PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoffs Begin- Let's Pick

Old Texan
01-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Bucs will take down Skins: 24-13
Pats weather beat the Jags: 27-10
Pats are getting healthier and into the groove, haven't lost playoff at home in longggg time.
Bucs D and they can control the ball.
Pitt and Carolina on Sunday.

HCS
01-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Bucs win 38/9
Pats win 45/17

Old Texan
01-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Just to be contrary to Old Texass, Jags beat Pats 24-21 and Skins beat the Bucs 20-17.
Little chippy with the comment are ya. Anything to do with ignoring your Rose Bowl bet? Or don't you back up all that hot air? You challenged with a bet and now you ignore all references to it and now name calling. Or I guess we all need to sit back and listen to the World according to Shockwave Bob. Or as you crowed earlier "How dare you."
If I've got it wrong tell me.
Turn fun into something bigger? You got all the opinions let's hear the latest.

HCS
01-07-2006, 01:51 PM
So much for Simms throwing the ball. :hammerhea

Old Texan
01-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Wow, dude, you really know how to sap the fun out of everything. I picked up a bottle for you and Bryan Rose today, I'll try to send them out Monday. Jeez, calm down man, just wanted to have different teams so we could banter back and forth.
Read the above post Dude. You got it going. You started the name calling. You didn't respond. Don't even insinuate I sapped any fun out of anything. You do the right thing and everything is cool.
The different teams ain't got nothing to do with it and you know it.
Talkin' sports is one thing, talkin' shiat is another. :rollside:
It can go anyway you want to play it. I'm your huckleberry. :cool:

Old Texan
01-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Sean Taylor has got to be one of the stupidest, if not the stupidest, players in the NFL. I guarantee you, one day that guy is going to pull out a gun and blow an opponent away at midfield.
Wrong.
Stupidest player in NFL is young Simms. He f'd Texas out of a national championship and he continues along in the NFL. The dropped ball could have redeemd him but he did his usual with the 2nd chance.
Steve Young was right.

Old Texan
01-07-2006, 05:47 PM
OK, you're sapping the fun out of things again. I don't like smilies, that ruin the humor of things. Sorry if you were offended that I like to call Texas "Texass", I've been posting that for years.
One more bitchy post out of you and I'm donating your vodka to charity. ;)
We're stuck with smilies for lack of real image conveyors such as fingers and gross body parts, probably a good thing.
We'll just have to see. You are on probation for now. I'll put my prepared stock of crow eating and crawfish insults away for now :cool:
And Chris Simms still sucks.

Old Texan
01-07-2006, 05:54 PM
I don't think Cris Simms call his own plays. It was Gruden's decision to take a chance into the end zone on 3rd and 4th down. That was a horrible play call on 4th and 10.
The 3rd down was there if he threw it like the dropped ball. The typical Simms play was the game ending interception.
UT had the best little QB in the college game in Major Applewhite. PaPa Phil pressured Mack Brown into starting Chris his Jr year and Major was odd man out. Major came in at the end of season Big 12 Cahmpionship and almost pulled it out. If Major would have had just 20% more arm he would have rivaled Joe Montana. Same feel for the game and leadership, just couldn't throw the long out routes at next level. Kid could read defenses as well as anyone whoever played the game.

Old Texan
01-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Probation? You're getting close to bitchy. ;)
Hey, I work for a living. I leave for work at 8 am and I got home everyday last week at 6 or later. It's not eBay, I don't have same day shipping.
There is such a thing as acknowledgement. Anyway I live on micro brews and imports, vodka is for intimate late night dealings. At my age you can't be too patient as every event gets more precious.
Richard Seymour just got a take away. Go Pats!
I'm really wondering who to pull for through the playoffs. Maybe the Bears? Gotta love Urlacher.

Old Texan
01-07-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm always skeptical of Big 12s QBs and their defense reading skills, no offense. As a matter of fact, it's the one BIG thing, besides his drop back passing ability, that has people worried about VY. Big 12 teams don't operate from a pro set and the defenses they see are primarily 8 in the box, single coverage man to man to stop the run.
Phil Simms might have put pressure on Mack Brown, but Phil didn't recruit him to Texas and, IIRC, Chris Simms was one of the most highly regarded prep QBs in the last 10 years. There are more than a few people that think playing at Texas impeded his professional progress by at least 5 years.
Sorry, I didn't see the game ending INT, I had to go spray a coat of clear before it got dark. I went out just after the failed 4th down throw.
Oh Mack pulled strings to get him. Made some promises to Phil. Thing is Major was just so damned good from the standpoint he won. Intangibles. Major was red headed and looked like 16 yrs old. But when he came on the field into the huddle everyplayer perked up cuz he was a winner. One of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed.
Chris and Major were roomies and had a great relationship. My daughter was at UT and said everyone saw Major as the man and it hurt Chris from the standpoint he was considered an outsider muscling into the hero's gig. Chris is really a good kid and has the dogma of UT and Phil. That's what Steve Young brought up and it really isn't fair.
As far as a setback I bet Chris will tell you playing behind and with Major gave him a helluva education.

Old Texan
01-07-2006, 06:14 PM
I don't think I got anything from you, my PMs were full and it was just brought to my attention on Friday morning.
So, what do you want to drink. It don't make any difference to me if you want something else.
A decent Vodka will do. PM me or something for address. My box is near empty as I don't use it much. I'm new on addresses on the forum.

Old Texan
01-07-2006, 06:28 PM
It's hard to learn a lot from a guy that didn't have the goods to take a single snap on Sunday.
The mind is what counts. Jim Mora couldn't make the leap but he is one helluva coach.
Ryan Leaf on the other hand had all the tools and mush for a brain.
Who was the kid at UCLA, Todd something, I think he got a look from the Raiders after all his off field BS. Physical waste.
Marcus Vick another case in point. Might have been better skilled than big Bro Mike. Just got kiccked out of VT for stupidity.
Major had the brain that could have put any of those more physically talented into the big time.

JetBoatRich
01-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Have to say the Patriots Ran away with this one :rolleyes:

Rod-64
01-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Have to say the Patriots Ran away with this one :rolleyes:
As they should...........my hometown team!!! :crossx:

Phat Matt
01-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Giants did well today. :D
I think I'll put my money on Pitt today.

Wet Dream
01-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Time for the Steelers to chalk up another win.

al cole'holic
01-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Time for the Steelers to chalk up another win.
..damn, I hope so! Between the USC game and this weekend I am gettin the shiat kicked outta me :cry: Looking to do some serious chasing to close this week out right!

essexjet
01-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Kitna looks good so far. That hit Palmer got did not look good just hope its not season ending.

Old Texan
01-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Carson Palmer, torn ACL. Spring training return at best. :cry:
Shame to see.

Old Texan
01-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Steeler 28- Fading Kitties 17.
Where's Don Meredith..." Turn out the lights....."

Trigger
01-09-2006, 09:59 AM
Steel Curtain looks like a shower curtain. Better step it up boys. :D
I would say that shower curtain had no problem with those little kitties in the second half. Kitna was running for his life every play.