PDA

View Full Version : My First Boat

24RODjr
08-30-2002, 11:44 PM
All,
Just a question for a friend of mine who will be purchasing a new boat in the near future.
He has never owned a boat, and has never driven one over 35MPH. He is hell bent on getting an HTM or similar high perf cat (75+) cat for his first boat.
Your thoughts?

riverliver
08-31-2002, 02:07 AM
http://www.seaeagle.com/canoes/images/330_hoots.jpg
eek!

24ROD
08-31-2002, 06:08 AM
24RODjr:
All,
Just a question for a friend of mine who will be purchasing a new boat in the near future.
He has never owned a boat, and has never driven one over 35MPH. He is hell bent on getting an HTM or similar high perf cat (75+) cat for his first boat.
Your thoughts?If the friend we are talking about is Ruben. Not a problem because you and I have driven high perf stuff, and can give him some pointers eek! From behind the wheel of course. wink

syke-o
09-01-2002, 07:34 PM
I think if you can afford it, then go for it. You can just chill on the speed until your comfortable. After a few river trips he can go a little faster as he becomes a better driver and learns the boats tendencies.

24RODjr
09-01-2002, 08:32 PM
I'm with you syke...the more the merrier!

syke-o
09-04-2002, 09:54 PM
The new Glastron 18' is pretty bad ass....

future boater
09-04-2002, 11:31 PM
well my first boat was a 1962 jupiter with a 390 cadillac and a hallcraft v-drive. hell yeah it was fast. the problem was once on plane the boat twisted. yes twisted. the boat rode on the last two feet of the right side. bottom line it was scary.... an htm would be nice compared to that thing!

WaltersCamp
09-05-2002, 06:42 AM
24RODjr:
All,
Your thoughts?My first boat?...Look at my sig.
It goes just a hair above 71+ when I'm by myself. Also, the insurance is very affordable because most insurance companies premiums skyrocket over 70/75 mph. I love it, but would like something bigger. The boat handles great, very responsive and stable. She feels rock solid. Just like a corvette, but on the water.
How much is your friend wanting to spend? Have him email me if he's interested.
[ September 05, 2002, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: WaltersCamp ]

PlayTime
09-05-2002, 09:19 PM
An HTM Wow, much props to your friend. Encourage him highly because once he pops that boat on the water. Any chicks that may have been on your boat, well should I say it or will the avatar explain it enough for you. As for the more experinced drivers (The Rod twins) On the next poker run you guys bring your experience and Ill bring my tow rope. I will be slow but I will finish. Im sure any syke-o would agree with me.
For now lets enjoy in HTM pics. Please show the rods the beauty of HTM. (Pic Posts anyone) eek!

24RODjr
09-06-2002, 09:24 AM
Wow...hmmm...wonder who this could be...
Bout time succa....
You bring your HTM, we'll bring the super cheetah, and we'll see how fast you bail on the throttle. You know that they don't come with seat belts, so the next time you get to bouncin outta control, I won't be there to save your ass....And I'm sure Syke-o would agree with that...
And speaking of Avatars...Yours says alot...how is the 909? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! eek!
Nice to see you on here :-) Dude...we be runnin' this joint now!! Ahhhh yeah!

syke-o
09-06-2002, 06:08 PM
htm's and cheetah's are both cool..... :D

24ROD
09-07-2002, 06:22 AM
Hey Ruben, uh. uh..... I mean PlayTime welcome. I guess Jackie let you join after all wink :p

24RODjr
09-09-2002, 07:34 AM
I'm aite with any boat my boys float in, so long as it's not inflatable, or aluminum hull.