PDA

View Full Version : Western Divisionals: Black Lake this weekend

CircleJerk
07-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Address: Evergreen Shores Beach Club 7540 Lakeside St Sw, Black Lake Olympia Wa. is the race site so you can log on to map quest for specifics. We should have three Nostalgia flats there to battle the capsules of Seattle and rumor has it the Rankin Team might show plus: ? I hope this is correct info so you Northwest folks wont miss out on a good race, not a Burley, but should be lots of boats. Right Kip and Chris? See you there for the 10 AM drivers meeting!

biesemeyer34
07-07-2006, 03:34 AM
Give me a call, when are you going over and are you going with the kid , me, or taking your own rig. Jimmy D

CircleJerk
07-07-2006, 05:59 AM
well, the kid didnt seem too interested in someone who snores........so I'm bringing the repo man and your competition! Should make for an interesting trip! I wonder if they need an announcer who spews Nostie thoughts?

DAVEY B
07-07-2006, 06:03 AM
The SS/PS 80 is on the way. I fly in to seatle this aftenoon can't wait to run on a record course should be fun! :) :)

CircleJerk
07-07-2006, 10:58 PM
sounds like this boat is going for two championships......PS and SS Look out Mr. Willwock, the boys are coming to play with the Jones! A little history here, right Mr Stich?

CircleJerk
07-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Not that anyone cares, but I am leaving at 1:00 AM and driving all morning, my plane lost a prop nut! Dont need no stinkin luggage butler though!

stickmann
07-09-2006, 09:24 PM
The SS400 is pretty fast, isn't it?

CircleJerk
07-09-2006, 10:00 PM
The SS400 is pretty fast, isn't it?
Ya, where were you when Paul and I needed you? Birdman has struck.

72 superlite
07-09-2006, 10:07 PM
there were flatbottoms there??? never saw them. Paid 14.00 to get in to above address ( they wanted 5.00 to park there, but I tricked em and parked on the street.) i saw a beer garden, a couple of fire trucks, a crane and a bunch of inboard hydros, oh and a spectator area about the size of the visitors side of a junior varsity chess match. Oh did I mention I had brought along the wife and 5 year old son?? Yep I told them we were going to go to the "ABPA western divisionals" ( silly me , I thought this might have been a big deal, I didn't realize that it meant the only view of the course was the western division of turn 1). I told myself, this ain't right, where are the flatbottoms, so I asked a couple people, and they said, they're across the lake at the " public boat launch ", but you can't get in there. Can't get in there I said?, that can't be right, this is boat racing, a family sport. So after 2 heats of inboard hydros we loaded up and headed for the other side of the lake. And I found em, at the "public boat launch", and those people were right, couldn't get in ( insurance regulations? do they know about the crane on the other side of the lake lifting 1500 lb race boats over people?). The lady at the gate said if I knew someone in there they might be able to come to the gate and let us in. No problem, I said to the family, I've got Boyds (circlejerks) cell phone #. Turns out Boyd left his cell phone and his wife in Spokane. ( nice chatting with you Robin). I would like to take this time to thank Apba, Olympia, Seattle drag and ski, or whoever else might be responsible for protecting me from myself, nice work. I'm done no more boat races for me around here. Just as i always thought, if I want to see a real boat race I've got to drive for at least a day. At least i'm not bitter.

CircleJerk
07-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Got there at 7:00 AM and Yup, I went there too, got a nice pancake feed and then was told we couldnt register at the race site but had to drive 15 minutes North to Shelton but if we hurried, we might be racing that day. :cry: Then, we got lost finding the flat pits just as you mentioned. :cry: NOW, if one bitterless guy would have said he was going, we had extra pit passes AND then you would have had Georges cell number Dude! But thanks for entertaining the little Lady! Cell phones are only for important folks or morons! Did I fool you? Sorry......

mcfrance
07-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Not all record courses can be as viewable as one surrounded by a large park, and can't have four to six hours of just flatbottoms racing. For better views and another record course try Lawrence Lake next May (excellent hilltop viewing from the flatbottom pits). Lake Sammamish at the very end of September has three days of racing with bonus points, and is at the State Park.
At least you're not bitter...

72 superlite
07-09-2006, 10:37 PM
ok ! so let me know about extra pit passes next time. As my 5 year old son said after we couldn't see the flatbottoms, " I HATE THIS DAY". ever try explaining insurance regulations to a five year old?

72 superlite
07-09-2006, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the info. As I have gone to boat races over the last 38 years in this area I am familiar with the other courses you mentioned. Black lake is one I have never been to before, and because of the others was a lot less than I expected .And as much as I would like to see six hours of flatbottom racing I know it ain't going to happen around here.

RaysonKid
07-10-2006, 05:53 AM
I'm glad I stayed home and did some painting.
I like your coment about the crane.
I remember having a few hydro swung over my head at Spanaway Lake.
Back in the day....
What insurance???

CircleJerk
07-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Yes, those five other Nostie drivers without boats commented that it just wasnt what they were used to. If you missed Burley you cant understand what a great facility and race it is in comparison. But dont forget boat racing has lost its best race sites and will never get them back due to progress and overpopulation. Also our Nosties, me included, miss our large flat races and may not want to survive the higher APBA prices! So, go to Moses Lake in September and watch more than 8 flats! Have the time of our lives! JeRkout A certain girl was fitted for a capsule ride............?

FlatRat
07-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Yes, those five other Nostie drivers without boats commented that it just wasnt what they were used to. If you missed Burley you cant understand what a great facility and race it is in comparison. But dont forget boat racing has lost its best race sites and will never get them back due to progress and overpopulation. Also our Nosties, me included, miss our large flat races and may not want to survive the higher APBA prices! So, go to Moses Lake in September and watch more than 8 flats! Have the time of our lives! JeRkout A certain girl was fitted for a capsule ride............?
Moses in Sept....?mmmm..Would a certain Hilborn Injected Howard Runner be welcome?I've had a heck of a time getting this thing to work.I hope to have all the bugs out by then... :rollside:
wowzers..500 posts

mcfrance
07-10-2006, 09:33 AM
There is an APBA race at Moses in two weeks. Once again, Pro Stocks and Super Stocks will be running...
People who have hydros slinging over their heads are only in the hot pits, and have signed waivers for acitivties such as that. I believe the minimum age for being in the hots pits is 12. I hated that rule when I was a little kid.