rat
07-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Congratulations on the.....The award for best of show goes to XTC!
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/july15a.JPG

malcolm
07-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Alright, hope to see ya there! :D

Captain Assin' Off
07-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Captain Bly here. Well this weekend is fast approaching, and I'm feeling the pain. I came home, hit the opener, and no boat to greet me! Such a traitor.
Jeff wants me to accompany him for a few outings, until he gets used to the Yellow, er...His Boat Ahemm, so I will. I talked to him today, and we may go Sat., probably will, it'll be HOT!
Sunday, is the N.W. nationals, so we'll be there, scorching!
Wow, last weekend was a laid back BLAST, looking FWD. to this Sat. P.C., your boat is beautiful! I'm stepping into a different class of boat, the detail has to really be kept up on, ( Like yours)I'll try not to be an ass, but you never know. Tony's boat is another work of art, I hope I can keep up!
Ultra, you guys are a blast, I hope we didn't exacerbate your wife's back pain by "stretching" her on the floor by the pool table! It always sounds like a good idea when drinking. Is there a doctor in the house? Captain, Doctor, whats the diff?
I really didn't mean to douch you guys on the tow. The total squirt job by you guys, to Lisa and me, although unintentional, was thorough indeed, and we HAD to immediatly pay back, of course, you both understand...Hey man... I'm gonna make a cherry bomb, Cherry vodka, and Red Bull. Tasty! Over & out! :cool:

1968Droptop
07-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Sunday, is the N.W. nationals, so we'll be there, scorching!
So will we, bring your cell phone with you.

1968Droptop
07-20-2006, 06:15 PM
hey chris! yes i live here in lakeland so i have been to Tapps a bunch with my previous boat... I know quite a few folks at the lake but have only had this boat out there twice, its like a bathtub out there on a busy day with all the bulkheads on that lake... what is going on for the 12th? what lake, what plans?
Darin.
I hear you about Tapps. That's why we often call in sick on Friday and put in early (9-10 am). Have had really good luck going that route, lots of glass, only a few others on the lake, lots of good fun !!!
A gagle of us are heading down to Longview on the 12th to hook up with another jetter. There's supossed to be quite the bash on the river down there. From what I understand the river is very wide, slow moving, and the only thing to watch out for is a couple of sand bars. From what Lee has told me their's going to be a live DJ and TONS of boats. If nothing else it'll be a good trip.

malcolm
07-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Finally got around to loading up the video I shot.
july15.wmv (http://www.zippyvideos.com/8294487885696246/july15/*spectramac)

TheGovernor
07-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Hey, nice video Malcolm! Just don't be posting any from last weekend - that was one crazy day!!! Thanks again to you and Gayleen for taking us out on your boat. Smooth ride - and it goes pretty fast too!!
Can you believe Tiedeman? He's outta control! Hitting the diverter, instead of reverse. I wondered if he landed on the beach on purpose, but now we know the real story. Those diverters are just like their penises - the guys just can't keep their hands off them. I wish I had a diverter all my own!!!

-XTC-
08-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey Malcom, Thanks for posting the vid! cant wait to see all you folks more often. Great times.
D