PDA

View Full Version : Off To Black Lake

Wildchild80
07-06-2006, 07:21 PM
We are on our way to Black Lake I will keep you guys posted on the Western Divisionals

GofastRacer
07-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Best of luck to you guys Dave!.. :cool:

dmontzsta
07-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Good luck to you and Dave, and the rest of the pack, they will sure need it. :)

Rattle Can Lou
07-07-2006, 06:05 AM
Good Luck D@D. whoop some ass.

CircleJerk
07-07-2006, 11:02 PM
RCL, you're such a kiss up! :rollside:

Wildchild80
07-08-2006, 05:56 AM
Waiting in the hotel lobby for our crew this morning. What a beautiful facility, I will try and keep you posted on the day's activities

CircleJerk
07-09-2006, 09:56 PM
EIGHT flat bottoms and four crackers adorned the pits when we finally found it!
Dave Villwock won the one day Western Divisionals held on Saturday with his SS400 Jones capsuled 16 footer! George Woods was the driver as Dave was still returning from his hydro driving duties. I think the Rankin boat ran a 92mph but was passed on the outside in the final and placed 2nd. However in pro stock the PS80 ran away from the field until a failed part in the SS final caused a DNF. Dont know for sure if any records were broken in either class.
Three Northwest Nostalgia guys were grinning ear to ear ( I even had a bad case of holleritis) with the 'L-boat' of Mr. Nordling improving to a second place SS final on Sunday beaten only on the last lap by the SS55 who wisely cut inside the orange SS76 and out cornered the tired Lavey driver in the last turn. (could have been due to the air assist pedal package maybe)
Surprise, surprise all you L boat haters!! :yuk:
The former Tim Claveria Barron Sprint pro stock driven by Nostie Marc Halvorson Price kept pace with the SS55 (running PS also) until the aluminum rods let go. (Cant tell kids anything) Marc impressed everyone in his first big course debue but needs a real circle boat seat. The Davis team struggled to mount a charge especially when starting from the rear, but did defeat the L boat in an earlier heat. The other two Seattle capsule boats best heat finish was Lenny Bakers blue Jones third.
I didnt stay for trophys, so here is my guess for the Sunday program: SS55 first in Super Stock and first in Pro stock due to the Rankin DNF! However, earlier 'Davey-B' drove like he was possessed and on a fast icy train track headed for the North Pole! George Nordlings SS76 should have placed second overall (boy this will shock all you b-boat cheer leaders!) Get used to it, Nostalgia boats arent going away and may run division 10 again! It's a good day in Mayberry! Good Night! jErKnesS

CircleJerk
07-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Waiting in the hotel lobby for our crew this morning. What a beautiful facility, I will try and keep you posted on the day's activities
But you didnt! :cool:

Wildchild80
07-10-2006, 05:32 AM
But you didnt! :cool:
Srry Guys I got caught up in the heat of the battle. I want to thank all the guys in the northwest, we had a great time (even with the u-joint failure). We will be bsack and hopefully have somthing for the SS 400 good job guys you really have a nice running piece.

CircleJerk
07-10-2006, 06:39 AM
Dave, you truly are the inovator of the sport and class of the field, but how much horsepower would a 47 Chevy ujoint take? I know it wont happen again, and great to talk Nostalgia with you, but that wood whittling crew of yours........glad I didnt get a sharp stick poke in the eye!
jErK

FlatRat
07-10-2006, 06:55 AM
Spoken like a true jErK.....Holleritis? :rollside:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-10-2006, 09:06 AM
EIGHT flat bottoms and four crackers adorned the pits when we finally found it!
Dave Villwock won the one day Western Divisionals held on Saturday with his SS400 Jones capsuled 16 footer! George Woods was the driver as Dave was still returning from his hydro driving duties. I think the Rankin boat ran a 92mph but was passed on the outside in the final and placed 2nd. However in pro stock the PS80 ran away from the field until a failed part in the SS final caused a DNF. Dont know for sure if any records were broken in either class.
Three Northwest Nostalgia guys were grinning ear to ear ( I even had a bad case of holleritis) with the 'L-boat' of Mr. Nordling improving to a second place SS final on Sunday beaten only on the last lap by the SS55 who wisely cut inside the orange SS76 and out cornered the tired Lavey driver in the last turn. (could have been due to the air assist pedal package maybe)
Surprise, surprise all you L boat haters!! :yuk:
The former Tim Claveria Barron Sprint pro stock driven by Nostie Marc Halvorson Price kept pace with the SS55 (running PS also) until the aluminum rods let go. (Cant tell kids anything) Marc impressed everyone in his first big course debue but needs a real circle boat seat. The Davis team struggled to mount a charge especially when starting from the rear, but did defeat the L boat in an earlier heat. The other two Seattle capsule boats best heat finish was Lenny Bakers blue Jones third.
I didnt stay for trophys, so here is my guess for the Sunday program: SS55 first in Super Stock and first in Pro stock due to the Rankin DNF! However, earlier 'Davey-B' drove like he was possessed and on a fast icy train track headed for the North Pole! George Nordlings SS76 should have placed second overall (boy this will shock all you b-boat cheer leaders!) Get used to it, Nostalgia boats arent going away and may run division 10 again! It's a good day in Mayberry! Good Night! jErKnesS
Thanks for the recap Boyd. Is 92 average lap speed? Were there any qualifiers with the 400 and the 80 together?
Congratulations to ss76, its fortunate that SS-711, SS-741 and SS-8 didn't go up there right Boyd? You may recall (from Burley) all of them are faster than the 55 boat. Richard is a new driver and he's catching on quick but not really what I consider a "series" front runner yet. Go B boats :) !

