PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Chop Mitigation

Sleek316
07-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Besides the common answer to get a bigger boat. Has anyone tried adding ballast to the bow of their boat to mitigate the shock & pounding.
(23' Sleek, modified Vee Hull W/12" Tabs)
I ride with my tabs down to force the bow downward. This of course improves the ride alot. I was wondering if anyone has tried other measures to decrease the pounding?
I'd like to hear comment from the experts.

Roxysnow
07-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Bust of the check book and buy a CAT or don\'t come to Havasu on a weekend or just trim and throttle! :rollside:

XtrmWakeborder
07-07-2006, 11:27 AM
I don't understand why people can't handle the chop on havi. I was there on the 4th in my 19ft jet boat and just flew over the top of it no problem. To me a choppy day in parker is much worse. I love to fly my boat, calm water is just boring.

ROZ
07-07-2006, 11:30 AM
don't ski racers use ballast systems?

rivercrazy
07-07-2006, 11:31 AM
More throttle and a little more up on your trim!

Jordy
07-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Besides the common answer to get a bigger boat.
I'm out... :notam: :D

HCS
07-07-2006, 11:42 AM
More throttle and a little more up on your trim!
That was my thought. More throttle and HP.
You need to fly man!

havasurat27
07-07-2006, 03:01 PM
More throttle and trim......When in doubt....power out!

Dave C
07-07-2006, 03:19 PM
you must not be married :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
J/K I agree. maybe one day I will tell them to shut it and enjoy the ride ;) ;).... probably not :crossx:
I don't understand why people can't handle the chop on havi. I was there on the 4th in my 19ft jet boat and just flew over the top of it no problem. To me a choppy day in parker is much worse. I love to fly my boat, calm water is just boring.

beaverretriever
07-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Funny because that is how I feel. I think everyone on here is spoiled. Our last boat was a 20.8 wakeboard boat. Talk about rough. We just couldnt go real fast.
Our new boat should be much better.

OCMerrill
07-07-2006, 04:27 PM
My boat rides rough. I could do the lakes but my ass would pay for it. I would also pay for it with my ears....Wife Meter!
Go without my wife...same wife meter. Imagine that.
Yep its Parker...everyday except Saturday. Place sucks, please don't go there.
One more year then bigger boat.

Ziggy
07-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Or if everyone sized back down to moderate length boats it would ease up some too.......5 years ago my 20' jet was still just fine, wifemeter and tit slapping jolts changed her view of ok so we stepped to 23 with more V....its toterable 93% of the time, 7% calculated for the stretch between Steamboat and Thompson Bay

JB in so cal
07-07-2006, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=Ziggy][B]Or if everyone sized back down to moderate length boats it would ease up some too[/B
Zig,
you start that campaign and once I see it's taken hold, I'll jump on board. A nice 21' w/ a deep v would be a lot easier to: keep clean. find slips for. limit people onboard. store. and tow.
Git' er done!

Ziggy
07-07-2006, 05:20 PM
[QUOTE=Ziggy][B]Or if everyone sized back down to moderate length boats it would ease up some too[/B
Zig,
you start that campaign and once I see it's taken hold, I'll jump on board. A nice 21' w/ a deep v would be a lot easier to: keep clean. find slips for. limit people onboard. store. and tow.
Git' er done!
Not to mention the savings in cost, fuel etc.......
And according to Fast Freddy, you could still smoke a Cig :D
I'm all over it JB...can you make a sign for me ;)

Wake Havasu
07-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Go through the "narrows" on Lake Powell on Sat at 1pm.
You'd have to be in a Cat 3 hurricane to ever complain about chop again.