mcfrance
07-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Until 80's gearbox gave up the ship, it ran 92s all day. I think one lap was 93. First race with 80 and 400, the 400 took it easy. The next race the 400 was much faster, and would have set a record had George (Woods Jr.) not backed off.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Until 80's gearbox gave up the ship, it ran 92s all day. I think one lap was 93. First race with 80 and 400, the 400 took it easy. The next race the 400 was much faster, and would have set a record had George (Woods Jr.) not backed off.
Thanks mc, what is the record?

Sked
07-10-2006, 12:19 PM
96.42 mph by Lance Faulkner

FlakeyDandruffKid
07-10-2006, 08:44 PM
If i Recall 80 Beat the 400 in the qualifier by a long shot too....

mcfrance
07-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Oops, sorry. Let me clarify - in the first heat with the 400 and 80, the 400 did not push it, so yes, the 80 won beat the 400 easily, but I wouldn't necessarily claim they were really racing each other. The second heat they definitely were racing each other, the 400 was clearly faster than the 80, and the 400 was on a record pace until the last lap, when it backed off. But then the 400 packed up its toy and went home (lame), while everyone else stayed, and raced. The 80 kicked a lot of tail. Except for the 400, no one was really in the 80's class.

BILLY.B
07-12-2006, 05:15 AM
But then the 400 packed up its toy and went home (lame), while everyone else stayed, and raced. The 80 kicked a lot of tail. Except for the 400, no one was really in the 80's class.Were they legal?.

mcfrance
07-12-2006, 08:45 AM
No indications no one was not legal. Since the 400 boat won Super Stock Western Divisionals, it was weighed. All flatbottoms passed preliminary inspection. Since no one set a record, no engines were taken apart.

Sked
07-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Four inspectors and no engine tear downs? Now that sounds pretty lame. If your statement is correct, this is something I plan on discussing with Codling. At the Easterns there were only two inspectors and engines came apart, records not required. Divisional win is enough to perform a tear down on at least the winner. Record or no, the 400 can expect to be torn down at Hampton if they show up and place in the top three. I don't know the reasoning behind not doing so for a west coast title event but that is the norm at ALL east coast title events.

mcfrance
07-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Now that I think about it a little bit more, winners were torn down (off-site), so the 400 must have been torn down (sorry about that). So maybe that's why they left and didn't come back for race day #2; they didn't want to put it back together for just Sunday. Sometimes it's hard to tell with Villwock & Co. the reasoning for what they do. I was in the tower, not in the flatbottom pits, so some info is simply through the trickle down effect.
The 400 and 80 are definitely an exciting pair to watch. Hopefully, they both appear for the big points race at the end of the year up here, Lake Sammamish, but not holding my breath...

Wildchild80
07-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Now that I think about it a little bit more, winners were torn down (off-site), so the 400 must have been torn down (sorry about that). So maybe that's why they left and didn't come back for race day #2; they didn't want to put it back together for just Sunday. Sometimes it's hard to tell with Villwock & Co. the reasoning for what they do. I was in the tower, not in the flatbottom pits, so some info is simply through the trickle down effect.
The 400 and 80 are definitely an exciting pair to watch. Hopefully, they both appear for the big points race at the end of the year up here, Lake Sammamish, but not holding my breath...
The 400 boat was torn down for inspection. There was a question regarding their fuel pump. But as far as the 80 boat it was weighed, fuel sampled, bottom checked,engine was P&Ged (Pro Stock rules) In my opinion it was an a good inspection.

Sked
07-12-2006, 03:28 PM
The 400 boat was torn down for inspection. There was a question regarding their fuel pump. But as far as the 80 boat it was weighed, fuel sampled, bottom checked,engine was P&Ged (Pro Stock rules) In my opinion it was an a good inspection.
OK That sounds more like it.

stickmann
07-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Perhaps the SS 400 leaving has something to do with Dave Villwock's very close call with the Elam Plus at Valleyfield on Friday. A near disaster averted though the unlimited is heavily damaged.
http://www.abrahydroplanes.com/index.cfm?page=U1-Update

mcfrance
07-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Villwock was in the flatbottom pits Saturday. Check out this photo:
http://billophoto.com/cart.php?type=prod&prod=447

Moneypitt
07-16-2006, 03:01 PM
I saw the UL boat Saturday morning on the trailer headed out, and it was the port side that was damaged. He tried to thread a needle into the marina, (an actual right turn, after the fin gave way and it was drifting hard at the spectator beach) away from the fans, and the parked patrol boat, but drifted off a little to port and skined the rocks pretty hard at the marina entrance. Just glad no one was hurt, boats are just that, boats..........Ray